What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Bateman

ACTPanthers

Bench
DWZ not in the top half? Gtfo... you’re clueless. He’s easily better than 8 other starting fullbacks. Aekins, Roberts, Isaako, Kennedy, Doeuhi, Mitchell, Papenhuyzen, Charnze.. I’d take him over all of them.

Oh my... you should've stopped at Aekins to honest brother...

Generalzod

Immortal
English Test star John Bateman has told Canberra he will be on the move in 2021 as he weighs up whether to move to Canterbury or back home to his family and former club Wigan.

Bateman has a three-year offer on the table from the Bulldogs and a four-year deal from his old Super League outfit, with the contracts both understood to be worth around $2 million.

Bateman tells Raiders he won't be at club in 2021
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/06/30/bateman-tells-raiders-he-wont-be-at-club-in-2021/

Timbo

Staff member
We better get our transfer fee back.

And he can f**k off and do his rehab somewhere else as far as I'm concerned.

It worried the shit out of me when thought THREE DAYS BEFORE THE GRAND FINAL was the ideal time to go to the club and say he wasn't happy with his contract and he's now shown himself to be a man of Dugan-esque character.

Eat a bag of dicks John.

Wizardman

First Grade
An absolute dog move by him (don't take the soft option and solely blame his manager) to leave a contract by shitty means in the search for more cash. A big shame as he played a big part in the Raiders change of psyche last year.

nick87

Coach
Im gutted about him leaving
The moment he faked throwing the call in the face of a titan and laughed in his face when he flinched I was in love with the guy

Thanks for the memories John. And hopefully you can get back this year and help us make some more.
If not, so be it... 2019 was the most fun i've had supporting his team since i was 6 years old and he played a really big role in that.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good player. The raiders should’ve moved mountains to lock him up. This is on them, not him.

If he's considering Bulldogs for around $650k then you'd have thought it would be worth Canberra offloading someone to upgrade him. A rare attacking talent at second row is worth a lot.