What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spagnolo Back On the board?

Ratchy

Juniors
Yeah DA took two teams to Grand Finals. Up until 2010 every team he'd ever coached at any level had made the Finals. For sure he's hopeless and just got lucky.

And the club was in an awesome state too when he was sacked?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think you answered your own question
Way to single out one line of my post, care to add to anything else I have said???

Junior development under him was a disaster, and as Ratchy pointed out when he was sacked the club was in a bad way. As I said not all of it was his fault but he was the one who didn't rate Mateo and Inu which is fair enough but to let them go without replacements is just madness.

But this argument has been discussed to death over the last 3 years, hopefully we have stopped the rot and the club can move on to be up where we always should be.

Suitman

Post Whore
But this argument has been discussed to death over the last 3 years, hopefully we have stopped the rot and the club can move on to be up where we always should be.

With the events of recent days, sadly, I hardly think this is likely.

Suity

hineyrulz

Post Whore
With the events of recent days, sadly, I hardly think this is likely.

Suity
I truly hope you are wrong mate, but it looks like ego's and petty grudges will win out in the end. While us the fan are the ones who cop the shit.

Muttman

Juniors
Way to single out one line of my post, care to add to anything else I have said???

Junior development under him was a disaster, and as Ratchy pointed out when he was sacked the club was in a bad way. As I said not all of it was his fault but he was the one who didn't rate Mateo and Inu which is fair enough but to let them go without replacements is just madness.

I'm happy to agree to disagree on the merits of sacking DA. It's history now. I absolutely share your desire to have stopped the rot and move onwards and upwards from here. This club needs to heal.

HevyDevy

Coach
Think some of you posters who think Ando was the answer should talk to people in the club. He completely ignored the junior set up and recruitment and identification under both DA and Reddy was awful.

We now have the set up we need tp move forward,and to keep commenting on about DA shows you should be involved like Jimmy and even me in the junior league and attend junior league meetings, you might understand the issues and how they have improved.

The mood around the club is very good, and we don't need all the bleating about the board, we have what we have, Sharp is no genius but if he Can utilise Roy's abilities and contacts then we are in a good place.

FTR, DA was never given he freedom to take control of the club as a whole that he should have. His previous record working in junior footy under B.Smith and then as an up and coming coach should set that record straight.

However, I apologise for revisiting the DA. Wasn't my intent but I couldn't let PP's idiotic post go through to the keeper and that meant going back to the start in relation to the board.

The good news is that we've got Ricky now, who I absolutely believe is the right man for the job. I hope Ken Edwards is too. It's a shame Roy has weasled his way back in, but life goes on.

Bigfella

Coach
Lol. It was me not pp, but very flattered for the comparison ����������������

Ratchy

Juniors
Some people can't let it go eh Ratchy.

I usually ignore alot of posts but won't from someone whose view is slanted for obvious reason comes in for a free kick.

Noone can dispute the place was in a shambles when DA was let go.

Suitman

Post Whore
I usually ignore alot of posts but won't from someone whose view is slanted for obvious reason comes in for a free kick.

They still will though Ratchy. They still will.

Suity

Eels Dude

Coach

Some could say it was in shambles when he took over. And while its not up for debate, who is responsible is. The rot started at the top.

Ratchy

Juniors
Some could say it was in shambles when he took over. And while its not up for debate, who is responsible is. The rot started at the top.

The rot was long set in before 3P took over on the football side of things which wasn't hard to see by performances. DA was an abject failure like Hagan before and Kearney after him.