What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test - Australia v India at Melbourne Dec 26-30, 2011

roofromoz

First Grade
India appealed and the umpire made the mistake? I don't know how that means they cheated.

I agree, it doesn't. I'm going to sound a bit like Tubby Taylor here, but the role of DRS is to weed out the absolute howlers - Hussey and Cowan probably would have stayed, and Haddin probably would have gone if it was in. The umpires are only human and are prone to make mistakes. The technology is not 100% fool proof, granted, but it prevents days like today where we're talking about the dismissals and not so much about Cowan's fantastic debut.

All that said above, if the Indians receive 2 or more similar decisions in this test, or in Sydney or wherever, what odds that they're going to quickly change their tune.

The DRS should be mandatory for any ICC endorsed fixture that receives television coverage, and just be done with it.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Is it just me or has Clarke been out chopping on quite a bit lately? Probably already been brought up but yeah.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Oh, OK well lets definitely not stand up to them.

How about we fix all the matches so they win all the time to keep them happy?

Wanker.
You make it sound like war.

The decisions sucked. That's it. Beyond that, even a wanker deserves to hold an opinion.

Moffo

Referee
How the f**k do we plan to get 10 wickets tomorrow? It isn't going to be pretty unless someone goes nuts. We need cummins and Harris back asap

lockyno1

Post Whore
Is it just me or has Clarke been out chopping on quite a bit lately? Probably already been brought up but yeah.

Yes, but was very unlucky in my view this time, played it on, the ball did a bit, that is cricket.

As for the game, if we somehow manage to scrape 370, I would say it is a 50/50 game. We must bowl full though, no meat pie bouncers like India did!

JJ

Immortal
2 decisions that would almost certainly been reversed by the DRS went against Australia... one decision that almost certainly would have been reversed by the DRS went against India...

Great theatre, enthralling day's test cricket, not really sure what the pages of whinging are about...

I'd prefer to use it, but the Indians have a point - just go back to the recent Aus-NZ series where there were some interesting DRS decisions, and the Ryder one was plain wrong

roofromoz

First Grade
http://www.facebook.com/#!/Cricinfo/posts/10150440512092555

If you filter out the kangaroo and curry comments as well karma for what happened in Sydney 4 years ago, there appears to be a small handful of thoughtful comments.

However I loled at one Indian who seemed to repeatedly argue that the reason why us Australians are in no position to say there should be DRS is because Simon Taufel apparently lodged a report with the ICC stating concerns he had with the technology. :roll:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
very small amount, shame they all failed basic grammar

its very difficult to understand what point some of them are trying to make

JJ

Immortal
very small amount, shame they all failed basic grammar

its very difficult to understand what point some of them are trying to make

The same is true of much of what's here... it's not a great look...

as above, as an outsider who likes some players on both teams but likes neither team, this was a pretty good day's test cricket...

Yadav looks promising, Cowan was great, and Ponting while a shadow of his former self looked good at times...

I wonder about Warner... he still needs to tighten up a little... Zaheer had one good spell but clearly isn't right, Ishant is a myth... Siddle's a handy cricketer, we'll see how he goes with his real responsibility...

Hussey should be dropped, even if that was unlucky... as I have posted elsewhere in a team that's rebuilding why would you have an overrated 36 year old former opener taking the number 6 spot... surely that's the place that Christian, Smith, Khawaja, Watson or whoever else should be in??? (Watson at 4 or 5, actually, with others sliding down)

_goParra

Juniors
Well despite all the hooha about DRS I thought it was an excellent days cricket. Both teams had their moments... Can't wait for day 2

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
Australian players, former coaches and even Indian players have called for the DRS. Yadav said he was bemused why BCCI didn't use it, then quickly an Indian official tapped him on the shoulder lol.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
As soon as they work out how to make an effigy of hawkeye, snicko and hot spot, they will accept DRS.

Need to blame/burn something.

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
As soon as they work out how to make an effigy of hawkeye, snicko and hot spot, they will accept DRS.

Need to blame/burn something.

Well fmd, there's enough Indians at Uni's across Australia studying engineering. Surely one of them will come up with a better system, no?

aussies1st

Staff member
2 decisions that would almost certainly been reversed by the DRS went against Australia... one decision that almost certainly would have been reversed by the DRS went against India...

Great theatre, enthralling day's test cricket, not really sure what the pages of whinging are about...

I'd prefer to use it, but the Indians have a point - just go back to the recent Aus-NZ series where there were some interesting DRS decisions, and the Ryder one was plain wrong

The Ryder one was more through the judgement of the umpire than technology. The ball tracking/camera alignments has shown some interesting calls but if we use it with the judgement of the umpire (need to find competent umpires that can use replays/technology) then this problem should be avoided.

Latest posts