What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test - Australia v India at Melbourne Dec 26-30, 2011

Hallatia

Referee
Marais Erasmus and Ian Gould will be field umpires for the first Australia v India Test at Melbourne. Ranjan Madugalle will be match-referee

Hallatia

Referee
I would like to the ICC grow some balls on the DRS matter, they were going to make a revised version of DRS mandatory for everyone from October (the one that just past), but then they back flipped on that when India decided that it didn't even trust hot spot. What I want to see the ICC do is tell India that they have the right not to use DRS, but they cannot stop others from using it, so if they don't want to use it that's their problem, but their opposition can if they want too. I think it would be fair too, because India would be entitled to use it but just forfeiting their right to do so. I know hotspot technology is costly, but if it's all sponsored it shouldn't matter

Jobdog

Live Update Team
This whole "we're not going to use the DRS" system India have adopted is one of many reasons why I have no time for the merkins. Sure, I enjoy watching Tendulkar and Sehwag, but the philosophy the BCCI have that they're better than everyone really grinds my gears.

Like Hala, I agree that if the Indians don't want to use the DRS that's their perogative, but just because they're not using it, it shouldn't disadvantage their opponents. The sooner the ICC stand up to the BCCI and tell them exactly how it is, the better off the game will be.

Hallatia

Referee
In the very first test series in which India used UDRS, they were playing Sri Lanka who used it very well and got something like 16 decisions overturned, whilst India were really bad at it and were wrong with something like 7 out of 8 reviews. Not certain of those figures but they were something ridiculous like that

yappy

Bench
Just so keen for Sachin to cop the first dodgy lb off a big inside edge, and Warner to get given not out off a fine edge before going on to slam 150.

_goParra

Juniors
How's the forecast for Melbourne looking?

bom said:
Monday 26 December
Min 17 Max 23
Possible morning shower.

Tuesday 27 December
Min 13 Max 24
Possible shower developing.

Wednesday 28 December
Min 13 Max 22
Partly cloudy.

Thursday 29 December
Min 11 Max 28
Sunny.

First 3 days seem pretty average. Should be good for bowling... :)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
In the very first test series in which India used UDRS, they were playing Sri Lanka who used it very well and got something like 16 decisions overturned, whilst India were really bad at it and were wrong with something like 7 out of 8 reviews. Not certain of those figures but they were something ridiculous like that

iifc Ganguly wanted everything reviewed, especially when he was batting

he wasted alot of reviews on himself and left the rest of the team short

BunniesMan

Immortal
FMD. Now he's not even hitting well in the nets:
The former captain's work ethic remains hard to fault but he failed to impress in the nets yesterday. Left-armer Mitchell Starc breached Ponting's defences, and moments later, in a sense of deja vu, thundered a full-pitched delivery into his pads.
Ponting later took throwdowns from batting coach and former teammate Justin Langer during which he drove uppishly on several occasions.

The Joker

Juniors
hahaha driving throwdowns uppishly....... I'm sure I also saw Ponting miss a ball bowled from a kid in a PR fan day thing in the news today. Surely someone else saw this? I think it was on channel 7

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hitting throwdowns well of Langer is all Ponting needs to show the selectors he is ready for the Boxing Day test. He doesn't even have to hit them well in the nets anymore.

Latest posts