What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

yobbo84

Coach
So, after 12 rounds, the average home crowd per team is:

Brisbane - 33,801
Gold Coast Titans - 23,095
North Queensland - 19,685
Newcastle - 18,981
Bulldogs - 18,477
Parramatta - 16,685
Souths - 15,963
Wests Tigers - 15,580
Sydney Roosters - 14,096
Melbourne - 13,524
Canberra - 13,285
St George Illawarra - 13,191
Cronulla - 13,185
Manly - 12,776
Penrith - 12,688
New Zealand - 12,392

Source

Perth Red

Post Whore
Visited Cronulla for the first time this weekend. Great fans, very friendly but what a dump of a ground. Seriously I can see why their crowds are as they are.

Brycey

Juniors
Newcastle - getting back to good performances should push the average over 20k this year
Broncos - hopefully come out of Origin okay and push to 35k average
Titans - have a few big games coming up (esp v Storm) should be able to push near 25k
Cowboys - how loyal are the supporters? hopefully can keep their usual above 20k average in check come end of year

Canberra, Melbourne, NZ - hopefully for Canberra and NZ better performances...NZ can really draw crowds when theyre going good. Melbourne need their new stadium badly to capitalise on their present success.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I heard they spent $9mill on that end stand. Is that right? If so 9mill doesn't buy you a lot these days! In all honsetly they need another 3 stands, the two main stands are too small, too far away and don't protect from the elements and the other end is a grass hill (great for rainy days!), hats off to them, getting corporate support in that ground is a major acheivement.

yakstorm

First Grade
The 9.6 Million went towards:

• [FONT=Verdana,Arial,sans-serif]Creation of the new southern grandstand[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,sans-serif]Upgrade the ET stand with new change room facilities, lift, disabled toilets, new compliant balustrades and media facilities[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,sans-serif]Upgrade of all existing corporate facilities
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,sans-serif]Create new safer patron entry plazas[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,sans-serif]Upgrade accessibility for disabled patrons[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,sans-serif]Upgrade public areas to reduce flood hazards[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,sans-serif]Install new power infrastructure and additional sports lights[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,sans-serif]Improve the multi-functionality of the stadium[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,sans-serif]Improve the playing surface[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,sans-serif]Creation of a new television studio for Nine/Fox[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,sans-serif]New ticketing offices and turnstiles
    [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,sans-serif]Partially fund the proposed Sutherland Shire Centre of Football Excellence[/FONT]
So it was more than just a new grandstand.

BWNB

First Grade
Visited Cronulla for the first time this weekend. Great fans, very friendly but what a dump of a ground. Seriously I can see why their crowds are as they are.

Lucky you didnt go on a Sat night, i reckon about 20% of the fans that go there then are teens just chilling at the hill, they wouldnt be able to tell you the result if asked

pcpp

Juniors
Crowd in Wollongong: 11,432

Didn't I read in Fox Sports that they were hoping for a Sellout? If so, thats extremely dissappointing considering it wasn't even close.

Also, NZ v Souths: 13,112

Great crowd considering it was against the cellar dwellers.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Didn't I read in Fox Sports that they were hoping for a Sellout? If so, thats extremely dissappointing considering it wasn't even close.
The Wollongong crowd figure originally came from News Ltd so I assume its correct. I agree, not a good turn out.

yakstorm

First Grade
Only 13K at Mt Smart? That is surprising, the crowd looked a lot bigger, the main grandstand was pretty packed on the lower level and the top looked at least three-quarters full...

The end wasn't too bad either... I've since a lot smaller crowds at Mt Smart named 12K

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
A third of that next time, especially if we're going to get treated to that kind of performance again.

nqboy

First Grade
The northern stand at Mt Smart loks like it is being re-developed and those people were probably in the eastern stand, making it look more than it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.