What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day: Rd2 Eels v Sharks @ Commbank Mar 10, 2023

the phantom menace

First Grade
He's a f**king clown. If they're gassed, they need to be taken off through a smart bench rotation.

The main issue isn't RCG and Paulo - it's the 80mins being dealt out to Hodgson and Hopwood as starting middles. Even when Matterson is back, he only managed 60mins at a stretch... it's insanity to expect 80 from the Hs.

T.S Quint

Coach
They're all shit house options.

Hence my reason for being unenthused about the season.

I am unsure if either Dunster or Cini is a shit option just yet.

Dunster has shown he can hold his own in FG, it’s mostly a matter of how he can return from his injury. One game in RG probably won’t tell us much. Let’s wait a few weeks before we write him off just yet.

Cini looked good in the trials and could possibly look good as a regular first grader. I don’t know, and neither do you to be honest.

Russell looked to be our first choice winger along with Sivo. It’s shit that he’s now injured again. We now have to replace him with a backup, so obviously whoever it is isn’t going to set the world on fire. I’d just like them to be better than Simonsson and Blake.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Doorey isn’t even in the same post code as Niukore. It’s serious cope to suggest that.
One of the dumber comments I’ve read tonight. Doorey is a solid player and maybe end up a solid first grader but Marata when fit has plenty of X factor and can play on an edge or middle. Look at the good job he did in the centres.

Noise

Coach
Yuck. Jeff Robson was an "old merkin" and i'd rather watch the 2009 or the 2019 GF than the game tonight or the 2022 GF again. Early 30's is fine ageist scum
I’d argue 33 is mid 30s. And with his injury history def not a ‘young 33’.

ImTheMan

Juniors
I'd f**kin' quadruple like this post if I could.
Theoritically, Sandow wins the same amount of premierships with the Eels as Moses. Moses earns five times as much over his contract. Is that a good result, or just a good result for a dick measuring contest on a forum???

Chipmunk

Coach
Doorey is so overrated here as is Murchie and that other Moo moo guy. Hodgson is also past it. These 4 remind me of when we signed Muckert, Muspratt and some other plodders in 2003.
I can't believe we're expecting Hodgson to play for 80 minutes. He's a 60-65 mins tops.

IFR33K

Coach
Doorey is so overrated here as is Murchie and that other Moo moo guy. Hodgson is also past it. These 4 remind me of when we signed Muckert, Muspratt and some other plodders in 2003.

who rated those fellas apart from TCT. Oh yeah I forgot a few here said Hodgson was a good signing after losing rheed

Delboy

First Grade
Well calmed down and a little more disappointed than I should be for the second game.

Shows how important Gutho is, he goes off and the shape of the defence suffers.
Blake is possibly the most physically gifted player on the roster, but is a mental midget with absolutely no feel for the game. 6’3” at least and offers so little in the air,can’t pass in tight situations , How many times was Sivo left stranded. At best he should be on the wing with Simmonson in the centres , as Blake is a turnstile and was grade F - (possibly worse than that)
Sivo did nothing really wrong, the odd mistake more than made up for with his general game.
The halves were much more energetic , Drown is a hairsbreadth from breaking through, very encouraging. Mitch was again good, a couple of missed conversion did come back to bite us.
Reggie and Junior are class
Hopgood was more than good, although one bad miss did lead to a try, seeing he set up 3 , forgiven
Doorey did a good job, and would be terrific coming off the bench when needed. Cartwright continues to work hard and impressed.

At the ground what was noticeable and is a coaching issue, when Sharks came forward they mostly had 2/3 runners behind the ball carrier and there was some swift changes in direction which we don’t seem to do. We wait for the forwards to do the grunt, when we ball play as we did in the second half, chances happen ( just don’t give it to Blake when swift sharp passes are needed).

Hodgson is a good dummy half, but as a defender when players like Moylan run at him and continually wrong foot him, that’s a problem.He can be slow to react and that opens the ruck.

T.S Quint

Coach
Theoritically, Sandow wins the same amount of premierships with the Eels as Moses. Moses earns five times as much over his contract. Is that a good result, or just a good result for a dick measuring contest on a forum???

How many Finals games did Sandow play at the Eels (or anywhere actually)?

Moses earns five times as much because the salary cap is a shitload higher now.

Don’t compare the two. It’s not even close.

ImTheMan

Juniors
You probably remember I was never a fan of his.
Even less so after he signed for us. I’ll never forgive Kearney for it.
Omg guys u literally have to remember that I started a thread when Moses came to the Eels that he was no better than Mortimer and even resembled him, much more expensive option, we should have got Cronk at any cost, that the problem has always gone beyond the coach or halfback, I should do recruitment for Parra too, give me your contacts, x o x o

Latest posts