What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Channel Nine Olympic Coverage

bileduct

Coach
Did C9 get exclusive rights to the opening ceremony or something?

Was expecting to see it replayed on Foxtel today but I haven't found shit.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I expect a Victorianathon...it is who ch9 is...who else would pay $100s of millions for a sport to broadcast, yet promote another channels sport.

Victorians.

Danish

Referee
I know they changed the rules to suit, but take Soccer for example, under 23s and a few marquis to get the crowd in, not these rich arrogant shits who refuse to stay in the Olympic village as they only stay in 5 start resorts.

When the Yanks used to field their amateur teams, they got shit on so they wanted the rules changed, same with their track and field team.

The Olympics were developed for amateur sports and I think we should be looking to retain as much of this as possible.

Providing the IOC stops selling the rights, all advertising is removed from the stadiums, tv networks broadcasting it show it all ad-free and we let everyone in for nothing.... Then I agree.

skeepe

Immortal
Anyone else find it ironic that the countries with Democratic in their name are dictatorships?

I wish Fox had the rights to the opening ceremony, then I wouldn't have to watch any of 9's Olympics coverage.

Anyone else find it ironic that the countries with Democratic in their name are dictatorships?

I wish Fox had the rights to the opening ceremony, then I wouldn't have to watch any of 9's Olympics coverage.

My personal favourite country name was

'the former yugoslav republic of macedonia'. Can't they just go with 'Macedonia'.

IanG

Coach

Yeah it;'s what's known as an oxymornon

My personal favourite country name was

'the former yugoslav republic of macedonia'. Can't they just go with 'Macedonia'.

Normally they do but on occassions like this they refer to themselves by their full names. Like sometimes Australia is refered to as The Commonwealth Of Australia

I know they changed the rules to suit, but take Soccer for example, under 23s and a few marquis to get the crowd in, not these rich arrogant shits who refuse to stay in the Olympic village as they only stay in 5 start resorts.

When the Yanks used to field their amateur teams, they got shit on so they wanted the rules changed, same with their track and field team.

The Olympics were developed for amateur sports and I think we should be looking to retain as much of this as possible.

It was college kids against men FFS

DB

First Grade

They actually voted not to allow Professionals.... USA and I believe Russia voted against it.

I'm actually reading a book on the 92 Dream Team, the problem with the 'amateurs' was players in the NBA were seen as professional, making them ineligible. Players from European leagues were seen as Amateur, so they could play, even if they earned more in a season than some NBA players.

bileduct

Coach
This is disappointing shit. I had no idea either of these two f**kheads would be involved in the Foxtel coverage. And now there's the fat cricket genius. Jeeeesus christ, what crap.

docbrown

Coach
I expect a Victorianathon...it is who ch9 is...who else would pay $100s of millions for a sport to broadcast, yet promote another channels sport.

Victorians.

Tally of commentators comparing Olympic athletes to fumbleballers - 1

Jono078

Referee
So Steph Rice made the final, anyone know what time that'll be?

She did awesome in the heat, such a strong finish! Can't wait to see how she goes in the final.

Latest posts