What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v West Indies @ Adelaide Oval Jan 17-19, 2024

mozza91

Coach
I'd say we're on different pages, but I don't think you've ever opened a book ..Smith will fill his boots against weak west indies. Won't be solution to opening spot after that point..
And a plodder like Harris is? Interesting take.

TheParraboy

Staff member
WI playing a 3 day tour match v CA XI

WI 8/251 90 overs

Harry Conway opened the bowling for CA XI

The rest of the fearsome attack included
Jack Nisbet (3)
Liam Haskett (4)
Liam Scott (17) ave 46.17 per wicket
Doug Warren (2)

In the brackets is the number of FC games played

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I guess no bloke wants to not play with 4 tests to go, before they all age 10 months.

You don't give away beggy green's, they deserve thier spots, but geez I would love to see a young quick and Leggie given a crack.

But I get it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Those rankings mean SFA, Haze is back into the top 10 after bowling solid after missing almost two years. Sure Smith is going through a bit of a patch as @Bazal pointed out he has still averaged 49 the last two years in test. As good as Kane is I’d back Smith every time in the test format power Wankings or no power wankings.

bazza

Immortal
Gives us a raft of options over in NZ. Both all rounders should do well with the ball over there.

Still have Head's off-spin in the team as well.
Marsh offers something slightly different with the ball - was getting a bit of swing in England. Just seems to be limited to around 5 overs per innings. Green seems potentially a strike bowler - just doesn't seem to get wickets

Pippen94

First Grade

WI 8/251 90 overs

Jack Nisbet (3)
Liam Haskett (4)
Doug Warren (2)

Promising

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I don't consider Marsh a bowler, just a batsman (who averages 30 odd) who can bowl the odd over.

Green has allrounder potential but I see him going down the same batsman who can bowl a bit path.

bazza

Immortal

WI 8/251 90 overs

Jack Nisbet (3)
Liam Haskett (4)
Doug Warren (2)

they did well to get in 90 overs for the day