What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
13,842 @ Brookvale. Top left corner of the hill (from broadcast view) was a bit bare.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
11,432 @ WIN
13,112 @ Mt Smart
9,565 @ ANZ
10,195 @ Parramatta
10,488 @ Campbelltown
10,543 @ CUA
13,842 @ Brookvale

Total so far 79,177
Average 11,311

Doing better than the corresponding time last year, averages around 8 and 10k in Rounds 13 and 14. With hopefully a 20k turnout to boost the round tomorrow, we're actually in a pretty good position, despite an ordinary round.

mark123

Juniors
weather keeps heaps of people away from pathetic grounds

come on, little more than 10k at each game.

pathetic.

what kind of atmosphere can be generated with 10k at a game? little.

no wonder people stay clear of rl games in sydney....

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good job it didn't start raining before the game or it would have been even lower. When you suggest 13,000 is a good crowd you know that RL in Sydney really isn't going anywhere fast! Sorry but if a top of the table clash can't get 20,000 to it then it is not a good crowd! Was a good example of why run down grounds will continue to hold the game back

mrbishi

Juniors
weather keeps heaps of people away from pathetic grounds

come on, little more than 10k at each game.

pathetic.

what kind of atmosphere can be generated with 10k at a game? little.

no wonder people stay clear of rl games in sydney....

call me old fashioned, call me whatever you want, but i know id rather go watch the footy with 10,000 other people at a "dump like brookie" than 10, hell even 20K at a modern day ground.

bobmar28

Bench
call me old fashioned, call me whatever you want, but i know id rather go watch the footy with 10,000 other people at a "dump like brookie" than 10, hell even 20K at a modern day ground.
You'd rather watch a game at Brookie than Skilled Stadium, Gold Coast?

Last edited:

mrbishi

Juniors
well since im a manly fan id have to say yes. Sure it would be great to have a spare $100+ million to build a stadium like that....

part of the magic of going to brookie is sitting back on the hill watching a good game of footy with friends, and its even better when its jam packed.

Brutus

Referee
Good job it didn't start raining before the game or it would have been even lower. When you suggest 13,000 is a good crowd you know that RL in Sydney really isn't going anywhere fast! Sorry but if a top of the table clash can't get 20,000 to it then it is not a good crowd! Was a good example of why run down grounds will continue to hold the game back

Agree

Chook Norris

First Grade

fine i'll rephrase it then

good crowd for a place like brookie

the last time brookie got over 20k was against souffs in the finals
and that was jam packed

Perth Red

Post Whore
Whilst you might enjoy the grass hills it would seem plenty don't. If Brookie was drawing 20,000 (which is a more realistic figure if clubs are to financially survive on gates and memberships) then fine, the people of Manly would be sending a clear message that they like watching RL in an old fashioned ground. As it is they aren't whilst clubs that are playing in modern RL stadiums (not ANZ which I do not class as a good RL stadium) are drawing bigger and bigger crowds it would seem there is enough evidence to suggest that clubs need to find a way to get a decent stadium to play out of or face the realities of a bleak future.

ledzep

Bench
Whilst you might enjoy the grass hills it would seem plenty don't. If Brookie was drawing 20,000 (which is a more realistic figure if clubs are to financially survive on gates and memberships) then fine, the people of Manly would be sending a clear message that they like watching RL in an old fashioned ground. As it is they aren't whilst clubs that are playing in modern RL stadiums (not ANZ which I do not class as a good RL stadium) are drawing bigger and bigger crowds it would seem there is enough evidence to suggest that clubs need to find a way to get a decent stadium to play out of or face the realities of a bleak future.
I live 15 minutes away from Manly and go to as many rugby league games as a I possibly can, but I refuse to go to matches at Brookvale Oval
It's simply terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts