What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCJohnC

Juniors
Congratulations franklin2323 I think you have reached 20,000 posts today. I have not always agreed with your comments but they are usually worth a read and your heart is a Panther.

Crashtest

Juniors
I wonder whether we are using the cap relief for having May stood down, to sign Winterstein? As we already had our top 30 signed up.

I wonder whether we are using the cap relief for having May stood down, to sign Winterstein? As we already had our top 30 signed up.

Don't know about cap relief yet but he would be very cheap. Manly may be paying some freight if not he has already received about 5 months worth of salary this year.

Crashtest

Juniors
I checked the squad lists from the nrl site and they show us with 29 players, with no McKendry listed.

The team list on the panthers site though has 30, including McKendry.

Maybe they were able to get an injury waiver for him, allowing us to sign Winterstein. Although I thought this could only happen if the player was medically retired.

Panfa

Juniors
Anyone seen the size of brayden mcgrady hes a qld cup signing for us this yr out with injury at the moment.Hes a nephew of ewan mcgrady ive seen some footage of him 22yrs old 198cm tall 98kg and can run.

Matthew Ellis

Juniors
Anyone seen the size of brayden mcgrady hes a qld cup signing for us this yr out with injury at the moment.Hes a nephew of ewan mcgrady ive seen some footage of him 22yrs old 198cm tall 98kg and can run.
Yeah, he's got some talent but he's coming off an acl injury at the end of last season. So he won't show what he can really do until next year.

GongPanther

Referee
extra option I suppose, but just makes me doubt that who we have now wont be able to make them jump to FG.

but in saying that, if he puts on the Panther jersey, he's one of us and ill back him through :)
Not fair to jump to conclusions when he hasn't even played one game for us. And who knows,different surrounds can take you to leap and bounds, I'll be looking forward to be seeing him in a Panther jersey. :)

GongPanther

Referee
Or are we resigned to losing May long term?
Depends if he is found guilty.

My bias guess is that he will be punished by the NRL for the first 7 rounds that he will miss up to the date of the court appearance,plus 10 to 20% of his wages, I don't know.

I'm not going to speculate what punishment he will receive from the court, as we should stay well away from commentating about that.

Depends if he is found guilty.

My bias guess is that he will be punished by the NRL for the first 7 rounds that he will miss up to the date of the court appearance,plus 10 to 20% of his wages, I don't know.

I'm not going to speculate what punishment he will receive from the court, as we should stay well away from commentating about that.

That’s an interesting point you raise that I haven’t seen covered, will the no fault stand down period count towards a future punishment? Ie. in a time served capacity.

Kilkenny

Coach
Mays next court appearance is in May which is a mention date only. If he enters a not guilty plea on his next court appearance it will be set down for hearing so I am guessing An August hearing date at the earliest so his season is basically over!!!! He would be almost better off entering into a plea bargain arrangement and getting it finalised. Given he is not going to get jail time just get it over with and once his court matter is over he will have served sufficient punishment and he will be free to play. If he defends this matter I suggest his season is over.

GongPanther

Referee
That’s an interesting point you raise that I haven’t seen covered, will the no fault stand down period count towards a future punishment? Ie. in a time served capacity.
Wouldn't have a clue. And I suspect, neither would the NRL based on the gravity of all the offences that are floating around ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.