What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8 2023: Non Parra games (Anzac rd)

strider

Post Whore
I've reached the point my of the season where I will watch the Eels play and Panthers games only. Along with the odd good game if bored.
I couldn't be bothered with yesterdays games. Even tho both sounded like beauties.
I did the exact same yesterday ... sat down when dolphins vs titans started, watched about 3 minutes and went, nah f**k it, what else can i do ... tho i did see the last 10 minutes

hindy111

Post Whore
I did the exact same yesterday ... sat down when dolphins vs titans started, watched about 3 minutes and went, nah f**k it, what else can i do ... tho i did see the last 10 minutes

What did you do for 77 mins ( I included halftime)

King-Gutho94

Coach
Does anyone else get a bit jealous Parra don't regularly play on Anzac Day.

For Roosters and Dragons fans they can plan there whole day around the footy every year.

There very lucky its probably the 2nd biggest day of the year in terms of club footy outside of the GF.

Incorrect

Coach

For Roosters and Dragons fans they can plan there whole day around the footy every year.

There very lucky its probably the 2nd biggest day of the year in terms of club footy outside of the GF.
I don't really get jealous, it's still an enjoyable day of footy generally.

Heard an interesting proposal a few minutes ago on ABC Grandstand. A listener texted in saying that if PNG end up being the 18th team, they could play the Cowboys on ANZAC Day as a tribute to the fuzzy wuzzy's and the history between AUS and PNG. Not a bad idea at all

Last edited:

Noise

Coach

Not really. Usually I am enjoying myself doing my arse at 2up. It would be too hard to focus on my heads bets if the eels were playing.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Heard an interesting proposal a few minutes ago on ABC Grandstand. A listener texted in saying that if PNG end up being the 18th team, they could play the Cowboys on ANZAC Day as a tribute to the fuzzy wuzzy's and the history between AUS and PNG. Not a bad idea at all

Did you also like the Luke Lewis idea of ANZAC DAY games at 10am, 2pm, 7pm

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Did they use the term 'fuzzy wuzzys'?

TheParraboy

Staff member

They were saying Roosters were big on Anzac day well before these sorts of games, then got together with Dragons in 1999 to make it an annual event and it just grew from there. Kudos and respect to them.

We have Easter Monday and Darwin, envy of every sporting club on the planet..