What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 25 Team List vs Sea Eagles

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Which idiot, NRL or Ch 9, has put this on at 6pm on Friday? Pretty sure some senior executive at Ch 9 is a Dogs supporter considering how many times they've been on FTA when much better matches are only on Fox.
I may be wrong, (it would be rare), but at time of scheduling these two clubs were the bottom 2 in 2018, with most predicting they would miss the top 8 this year.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Assuming you are talking about Stefo, well considering the club had him training full time at 18 with the NRL squad and on a development contract, have him playing NSW cup even when he has 2 years of 20’s to go, along with being named in the 21 man squad a few times (and I think 18th once), probably is a good indication that the club see’s a future for him....and surely wouId make Stefo feel welcome and wanted at the eels.

Additionally where is the evidence he is off contract (I haven’t see any media reports indicating either way ) ? I reckon there is a good chance he is contracted for next year on a development contract if our past history is any indicator, it seems any promising juniors we have had over the last few years have always been contracted until they finish eligibility for 20’s
Nov 1 he becomes available just like everyone else in their last season.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lets assume someone comes knocking in the off season (even though I'm not convinced)...Playing one game wont change his mind if someone else offers big $$.

If we haven't used him earlier in the season (where we have been Top 8 all year) why suddenly throw him into the most important games? Wouldn't you want to ease him in?

Also, why would you assume that him not playing in first grade is a sign that he is not wanted here? Do you think it is possible that there are other ways that we have made him feel very welcome?
BA gives him a weekly Handshandy???

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Stefano is not off contract. He has a year to run and was signed on a 2 year deal previously. He's off in 2021
Which means he is available from the Nov 1, which was my point.

You would of hoped we had him under lock and key by now considering how weak our middle forward rotation is, I mean us being an amazing development club and all..........

hindy111

Post Whore
More upside in giving him a game with the potential to impress and stay rather than give moeroa a game who is on the nose formwise and leaving to that boooring sport..
Again 15-20 mins in the top grade would not have been detrimental for his game and morale...

Anyone ever considered he may want to play finals with the side he played all year in rather then 15min NRL?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
He is on Nov 1, don’t worry I’m sure the development club has it all under control......

FFS, we are now questioning the club, as a 19 year old who hasn’t played NRL, who is under contract for next year, but not the following year in 2021!!

Far out !! Talk about having an half empty glass.....

Gronk

Staff member
Which means he is available from the Nov 1, which was my point.

You would of hoped we had him under lock and key by now considering how weak our middle forward rotation is, I mean us being an amazing development club and all..........

Meanwhile if BA proposed to play some junior just so he doesn't spit the dummy and sign with another club for 2021 - you guys would shit your beds.

FMD it's like you guys have seen every match that Stefano Alphabet has played. Because when I listen to the merkins from Parra Podcast, they say that the defensive reads that Alphabet and Oregon make for Wenty are almost as bad as Greg Louganis.

But yeah pick a rookie who is not ready in the final match to see who finishes 5/6th because you know better than BA, Murphy, Kidwell, Potter, O'Neil etc.

Gronk

Staff member
FFS, we are now questioning the club, as a 19 year old who hasn’t played NRL, who is under contract for next year, but not the following year in 2021!!

Far out !! Talk about having an half empty glass.....
giphy.gif

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gutho and Moses were not signed before November 1 last season they didn't sign with another club...
Who would of wanted to sign them after last season?? And totally different to a highly rated rookie not getting at a run at his present club. Clubs like the Tigers and the Dogs are always happy to Chuck overs at a young junior.

Soto

Bench
Who would of wanted to sign them after last season?? And totally different to a highly rated rookie not getting at a run at his present club. Clubs like the Tigers and the Dogs are always happy to Chuck overs at a young junior.
@hineyrulz #commonsense #logic #howdareyoudisagree

JokerEel

Coach

Imagine Fafita at the Broncos Signing for someone else last season after not playing any NRL games... He would have signed for 3 years at alot less than what he is worth now..

That is how you sell it to our Juniors for next season he will play NRL next season how much his next contract will be is up to him...

Roll the dice and Sign November 1 for another team or play to your potential and make a lot more..

Latest posts