What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

150 - 200 Dragons Fanatics head to Canberra

Red'n'White

Juniors
1 week to go fire up!!!!!!!!!!

Right with ya WB2SOS. Cant wait, been to only one other game this year, that was the Titans. Tough assignment in the capitol. C'mon DRAGONS. Oh when the saints, Go Marchin in. FIRE UP coz I know I am.

How many fanatics going by bus guys?

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
I heard Pete say that a definate 150! And the Major stated that 400 tickets were sold in the dragon section of the ground. Should be a good one

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Gunna be cold!! Weather man says fine and 16 max. By 7.30pm it will be brass monkey stuff with no cloud cover to keep a bit of warmth in. Be prepared!!

Big Norm

Pete and stel:

are you guys going to put up a list of who is actually going? just to be sure our payments went thru properly and that you;ve got enough tickets etc?

if not, send me a list and i can post it, or call me and give me the names or something

saint_girl

Juniors
I will be there for the match but making my own way with the hubby and 2 other people. Anyone know if the parking around Bruce Stadium is any good or if it would be better to get a bus from the city??

Looking forward to the game but not the freezing cold weather.

Steel Dragon

Bench
I will be there for the match but making my own way with the hubby and 2 other people. Anyone know if the parking around Bruce Stadium is any good or if it would be better to get a bus from the city??

Looking forward to the game but not the freezing cold weather.

Theres plenty of parking - costs about $5 i believe. Youre nuts if youre getting a bus in from the city. If youre thinking of having a drink or something beforehand and getting a ride in, there are several clubs which do a free supporters bus to and from the game.
I believe you have to get to the club earlyish and reserve a seat on the bus.

All that being said - dont quote me!

saint_girl

Juniors
Nah can't drink due to pregnancy :) so everyone has to have one for me :lol:
I might drive there. $5 is cheap as. Thanks for the info

SN0WMAN

Juniors
Two sets of parking the main front entrance one has been $5 for the past 10+ years - about a 5mins walk to the gates.

Believe there are courtesy busses from all the Tradies clubs - but may be wrong, or service may have ceased this year. Driving and parking best option if you're not on the Army bus.

Currently looking at 2 to 16 degrees, so looks like a mild night - maybe a little wind, doesn't seem to be any cold fronts due around then so shouldn't be too bad. This past weekend was dramatically worse which was -4 to 13 degrees, with snow hitting the NSW slopes.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
I don't park at the stadium, to much of a poo fight in and a poo fight out. If you're coming into Canberra from the north/Sydney, run down the main drag (Northbourne Ave) right into MacArthur cruise along and it leads into Fairfax, then drive to a big roundabout and turn right into Dryandra. About 200 - 300mts up Dryandra there's a walking track on the left. Park your car here, as fans in the know do, and walk along the sealed track to the stadium, you will pop out of the bush at the eastern side of the ground. The walk takes about 10-15min and takes you under a main road (Gungahlin??) via a tunnel. If I could post a WhereIs map I would. If it all fks up just go back to the big roundabout, turn right and keep heading west as stadium signs will lead you in.

Big Norm (not related to Burke and Wills)

Steel Dragon

Bench
Just a point guys,

Canberra Stadium is ALWAYS 5 degrees colder than the rest of Canberra because the wind howls through the place.

You can always try and park for free up near the CIT/Hospital and its a short walk down to the stadium. Have to get there mega-early though

Latest posts