What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 album of the year

50cent is the most garbage rapper, wait 2nd most behind ja fool, g-unit are absolute trash!!

my fave albums of the year

1. Sheek Louch - AFTER TAXES
2. royce da 5'9 - independent's day
3. Ol Dirty Bastard - Osirus Mixtape - straight dopeness that brings a tear to the eye RIP

Eelementary

Post Whore
That's your opinion.

I and many others like Fiddy.

I don't like him lyrically, but his beats are always good IMO.

Sean7

Juniors
Sieges Even - The Art Of Navigating By The Stars
Frameshift - An Absence Of Empathy
Tak Matsumoto Group - TMG, Vol 1
Steve Walsh - Shadowman

Biggest let-down:

Dream Theater - Octavarium

gaterooze

Bench
Sean7 said:

Wow, Sieges have a new album? I thought they broke up 10 years ago. _Sophisticated_ was awesome, I'd better check this one out.

HevyDevy

Coach
Sean7 said:
Frameshift - An Absence Of Empathy
Tak Matsumoto Group - TMG, Vol 1
Steve Walsh - Shadowman

Biggest let-down:

Dream Theater - Octavarium

I've had so many new albums I've been trying to listen to that I haven't even had a chance to listen to Octavarium. But I must say the past few albums have lacked what made Dream Theater so good earlier on. Metropolis Pt II was their last great album.

I don't like him lyrically, but his beats are always good IMO.

Every beat sounds exactly the same. Lyrically he is the first rapper ever. Flow wise hes the worst ever. Prescence wise, hes the worst ever. Beat wise, he's average.

Word Kripnotik, ODB's mixtape was dope, its a shame to see him go tho. Cant wait for that new Big L/DJ Premier isht next year.

Phillips

Referee
Rammtein - Rosenrot

System of a Down - Mezmerize
Mudvayne - Lost and Found
Ill Nino - One Nation Underground
Bobaflex - Apologize for Northing
Disturbed - 10 thousand Fists
Demon Hunter - The Triptych
(hed) pe - Only In Amerika

Eelementary

Post Whore
Then what do you want, hrundi?

I was merely pointing out that there is some great music out there these days.

I myself thought that the Goo Goo Dolls and Sevendust would never be surpassed in my opinion as my fave bands.

And yet the other day I heard Japunga and Roadrunner United and I haven't looked back.

As for 50 Cent....All his stuff sounds the same?

"Disco Inferno", "Just A Lil' Bit", "God Gave Me Style" and "Hustla's Ambition" all sound different.

He may not be the best - personally, metal is my music of choice.

But I love going to a club and hearing Fiddy on the stereo, or some good R'n'B or whatever.

And that's my opinion. Obviously yours is different, which is cool.

But IMO 50 Cent is not the worst hip hop act around - how about ANY of the Australian acts? They suck badly.

Sean7

Juniors
gaterooze said:
Wow, Sieges have a new album? I thought they broke up 10 years ago. _Sophisticated_ was awesome, I'd better check this one out.

I haven't heard their other albums. I'd read that they were compared to Watchtower at one stage, but the new album is nothing like that. The tracks are fairly long, the vocals are amazing, the production is perfect, there is not a single flat spot in any song, every song is just so incredibly well developed and I can't stop listening to it. It's a prog-rock masterpiece.

Sean7

Juniors
HevyDevy said:
I've had so many new albums I've been trying to listen to that I haven't even had a chance to listen to Octavarium. But I must say the past few albums have lacked what made Dream Theater so good earlier on. Metropolis Pt II was their last great album.

Well, for your information, Octavarium contains a Muse rip-off, a generic U2 style pop-rocker, a 24 minute prog by numbers epic, a generic soft verse - heavy chorus number (one of their worst ever, entitled "These Walls"), a typical (by now) DT track about the war which is the usual verse-chorus-verse-chorus-5 minute intstrumental section type thing they've done so many times, a solid metal opener, a solid heavy-prog number and generic ballad. Basically, DT are in a hole and they need to dig themselves out before I get excited again.

i got DJ Muggs vs GZA/Genius - Grandmasters and that now is my #1 album of the year, i never thought a cypress hill/wu-tang collab would work but these 2 (and a few wu/wu killa beez) pull this off somtin dope! i hoped for some B-Real and Sen Dog's only cut is 30seconds in spanish

doesnt dr dre *cough mel man cough* and eminem produce most of 50s sh-t?

ThrashViking

Juniors
Best CD: Nile - Annhilation Of The Wicked -Still prefer In Their Darkened Shrines but this just slays. A must have for fans of death metal.
Best DVD: ACDC - Family Jewels -Early X Mas present, watched it today & easily matches Iron Maidens Visions Of The Beast.

As far as my type of music goes it has been pretty good. With disturbed, sevendust, fear factory, soulfly, mudvayne, japunga and system of a down releasing new albums I could mention korn but the new album is kind of lame.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Chicken_Hunter said:
As far as my type of music goes it has been pretty good. With disturbed, sevendust, fear factory, soulfly, mudvayne, japunga and system of a down releasing new albums I could mention korn but the new album is kind of lame.

Those are some kick-ass bands!

Korn excepted...Man they suck these days...

And c_eagle...'99%' of us are 'ghey'....So what genre of music are you into?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Have you heard their new album? It's pretty good.

Anyway, people have different tastes. All my mates hate Stone Sour and Japunga, but they're two of my favourite bands.

Bazal

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
Anyway, people have different tastes..

Exactly, but there's always the poseur "cool" brigade sacks who pay out on others tastes just because they like stuff none of us have heard of/care about....personally I say if someone likes it, what right does someone else have to comment? What they listen to is probably seen as crap by someone else, so whats the point?

Eelementary

Post Whore
I know!

I'd never heard Stone Sour before - mainly because my mates, who have very similar tastes to me, decided they sucked.

I heard Stone Sour's "Bother" on Channel [V] a few months back, and I bought one of their albums. Been hooker ever since!

Also, whileI prefer metal and rock in general, I don't mind rap and hip-hop - I'm going to 50 Cent, G-Unit and Lil' Jon's concert in February and I reckon it will kick arse!