What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd11: Eels v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 20/5/22

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Another thing that deserves to be mentioned. Moses was outstanding tonight. Didn’t go into his shell after that chip found Schuster. Was involved in absolutely everything. And when it mattered and the game was on the line, he slotted the winning goal from the sideline in the pissing rain.

Often he’s criticised at the back end of games. Sometimes that criticism is perhaps warranted. That’s fine, but then you’ve got to acknowledge that tonight, when it mattered, he got it done.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Our offloads also required them to have more merkins in the tackle, which would have fatigued them at the back end of the game. We need to promote the ball early
The threat of the offload forces them to commit defenders. That means you need support runners, and obviously you have to throw it sometimes to keep the defence honest. But have no doubt that offloads against an aggressive, committed defensive line is asking for trouble. The time to throw the offload is when most defenders are on their way back into the line, not when they're up harassing the supports.

Anyway I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't know. But we earned most of those offloads. The few we didn't earn either ruined our set finish or gifted Manly possession and field position.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Another thing that deserves to be mentioned. Moses was outstanding tonight. Didn’t go into his shell after that chip found Schuster. Was involved in absolutely everything. And when it mattered and the game was on the line, he slotted the winning goal from the sideline in the pissing rain.

Often he’s criticised at the back end of games. Sometimes that criticism is perhaps warranted. That’s fine, but then you’ve got to acknowledge that tonight, when it mattered, he got it done.
Some of his defence was sublime tonight. Hes a really tough player now days.

King-Gutho94

Coach
My thoughts on the game.

I thought we actually started strongly and had the early dominance. The gutho try getting overturned knocked us around then all of sudden manly scored straight after and we were playing catchup for the rest of the night which isn't our strong suit.

Did we get some 50/50 calls yeah no doubt but f... me home ground advantage should count for something and i recall we have been screwed over at Brookie numerous times before by some ref decisions.

Swings in roundabouts and somehow Des Hasler whinges everytime we beat manly.

I watched the post game show when i got home on Ch9. Fittler brought up when talking to Moses how important Shaun Lane is and what a good job he does.

Would Freddy pick him for origin i doubt it. But the fact freddy brought up his name last year and actually mentioned his name to Moses in the post match ahead of other players makes me think he must watch him closely and rate him.

And some of the security guards are absolute wankers my brother got marched out with 25 mins to go due to association as one his mates who got asked to leave over asking some corporate staff when is the dessert coming out. Which never came despite being part of the package of the ticket.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Simmonson will get an intercept tonight

Fail

Manly starting to open them up. Could see 10 line breaks tonight against us

Fail

was 4-4

I am noticing that Penisini is a bit on the slow side. Talented and well balanced but yeah slow.

Yeah seems to have lost sone spark/pace he had when he debut, and earlier this year

This is embarrassing. We won’t come back
Because we have a mentally weak team led by the biggest choker Brad Arthur

Fail

I tipped Manly to win. Every week it’s the same shit from the players. “We know what we have to do. It’s an attitude thing.” Yada yada. Talk is cheap, as they say.

How can a team with this much ability and talent perform so badly nearly every week?

Fail

What no one has mentioned and its not an excuse but I think a valid reason

5 day turnaround - We seemed heavy footed and definately not as up beat as Manly. They have had an extra 2 days to rest and prepare and of course were wanting to come out prove a point after the Ponys drubbing. Some of our forwards were off the pace, maybe playing busted as well

Thought Manly did a Storm a lot in the ruck, plus there was a few times their markers were off side or not square (Sat behind the posts southern stand)

Over the moon with a win in the bank. We aint gonna win a comp playing like that. But with some agile, league smart and fast troops coming back soon (mainly Russell over Perham and Waqa over Opacic) we can improve plenty we have in recent years. That extra half a yard of pace can play a huge difference

Get a good win v Raiders next week leading into the bye, rest and reset. We get back in the top 4, as the sides above each other play each other this weekend and next

Sincere thoughts to Avegner and The Predictor with what their families are going through ❤️

Wally21

Bench
My father who passed away today was a Parra fan and my son who was dad’s favourite said that Moses would kick the goal for deda.

God bless you, Mitchell.

We both cried as the full time siren sounded.
Sorry for your loss Avenger. Tough losing your dad.

Kayo is shitting me. The 6pm game goes past the start of the 8pm game but despite being in the 8pm game stream they still make you watch the end of the 6pm game.
it used to shit me too how it never carried over from one game to the next you had to go out then start again

then i found out about live channels if you go down in the menu there is a selection of live channels just pick 502 and you'll get the fox feed

No, we're able to offload at will when we play patiently and wear the opposition down. When they get tired from rushing up quickly the opportunities for offloads come more often. But without wearing the merkins down the offloads are too risky for the reward.
i agree we can't just go offload crazy we end up either dropping the ball, throwing it over the sideline or giving away an intercept