What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Tigers make their bid to be 18th team

Ck9

Juniors
if NRL wasnt so cuckolded to News Ltd they would have been Brisbane2 and we wouldn't be wasting another license in a city of 2.3million! Brisbane North, Firehawks South.

Redcliffe/SC should have been put on hold with the proviso they'd be in if suitable stadiums where built in those regions.
news corp shenanigans and another example of north brisbane bias, pretending like anything south or east of the gabba doesn't exist.

expansion is such a clusterf**k moving forwards now because of it, but hey at least the horse get to keep printing money.

Pippen94

First Grade
Agreed on emerald green & silver (maybe even with black as an accent too) - it'd be a really unique, eye-catching look.

I think the original post said it's unlikely Brisbane Easts going to abandon the Firehawks bid name - I dunno, I think it might grow on me.. but I really think any Brisbane 3 (or Queensland 5 for that matter) team would be a mistake for team 18 - and either Perth or NZ 2 would be a far better move.

The sad thing is that NRL HQ just seems to publicly brain-fart their way through decision making, firing out lip-service to so many locations & crazy schemes that you'd think they're going to 24 teams!

Green, gold & white is probably what they go with

Pippen94

First Grade
One article said they are 'Unlikely' to use it. I reckon they wont announce anything until the bid outcome is known. That way they cant face any backlash. A bid wont be decided on its logo at end of day.

Firehawks was shi..so they dumping it

No1_Eel

Juniors
This might seem extreme to judge on one crowd but to me the fact Dolphins vs Titans so two Queensland teams only drew 22k is a definite sign we shouldn’t have another QLD team.

Before the Dolphins Queenslanders always said “we would have 30,000 plus if there was a game at Suncorp every week.” Dolphins have been successful, I’m not debating that but another QLD team over a new area seems very shortsighted. It’s the NRL we are talking about so they will probably be the next new team.

Diesel

Referee
if NRL wasnt so cuckolded to News Ltd they would have been Brisbane2 and we wouldn't be wasting another license in a city of 2.3million! Brisbane North, Firehawks South.

Redcliffe/SC should have been put on hold with the proviso they'd be in if suitable stadiums where built in those regions.
I don’t think you understand the dynamics of Brisbane. It’s under represented, there’s a north v south rivalry and PVL dislikes AFL.

MugaB

Coach
Why does the article say rivalling the Cairns Pasifika bid?

What f**king bid? Literally no- one has put forward any bid for this scenario
Andrew hill is heading up the bid, BUT there isn't anything public as of yet... might be due to the many options that keep getting added to the bid or other various issues (govts)

MugaB

Coach
no
but hardly anything like Redcliffe either eh
What are you talking about, all they did was add gold
For their NRL team...
If (and its a massive IF) Ipswich ever got a team, they'd be bottle Green, white/silver and Gold trim
That doesn't clash with any team, raiders are the closest, and they are lime green and white with a gold/blue trim

Latest posts