What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 - Titans vs Rabbitohs: Friday 23rd April 6pm @Cbus Super Stadium

Travitoh

First Grade
The 100 meter try was a direct result of him being caught out of position, and not making the tackle before the pass. Also his out of position-ness resulted in the GC being in a field position to score the other tries. C'mon man, you can't say he didn't have you worried when the ball was going his way, because everyone else, including the South's team was s#!++ing themselves.

2nd statement: very true, and well noticed. He is a shrinking violet against the big packs, with big opposing 2nd rowers like tonight, Melbourne, and even Brisbane. So how does that make him a "hitman"? Hitman my arrrrse

The entire defence was out of position. GC saw that and spread the early inside their own 20 as a result.

By no means is he a great defender, it is an area he can improve but his issues tonight were related more to the defensive unit than it was the individual in most cases. Defending in the backs is f**king difficult when your inside men aren't getting across.

IMO, there is too much importance placed on the defence of the players in the most difficult defensive positions.
The defence of an outside back is only as good as the game inside of him.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
IF....IF....IF...
Has he played a full season, ever?

I remember the last time he played he was so crap in defense he got hooked by Bennett and we haven't seen him since.

:joy::joy::joy: stop killing me :joy::joy::joy:

We haven't seen him because of his injuries not his ability.

The club obviously rated his 2019 season because they extended him for another 2 years. I think I'd take the coaching staff and clubs opinion over yours.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
The entire defence was out of position. GC saw that and spread the early inside their own 20 as a result.

By no means is he a great defender, it is an area he can improve but his issues tonight were related more to the defensive unit than it was the individual in most cases. Defending in the backs is f**king difficult when your inside men aren't getting across.

IMO, there is too much importance placed on the defence of the players in the most difficult defensive positions.
The defence of an outside back is only as good as the game inside of him.

You can tell this blokes never played a game of footy in his life. To blame Paulo for that try is ridiculous. Our defence compressed to try and keep them in their 20 and they took advantage of that.

callmack1

Staff member
Wow, what a game that was and what a win that was!!! Frantic stuff all game, end to end, very entertaining and a real game of two halves. Honestly, it feels so bloody good to collect our sixth win in a row in that fashion with a convincing comeback victory! Bloody awesome stuff.

The first half had be beside myself. We started really poor and didn't put in a good performance at all in the opening stanza. I, like many, was particularly filthy over our defence. We looked soft and it is perhaps the worst I've ever seen us defend, shoking stuff down that right edge, it really was. Despite scoring a couple of flashy tries, I thought that was up there with our worst half of Footy in a while.

However, to the boys credit, the second half was a completely different story thankfully. It was stark contrast to the first as the boys came out with a better defensive attitude. We just absolutely blitzed them in the space of about twenty minutes. Brilliant Footy played throughout that second half, champagne Rugby League as all our tries were scintilating. That sore us win the second half 30-6 and pick up a fantastic win in the end. An important one too.

So proud of the boys and well it wasn't the perfect performance, there's so much there to be happy about!! Well done lads!!

Dingo_dan

Juniors
You can tell this blokes never played a game of footy in his life. To blame Paulo for that try is ridiculous. Our defence compressed to try and keep them in their 20 and they took advantage of that.
Was about to say this.

For people who haven't played football.

When a team is coming of their own try line you compact the line. What this means is that if you've got the opposing team pinned on the left hand side, the whole team compacts In so the Right winger is almost in line with the Right Goal post. It's so you can jam up on the first few tackles. It's also so you almost dare the opposing team to try go around you as it's super risky. Titans took a huge risk on that play and it payed off for them. In no way was it Paulos fault.

Wow, what a game that was and what a win that was!!! Frantic stuff all game, end to end, very entertaining and a real game of two halves. Honestly, it feels so bloody good to collect our sixth win in a row in that fashion with a convincing comeback victory! Bloody awesome stuff.

The first half had be beside myself. We started really poor and didn't put in a good performance at all in the opening stanza. I, like many, was particularly filthy over our defence. We looked soft and it is perhaps the worst I've ever seen us defend, shoking stuff down that right edge, it really was. Despite scoring a couple of flashy tries, I thought that was up there with our worst half of Footy in a while.

However, to the boys credit, the second half was a completely different story thankfully. It was stark contrast to the first as the boys came out with a better defensive attitude. We just absolutely blitzed them in the space of about twenty minutes. Brilliant Footy played throughout that second half, champagne Rugby League as all our tries were scintilating. That sore us win the second half 30-6 and pick up a fantastic win in the end. An important one too.

So proud of the boys and well it wasn't the perfect performance, there's so much there to be happy about!! Well done lads!!

I’m just waiting for your personal player assessments.

After I get this, then I can tune into mainstream.

I said earlier in the week it wasn’t a free pass this one.

Another good gritty win, but wtf that fast half rampage and fifis 6 player romp-on? Corey Thompson treating you with contempt! Ouch!

A solid smack in the chops for the Titans in the end, but I don’t think the storm etc are going to let you come back.

Are you leading the comp yet?!

I thought the uniforms looked ok myself. Maybe new socks might have helped the aesthetics. Tangerine or something.

Mad Bunny

Juniors
The titans ran rampant every time they got near jaxson paulo and paulo seems to either run beside them making no attempt to tackle them and then gets left behind or looks at them as he runs around in circles.surely milne or moga or marsters can take his place next week ohhhh noooo but bennett likes this kid paulo is pathetic...pathetic paulo ile call him...

truthslayer

Juniors
The defense was terrible! Great comeback however two good plays to trap the player in goal and terrible defense lead to disaster. Liam Knight was shocking in defense he has to improve this part of his game.
There are a few others that need to improve also. Not sure what to make of sua but again was replaced. Benji was great, as was our machine Cameron Murray, Koala was put into holes and made the most of it, a great game by him. Some really dumb plays like the short kickoff, they need to put in the work and not look for cheap plays. I'm not sure what to make of Paulo and he does make one nervous. He did score a try and made a couple of decent carries. Really the tackling was woeful and I am sure Bennett will be working on this.

truthslayer

Juniors
The titans ran rampant every time they got near jaxson paulo and paulo seems to either run beside them making no attempt to tackle them and then gets left behind or looks at them as he runs around in circles.surely milne or moga or marsters can take his place next week ohhhh noooo but bennett likes this kid paulo is pathetic...pathetic paulo ile call him...
Liam Knight has been coaching him

handyman2190

Bench
Wayne Bennett was saying in the presser that he was going to debut Taafe tonight if he was fit but he wasn't ready.
Has to get special dispensation to use him and nrl is unlikely to approve it as there are reserve backs available,the other problem is souths havent listed any development players, and there should be some listed

handyman2190

Bench
If you think paulos defence is non existent you aint seen nothing yet,marsters is a lot worse,watching reserves is a joke

My wife organised a dinner out thinking we were 8pm game.

Kids refused to come, settling in to watch footy at 6. So sat at Thai with my phone tinkling.

At HT I trolled my son about the result and thought I might as well stay out and keep drinking the Shiraz and have sparkling conversation with the missus.

Get home close to full time and the kids are up me for ever doubting the result Lol.