What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QF1 Panthers vs Roosters

Exsilium

First Grade
Kiks wont be suspended for that tackle.

IIRC, it wasn't placed on report and unless the MRC deem it dangerous, it wont attract anything.

Could be wrong, I am drunk.

GongPanther

Referee

IIRC, it wasn't placed on report and unless the MRC deem it dangerous, it wont attract anything.

On Fox, Brandy & co concluded that a certain angle didn't look good, but a second camera angle will exonerate him.

Not that it’s a certainty, but the panel on Fox Sports discussed that tackle and said that the side-on angle looked bad but the close-up angle showed that JWH’s head was already close to the ground when the legs were lifted and that there’s a good chance that Kiks won’t be cited.

Fangs

Coach
How good was the set play for Mansour's try. We will miss Barrett big time

Big time.

Everyone at my place saw a ahort kick. Was blown away by the ball out the back. That left edge is unpredictable, not telegraphed like previous years. Loved watching it.

franklin2323

Immortal
Big time.

Everyone at my place saw a ahort kick. Was blown away by the ball out the back. That left edge is unpredictable, not telegraphed like previous years. Loved watching it.

We have the attack. Now to fix the dumb errors bad attempted tackles

maple_69

Bench
I was at the pub and fairly drunk throughout so unsure how accurate my assessment would be.

I think we came into this side without facing a real challenge for a long time and faced exactly that against the best team in recent times. We started with stage fright and then showed the class and poise to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

I’m keen to rewatch the last half hour to see how we let them back in.

Regardless I think we come out of this game battle hardened, healthy with a week off and ready for an Eels/Bunnies tune up before the big one.

betcats

Referee
I gotta admit the occasion got to us a little, we didn’t start well. It’s like they were so focused on it being just another game they had relaxed so much and forgot they actually to play the game. Then when we got to 28-10 we were silly with the carry on after the try. I don’t mind sticking up for team mates but they went on with it to much, no reason to give guys like Teddy extra motivation, you could there was to long left for them to be acting like the game was over. We gave away a dumb penalty and all of a sudden the roosters have 90 percent of the ball for the next 20 minutes.

betcats

Referee
I was at the pub and fairly drunk throughout so unsure how accurate my assessment would be.

I think we came into this side without facing a real challenge for a long time and faced exactly that against the best team in recent times. We started with stage fright and then showed the class and poise to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

I’m keen to rewatch the last half hour to see how we let them back in.

Regardless I think we come out of this game battle hardened, healthy with a week off and ready for an Eels/Bunnies tune up before the big one.

Gave away penalty then conceded soft try to teddy. Gave away another penalty and conceded a soft try from a kick that Too knocked backwards and Dyl couldn’t clean it up. That’s it really, we asserted ourselves again after that until Naden grabs that kick off.

WestyLife

First Grade
Real pleased with the win.

Penrith got less penalties 7-4, less 6 agains 2-1, and less possession 51-49.

I thought the scoreline flattered the chooks.

Week off to work on some things will be great.

We needed this. Most games we had more possession than the opposition so to beat the best team with less possession and penalties in a finals game is monumental.

The question everyone has been asking about this team stacking up in the big games has been answered.

Jane Murray

Bench
We needed this. Most games we had more possession than the opposition so to beat the best team with less possession and penalties in a finals game is monumental.

The question everyone has been asking about this team stacking up in the big games has been answered.

The thing that disappointed me was the reaction of Trent Robinson, and Boyd Cordner. Those two will not acknowledge that their team was defeated fair and square.

Panfa

Juniors
I thought roosters were man manged in the 2nd half by none orher than mr sutton.Game was over at 28-10 then mr sutton tried his best to make a game of it very similar to 2nd half against the raiders earlier in the yr.We definitely need to fix our right edge defence naden and t'oo is where teams are gonna target us now.

snickers007

Juniors
It was probably just a comment made when caught up in the emotion immediately after the game. I actually said the same thing when watching the game live, that was inexcusable for an NRL player.

Given the context of the game (time, score, finals etc) it was a poor play.

Here is the but: if he delayed his run by half a second, he scores untouched. It was a high risk, high reward play.

And to me that's how we've gotten to the dance in 2020. Playing what's in front of you, and taking your chances. Attacking the bouncing ball.

Fangs

Coach
Naden has always been a defensive liability. We are only noticing now because we are suddenly getting challenged by quality opposition. Great teams expose your weaknesses.

That was our best 17 last night. Wouldn't change a thing.

chrisD

Coach
Naden has always been a defensive liability. We are only noticing now because we are suddenly getting challenged by quality opposition. Great teams expose your weaknesses.

That was our best 17 last night. Wouldn't change a thing.
lol no. Centre is primarily a defensive position, you don't just make do with weak ones.