What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 3 - Vs Roosters

Pauly1

Juniors
Sam Burgess had Dom Young agree to come to Souths this year.
Deal ripped up by this incompetent coach JD, probably after consulting with the players that are running the club Mitchell and Walker.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Sam Burgess had Dom Young agree to come to Souths this year.
Deal ripped up by this incompetent coach JD, probably after consulting with the players that are running the club Mitchell and Walker.

If JD made the decision i understand if he doesnt thing Dom fits our playstyle but if it was a decision that was made by the playing group then we have a problem. There opinion in recruitment and retention should have no real bearing.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Not surprised with the result, expected Easts to win… but not a humiliating loss.

We looked atrocious compared to the Manly & Donks games.

Totally out paced by Easts both in the pigs and out wide. Fitness looks dead set appalling.

Walker, do you care anymore?

The much vaunted kicking game of Hawkins left a lot to be desired, ditto his leading the team around the park. He’s reggies standard. Gray next week please, but you won’t, so Lachy for sure.

Jack Wighton was a big deflator, looked under done and played that way. He will get much better.

Skipper, you busted your arse again.

D-Day for JD on Good Friday.

We’ve played three top sides and lost, fair enough. Now we get a big drop down in class against the Dogs at home – can’t find an excuse for a loss.
Lachy isn’t the answer had a poor second half in Cup yesterday.

Rabbits20

Immortal
See the Dogs what commitment they played with today great effort and determination we have none of that. Then look at the Tigers tonight.

We are last and we deserve it. Don’t have high hopes for best Friday at all I’m not sure where our first win will come from. Back to the dark days. I’ve been so angry today, ashamed, appalled, embarrassed etc….. just so many emotions not good ones.

I will be out there next Friday and I’ll be meeting with Callmack so it will be good! Not confident we can win but I’ll be there for all the great times and the God damn ugly.

Thumper

Juniors
I think he used these in his example as they are so poor. Took a bit of licence.

But good question, JD he’s lost the plot, who should you be sounding out?

Id be looking at Morris. No favours and move fathead on.

Hastings, looking to move out from the knights, solid player ( 50% of renno though) a Lomax would help.
Backs are fine. Hastings is a cancer. We have enough of those.

handyman2190

Bench
Ive tried to stayed out of the current bagging of our team,obviously im very,very disappointed.
What i can see is that campbell, munro and jai are massive losses, underdone walker, cooky and whighton,due to injurys and suspension, has stiffled us,our spine is stuffed, its time for the coach to harden up and push cody to loose 5kg, his extended gut has slowed him down and tell him to stop trying to score at every touch.
Its time to sit latrell down and give him the cold hard facts.
Its time to go back to basics and stop trying to push passes and mistakes and since we are losing, drop whoever dosent listen,bring up jye drop walker, and moale and show the sulking players whos boss,instead of pissing in their pockets.
Either way we are stuck with demitriou after a 3 year extension so everyone stop whinning.
Either way i cant see us beating the dogs next week, so sit down ,beltup, and hangon,we be lucky to make the 12 this year, and thank recruitment and identifying talent,its non existent at our club for the last 7 years.

Steenson123

Juniors
You acn be
Ive tried to stayed out of the current bagging of our team,obviously im very,very disappointed.
What i can see is that campbell, munro and jai are massive losses, underdone walker, cooky and whighton,due to injurys and suspension, has stiffled us,our spine is stuffed, its time for the coach to harden up and push cody to loose 5kg, his extended gut has slowed him down and tell him to stop trying to score at every touch.
Its time to sit latrell down and give him the cold hard facts.
Its time to go back to basics and stop trying to push passes and mistakes and since we are losing, drop whoever dosent listen,bring up jye drop walker, and moale and show the sulking players whos boss,instead of pissing in their pockets.
Either way we are stuck with demitriou after a 3 year extension so everyone stop whinning.
Either way i cant see us beating the dogs next week, so sit down ,beltup, and hangon,we be lucky to make the 12 this year, and thank recruitment and identifying talent,its non existent at our club for the last 7 years.
You can say Demetriou is entrenched however lets see after a few more thrashings. The regime running this club cannot afford to continue down this track.
Rather than simply stick to a dead corps we should all be mentioning replacements because its only a matter of time. Humans do not enjoy constant losing and humiliation.
For the immediate term, I put forward names such as McGregor, Griffin, Taylor or Hornby if he is not too close to the players. Or even R. Carr he did an admirable job with a horrible situation @ Saints.
For the longer term its either Slater or Sam Burgess or perhaps Bennett [if interested] with his adjoint Sam B.
As stated Management need to get moving swiftly on this front. We all know how unattractive a wooden spoon club will be so Management best get off their rear and get change happening before its too late. The grave will become too deep.

