What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd3: Parra v Brisbane GAME DAY thread 28/5/20

Happy MEel

First Grade
On Matto, I'm not at all saying he's not good in the middle. But a guy with the skills he has, for mine and in the team we have, is way more useful on an edge. Look how often we go the edge forward... Much rather have Matto running off Moses hip than Niukore or, God forbid, Taka.
Yeah no argument there. But Niukore is a better attacking player than Brown IMO and we have other players that can cover the shortfall in workload that Brown provides. The extra 200-300k can go towards improving the likes of Terepo, Taka or Stone on the bench.

Glenneel

Bench
Couldn't believe how fit Parra seemed. No player looked fatigued throughout match. Great game and strangled donkeys out of game and best we've played in some time. Players in need of mentioning:
Paulo - strong, great offloads and played about 60 mins straight.
RCG - best game in many years. Thanks Penrith
MM - brilliant as usual
Dylbags - high involvement and all quality
Evans - Great off bench and lose nothing with him on replacing starting prop
Matto - see below
All players were strong, next week is start of run where we have about 4 hard games in row. We'll then see how good we really are.

Also believe Matto will be our best buy in some time but BA needs to change our structure to utilize his skills. Always poked his head thru line looking to offload ball but nobody in support until late in match with Blake. We need more of this for whole match and we'll score plenty more tries.

T.S Quint

Coach
Enjoyed this game. Stoked to get a good win. Our defence stood up well again. I’m going to reserve judgment on the new 6 again rule until I see a few more games.

strider

Post Whore
yeah i'd be keen to see how the 6 again thing pans out - but i don't have much faith in it

everyone is banging on about how it favoured us .... yes, in the first few minutes of the game, but I don't recall much after that ... I think we got 3 in the first 5 minutes then none (or one) the rest - and I reckon it was over zelous refereeing in those first few minutes - which is probably to be expected when refs have a new toy they don't know what to do with

but i think that first few minutes showed it has the potential to be lethal .... which I think will make refs reluctant to use it .... but that might be an ok thing cos they will instead just let the game go

Delboy

First Grade
How,painful is Kevin Walters commentating on a Broncos game. Coupled with Alexander's bias, it sounded like the Eels were lucky etc , Vossy is at least honest.

Walters never sees a Broncoos knock on or forward pass , but makes calls that the other side gets favoured. He is a knobhead when the Broncos are losing.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How,painful is Kevin Walters commentating on a Broncos game. Coupled with Alexander's bias, it sounded like the Eels were lucky etc , Vossy is at least honest.

Walters never sees a Broncoos knock on or forward pass , but makes calls that the other side gets favoured. He is a knobhead when the Broncos are losing.
The best was when Walters whined "Thats not fair" when Sivo scored. He's a shocking commentator at the best of times but absolutely painful when he calls Donkey's games. At least he went MIA the last 15 mins. Probably sobbing in a corner somewhere.

hindy111

Post Whore
Antonio's Staggs and Payne Haas are amazing talents.

Parra overall just far classier. It seemed like they where a few levels above Brisbane. Men against boys.

N.Brown leads the defense and aggression of the side. Had we lost tonight people would be saying if we had N.Brown.

Stone I want to see get a good run. I like the kid.

Alvaro won't play much NRL this year bar injuries. Stone,Terepo,Kafusi and possibly Gower are above him in pecking order. People saying he is needed for defense forget that Terepo and KE are quite good defenders as is Niakuore who will go back to the bench one N.Brown returns.

Mahoney was exceptional.

Soto

Bench

It is very cringeworthy...I've learnt to block his garbage biased commentary. Brandy just has this obvious dislike for parra. Would still much rather watch fox than 9 though. 9 is for SOO and the GF only...its time for them to relinquish the rights to 10 or 7..

Gazzamatta

Coach
A great spectacle. Wrestle at a minimum. Two massive past issues for our Eels have been fitness and defence. These look much improved.
International coverage will have thousands now Eels fans around the world.
Hass is an amazing talent but Junior was the man while on the field.
Drown will be a star. Gutho tireless. Lane and Matto were fantastic. Line speed excellent. Mahoney was amazing.
Wtf dosent Sivo go hard when he has space? Needs to remedy that as he did the same last season.
Loved the one reff.
Walters and Alexander are both knobs. Period.
Go you Mighty Eels.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Antonio's Staggs and Payne Haas are amazing talents.

Parra overall just far classier. It seemed like they where a few levels above Brisbane. Men against boys.

N.Brown leads the defense and aggression of the side. Had we lost tonight people would be saying if we had N.Brown.

Stone I want to see get a good run. I like the kid.

Alvaro won't play much NRL this year bar injuries. Stone,Terepo,Kafusi and possibly Gower are above him in pecking order. People saying he is needed for defense forget that Terepo and KE are quite good defenders as is Niakuore who will go back to the bench one N.Brown returns.

Mahoney was exceptional.
Alvaro isn't much use when we've got all the ball. Two games in a row we've had over 60% possession.

As for Payne Haas, I reckon he's already the best forward in the game. Taumalolo is a bit better in attack but Haas is a quality defender as well. Taumalolo is a liability without the ball.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I love seeing Brisbane get beaten after all those years of Bill Harrigan helping them through games. What was great was I don't think Parra really threw much at them they just completed and kept running at them. The backed it up with good defence against a nothing attack.
I consider the fact they scored 6 and didn't concede 60 an over achievement for Siebold

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Siebolds press conference was also hilarious, "New rules suck, wah wah waaaaaaaahhhhhhhh". There massively overhyped pack was totally outplayed, they were destroyed up the middle. With these new rules the bigger packs may struggle especially if they struggle to complete sets.

IFR33K

Coach
Travelling interstate on game day seems to be better option for the team. I’m sure our away record has improved since this started.