What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WT’s Pathways

One of new woman players said our other new player “Harmony” loves the biff.

They’ve been training with the guys apparently, that’s going to help them.

I met Galvin, very humble and genuine, I didn’t detect any extra nervousness about his impending selection.

Its never a light or easy run against the raiders. Fair squad, well coached, I’m looking forward to it.

One for us boomers/gen x and our secret junior Tiger fan- our beloved @soc123_au. I think he’s only 25 or something:

Galvin-son oh Galvin-son.
I can see your passes flowing
I can see your hands are glowing
I clean my gun and dream of Galvin-son.

Hard out my lad, do you want to live forever?

One of the most surprising, historic and enigmatic selection decisions in club history (pray it works!)

Last edited:
Andrew Johns Cup team into the Final this Sunday
Matts unbeaten and leading the Comp
SG Ball 6th and still in Smi Final Contention.

Pathways coming along nicely

Tiger Ted

Bench
Andrew Johns Cup team into the Final this Sunday
Matts unbeaten and leading the Comp
SG Ball 6th and still in Smi Final Contention.

Pathways coming along nicely
Sg ball were pummeled by an avg souths team last wk.This wk they r playing the unbeaten rorters who will do a number on them.Also Harold Matt’s r coming 1st but they’ve had a soft draw & will get a proper gauge as to whether they r contenders against a strong rorters side this wk.

Sg ball were pummeled by an avg souths team last wk.This wk they r playing the unbeaten rorters who will do a number on them.Also Harold Matt’s r coming 1st but they’ve had a soft draw & will get a proper gauge as to whether they r contenders against a strong rorters side this wk.
Have you watched any junior footy?

Your reply is very negative minded based on ladder positions and no real analysis of their campaigns

Tiger Ted

Bench
Have you watched any junior footy?

Your reply is very negative minded based on ladder positions and no real analysis of their campaigns
I think ur misconstruing being objectively factual for being negative.Im not into embellishing the facts.Facts are re HM in the 6 games they’ve played only 1 game has been against a top 8 team.They’ve played the bottom 4 & 5 of the bottom 8.Theyve been fortunate thus far to have avoided playing any team in the top 6.
Re Sg ball who’ve had 7 matches.Theyve also been lucky enough to play the bottom 4 & have also only played 1 team in the top 8.
I want both teams to b very successful
however I don’t believe they are as good as u may think they are.Good luck to them for rest of the competition especially this wk against strong opposition in the rorters.

Tigerm

First Grade
NRL twitter

Tigers’ bid to lock up boom prodigy as rival clubs and codes circle — Transfer Whispers​

The Wests Tigers are reportedly aiming to lock up boom young gun Heamasi Makasini after his breakout year in the Harold Matthews Cup this year amid interest from rival clubs and codes.

The Daily Telegraph reported the Tigers are one of several clubs to take notice of the young rising star and are keen to make a move to secure his services.

The Western Suburbs Magpies star has been on fire over the past few weeks scoring 64 points in four games, which included six tries and 20 goals.

Makasini is currently a member of the Under-16s NSW Waratahs team and has represented the Under-16s Australian rugby union side last year.

The Wests Tigers held a meeting with him Makasini on Tuesday with NRL coach Benji Marshall, CEO Shane Richardson, and General Manager of Football Matthew Betsey in attendance.

Makasini was supported by his parents, and his agent Mario Tartak.

“Heamasi is a promising young local junior coming through our system,” Betsey told The Daily Telegraph.

“Richo has been on the record saying we are a development club and we want to continue to connect with all the players coming through the pathways, particularly the talented ones. We do that regularly.

“We are starting to see the Lachlan Galvins come through, the green shoots of our pathways.

“Our pathways has been successful in the last few years and we want our players to understand they’re a part of that success moving forward.”

Makasini is currently at Newington College in Year 11, but his physical presence in attack and defence, football intelligence and skill have him firmly on the NRL’s radar.

He also represented the Under-16s City team last year, bagging a double within two minutes.

It is understood that he has already taken part in several NRL training sessions with the Wests Tigers, with the club hoping he will make his first grade debut within the next 18 months.

Vic Mackey

Referee
NRL twitter

Tigers’ bid to lock up boom prodigy as rival clubs and codes circle — Transfer Whispers​

The Wests Tigers are reportedly aiming to lock up boom young gun Heamasi Makasini after his breakout year in the Harold Matthews Cup this year amid interest from rival clubs and codes.

The Daily Telegraph reported the Tigers are one of several clubs to take notice of the young rising star and are keen to make a move to secure his services.

The Western Suburbs Magpies star has been on fire over the past few weeks scoring 64 points in four games, which included six tries and 20 goals.

Makasini is currently a member of the Under-16s NSW Waratahs team and has represented the Under-16s Australian rugby union side last year.

The Wests Tigers held a meeting with him Makasini on Tuesday with NRL coach Benji Marshall, CEO Shane Richardson, and General Manager of Football Matthew Betsey in attendance.

Makasini was supported by his parents, and his agent Mario Tartak.

“Heamasi is a promising young local junior coming through our system,” Betsey told The Daily Telegraph.

“Richo has been on the record saying we are a development club and we want to continue to connect with all the players coming through the pathways, particularly the talented ones. We do that regularly.

“We are starting to see the Lachlan Galvins come through, the green shoots of our pathways.

“Our pathways has been successful in the last few years and we want our players to understand they’re a part of that success moving forward.”

Makasini is currently at Newington College in Year 11, but his physical presence in attack and defence, football intelligence and skill have him firmly on the NRL’s radar.

He also represented the Under-16s City team last year, bagging a double within two minutes.

It is understood that he has already taken part in several NRL training sessions with the Wests Tigers, with the club hoping he will make his first grade debut within the next 18 months.

He wont be able to as they've changed the rules so the minimum debut age is 18, but I genuiley believe you could chuck this kid in NRL at the end of the year and he wouldnt look out of place. He has Israel Falou written all over him.

I think ur misconstruing being objectively factual for being negative.Im not into embellishing the facts.Facts are re HM in the 6 games they’ve played only 1 game has been against a top 8 team.They’ve played the bottom 4 & 5 of the bottom 8.Theyve been fortunate thus far to have avoided playing any team in the top 6.
Re Sg ball who’ve had 7 matches.Theyve also been lucky enough to play the bottom 4 & have also only played 1 team in the top 8.
I want both teams to b very successful
however I don’t believe they are as good as u may think they are.Good luck to them for rest of the competition especially this wk against strong opposition in the rorters.
Ill ask again
Have you watched any Junior footy

Tiger Ted

Bench
Ill ask again
Have you watched any Junior footy
I normally watch plenty of junior footy as I have family members who coach & play in the juniors.However due to family & work obligations I may not have been able to attend the junior reps of late although I have friends who have & although they are optimistic especially with our HM side they did emphasise as is confirmed by the ladder that through luck of the draw they have had a very soft draw thus far.Hence I dont profess to b an expert on the junior rep cup teams like yourself & was merely making observations based on the poor quality of the majority of opposition teams wests have played thus far.

I normally watch plenty of junior footy as I have family members who coach & play in the juniors.However due to family & work obligations I may not have been able to attend the junior reps of late although I have friends who have & although they are optimistic especially with our HM side they did emphasise as is confirmed by the ladder that through luck of the draw they have had a very soft draw thus far.Hence I dont profess to b an expert on the junior rep cup teams like yourself & was merely making observations based on the poor quality of the majority of opposition teams wests have played thus far.
So your summary and observation is based on what Friends told you. Got it.