Steenson123

Juniors
Would rather sign some props with some mongrel and fix up our terrible attitude in defence before we talk about halfbacks
The pathetic attitude all begins with The Coach.
He is a fraud. No leader of men and seems low on intelligence to boot.
I know when the Coach is toast, when a team has zero life. I saw it with Dallas under Jones and several times with SSFC.
Bennett sold us a lemon with Demetriou. Its up to us fans to constantly agitate for his dismissal and to put forward replacement names. Changing this player for that will do no good I saw that under Wade Phillips at Dallas when he started 1-7 and under Piggins here in 1990. Allowing Demetriou to continue will simply intensify the rot that has set in and take that much longer to recover from.

Thumper

Juniors
You acn be

You can say Demetriou is entrenched however lets see after a few more thrashings. The regime running this club cannot afford to continue down this track.
Rather than simply stick to a dead corps we should all be mentioning replacements because its only a matter of time. Humans do not enjoy constant losing and humiliation.
For the immediate term, I put forward names such as McGregor, Griffin, Taylor or Hornby if he is not too close to the players. Or even R. Carr he did an admirable job with a horrible situation @ Saints.
For the longer term its either Slater or Sam Burgess or perhaps Bennett [if interested] with his adjoint Sam B.
As stated Management need to get moving swiftly on this front. We all know how unattractive a wooden spoon club will be so Management best get off their rear and get change happening before it’s too late. The grave will become too deep.
Nothing like having a good laugh on a Sunday night. This post did it for men. McGregor and griffin was a chuckle. Taylor made me fall off my chair. You should be banned from every south’s forum. What have those 3 shown you to make you think they can coach first grade?

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
I took a bit of a break after Friday night but back now.

Not going to really comment or do my usual match report because if the boys can't be bothered, why should I?

It was really cool to be there, an amazing experience but honestly, that was one of the worst games I can remember. Just awful.

We're f**ked.

You acn be

As stated Management need to get moving swiftly on this front. We all know how unattractive a wooden spoon club will be so Management best get off their rear and get change happening before its too late. The grave will become too deep.

Here here well said bravo bravo common sense prevails please send a copy to Russell crowe and all the board members and silly solly.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
That Russell Crowe article is interesting if its true. Its interesting that Russell Crowe seems to think that things will just turn around because how does their attitude change in one week? I guess we face a lower quality side. Maybe the boys are just lacking in confidence because we havent won a proper game in ages.

Thumper

Juniors
That Russell Crowe article is interesting if its true. Its interesting that Russell Crowe seems to think that things will just turn around because how does their attitude change in one week? I guess we face a lower quality side. Maybe the boys are just lacking in confidence because we havent won a proper game in ages.
Maybe he has told them to run hard this week.
I’ve seen a lot of South’s teams over the years. Some poor rosters some poor coaches but I rarely saw signs that guys weren’t trying.
this team shows lack of effort. I can deal with losing if they show effort. But I can’t Cop losing when they play like that.

handyman2190

Bench
I took a bit of a break after Friday night but back now.

Not going to really comment or do my usual match report because if the boys can't be bothered, why should I?

It was really cool to be there, an amazing experience but honestly, that was one of the worst games I can remember. Just awful.

We're f**ked.
No callmack!!
Keep the faith brother,do your usual report, we are at rockbottom but we cannot just give up, there are many extenuating circumstances that have grouped together to bring on ,The perfect Storm, how we navigate and try to weather the storm is cruicial.
No doubting somethings not right, and perhaps we have reached a jackson hastings moment were we now need to blood jye gray and give walker a taste in reserves to lose weight and get his rythm back.
Will the coach have the balls? Who knows,but we must in all the criticism,keep the love and faith.
So brother just dont give up!!