What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

MugaB

Coach
Logan team is awesome
Too bad the halves would be on the punt or in jail from all their gambling debts, i used to catch corey norman and chris sandow at my local pub, throwing pineapples into the pokies at parra like they were going out of fashion...

MugaB

Coach
The Kumuls have never won a test series against GB or England.

Most recent result was England 46 PNG 6 in the RLWC last year.

PNG beat GB 28-10 in a one-off test in November 2019.

That game was two weeks after the joy of Tonga 16 Australia 12.
But they did beat GB... point is there has never been a series for them to play, so you cant say never, they played a test they won, 3 years later england responded

I honestly think It'll be Perth as team 18, NZ 2 and Brisbane 3 as 19 & 20 (in whichever order).. and PNG if it's ever going to happen would be jostling with the likes of Adelaide, NZ 3, Central Qld for teams 21 & 22.

I think Perth is probably the favourite, provided the business case and support from WA Gov is strong. As much as I want Brisbane 3, I think now is the right time for a Perth team.

We'll never get a better opportunity to expand into a non-traditional area. Perth is growing nicely and will add a lot to the NRL.

Wow the Logan dream team huh? Sounds like the St.george Dragons team of 55, that never were...
You know most of those are all retired, and are of different ages, and could never be able to play alongside each other.. we could put out a team of the century for Western Australia, and it wouldn't make it any more worthy than this list to be given a first grade licence
And Brian To'o & Suvia Turva are among the shortest wingers in the comp, and are punching above their weight, or moreso height... height means shit in RL, izack Tago is the same height and playing centre next to them. Again it doesn't matter
They are also in the team leading the comp if you haven't noticed

View attachment 78113

Take your medication. Please!

If the little mushy pea inside your thick skill still ain't gettin' it, I'll spell it or for you.

Logan has a long history of producing world class footballers. PNG does not.

You've been arguing ad nauseum that PNG will get the next team to grow the talent pool.

How do you plan on a PNG NRL team producing 20 or 30 NRL players within the next 5 years when it hasn't been able to produce 13 of them over the last 30 years?

You're the one who rants that Logan doesn't need a team in the Queensland Cup to produce NRL players.

If that's the case then why the f**k would PNG need an NRL team to produce players when it already has a Queensland Cup team -- financed by foreign aid -- that's only provided one in its ten year history?

Try putting together the best PNG XIII All-Time team. It'll struggle to compete against an NRL club.

If the 5'10" Brian To'o is your best example of height not being important then you're off your nut. You even admitted that most wingers are taller than 5'10"!

The average Australian is 5'9". The average Papuan is about 5'2".

Get a clue!

There's a reason why the rugby league obsessed PNG and its 17m provide f**k all talent to the NRL, whereas rugby 7s mad Fiji and its 1 million people produce plenty.

Now please, take your medication and shut the f**k up!

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Who says you need 13 halfbacks, who says an NRL team based in Cairns under a pasifika banner wont have a player like payne haas or glen lazerus from nsw, even jason talmololo and junior paulo from the tonga and samoa have said they'd be interested to join a pasifika style team

James fisher Harris grew up in northern NZ not penrith, villiame kikau is from fiji not bulldogs, lindsay collins is from cairns not bondi, an NRL team doesn't have to have every position filled with a local product

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Take your medication. Please!

If the little mushy pea inside your thick skill still ain't gettin' it, I'll spell it or for you.

Logan has a long history of producing world class footballers. PNG does not.

You've been arguing ad nauseum that PNG will get the next team to grow the talent pool.

How do you plan on a PNG NRL team producing 20 or 30 NRL players within the next 5 years when it hasn't been able to produce 13 of them over the last 30 years?

You're the one who rants that Logan doesn't need a team in the Queensland Cup to produce NRL players.

If that's the case then why the f**k would PNG need an NRL team to produce players when it already has a Queensland Cup team -- financed by foreign aid -- that's only provided one in its ten year history?

Try putting together the best PNG XIII All-Time team. It'll struggle to compete against an NRL club.

If the 5'10" Brian To'o is your best example of height not being important then you're off your nut. You even admitted that most wingers are taller than 5'10"!

The average Australian is 5'9". The average Papuan is about 5'2".

Get a clue!

There's a reason why the rugby league obsessed PNG and its 17m provide f**k all talent to the NRL, whereas rugby 7s mad Fiji and it's 1 million people produce plenty.

Now please, take your medication and shut the f**k up!
images.jpeg-141.jpg
Logan Potato Counting Hick at it again

I never said all players have to be over 6'0". Half-backs and five-eights can he 5'5" provided they're behind a big pack. How many dominant forward packs have an average height of 5'2"?

Last edited:

Latest posts