What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight87

Juniors
Considering Souths are playing the Gold Coast there on Monday Night in a few weeks time, if Souths don't get their act together, the crowd will be less than 9,289 at that game.

Knight87

Juniors
LOL! Apparently, the Triple M commentary team said that the 9,289 figure is slightly inflated. There looked more like 7,000 ppl there tonight.

Anyways, here are the average home crowd attendances (in order) for each team, after 11 rounds:

Brisbane - 35,861
Gold Coast - 23,095
North Queensland - 20,312
Newcastle - 19,680
Bulldogs - 18,477
Parramatta - 16,685
South Sydney - 16,560
Wests Tigers - 15,580
Cronulla - 14,841
Sydney Roosters - 13,820
Melbourne - 13,778
Canberra - 13,326
St George/Illawarra - 13,191
Manly - 12,776
Penrith - 12,688
New Zealand Warriors - 12,392

Your thoughts and analysis on these figures, as we're about to approach the halfway mark of the season?

JW

Coach
The crowds are always terrible during mid-season, but that list of averages doesn't look too bad at this stage and as far I know we're still on track for a record season, assuming the usual pick up occurs towards the end of the year. Not one club below 10K, infact 12K, is very encouraging. Infact i'm sure its never happened before, even only half way into the season.

quite happy with those crowd averages.

the cowboys crowds given their form is amazing, same as souths as well.

the rest of them arent too bad either.

clearly the sydney clubs need more work but its getting there.

if the smaller sydney clubs can get 20,000 and the bigger ones 30,000 or more, ill be very happy.

and that is very achieveable.

mattyg

Bench
And the Dogs fans on here have the nerve to mock the Roosters crowds:lol:

we haven't drawn 6k at one of the best stadiums in the country for rugby league...in fact you'd have to go back probably to the early 2000's to find a time where we have drawn 6k to a game...

we haven't drawn 6k at one of the best stadiums in the country for rugby league...in fact you'd have to go back probably to the early 2000's to find a time where we have drawn 6k to a game...

You have been in good form since then too. Let's see what happens, crowd wise, if your year continues the way it's going at the moment.

Brutus

Referee
What's the chance of a 20k plus crowd for Monday night footy next round?

It's about time we got a decent roll up on a Monday night and I'd be disappointed if the Roosters and Tigers couldn't crack 20k. They should be doing everything known to man to ensure the people get to this match. It's been done before - who can ever forget the Roosters' MNF crowds in 96 with the aid of a few Maccas freebies?

Cheezel

Juniors

It's about time we got a decent roll up on a Monday night and I'd be disappointed if the Roosters and Tigers couldn't crack 20k. They should be doing everything known to man to ensure the people get to this match. It's been done before - who can ever forget the Roosters' MNF crowds in 96 with the aid of a few Maccas freebies?

The game should be huge!!!!

I will be there and have about 9 mates going along as well. Sydney have not played at the SFS for a few weeks. The Tigers just knocked over the Titans. It should be a huge game hopefully Tiger fans get to the game!

Around 15k for the two Foundation Cup trials held so far. Both teams going well, so why not 20k. Let's hope the weather holds. I'm going regardless.

Cheezel

Juniors
Around 15k for the two Foundation Cup trials held so far. Both teams going well, so why not 20k. Let's hope the weather holds. I'm going regardless.

Kids under 16 get in free with an adult as well. Good to see the chooks trying to do the right thing and get more people to the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.