What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
criminal that what should have been a show piece game for the NRl turned into a dour affair in anything less than a packed stadium. They def have to make SOO a stand alone weekend

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
They def have to make SOO a stand alone weekend

It's just not that simple mate... it was diabolical and boring in 2001. Split rounds are the way to go, and NO ineligibility. Players can opt out if they wish. JMO though.

eels_fan_01

Bench
It's just not that simple mate... it was diabolical and boring in 2001. Split rounds are the way to go, and NO ineligibility. Players can opt out if they wish. JMO though.

Although everyone is calling for it now i do remember alot of people agaisnt it at the time in 2001, like AFL has a free run in NSW and QLD that weekend and you had to wait till Sunday night to watch any league.

Its not prefect my suggestion but its the best i can come up with, with the top 8 teams with the most stars in origin this year are given their two byes next year before origin. Than you would have Souths, Bulldogs, Eels etc playing in a weekend that would see 8 teams playing, 4 games in the week, one game every day Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon.

Timmah

Staff member
However it was arranged in 2007 seemed to work fine, I don't remember too many complaints...

flamin

Juniors
[QUOTE = Timmah]Round 13 - June 6-9
NZW v SOU - 13,129 @ MSS
STG v BRI - 11,432 @ WIN
BUL v NWC - 9,565 @ ANZ
PAR v CAN - 10,195 @ Parramatta
WES v NQL - 10,488 @ Campbelltown
PEN v CRO - 10,543 @ CUA
MAN v SYD - 13,842 @ Brookvale
GCO v MEL - 19,409 @ Skilled
Total: 98,603
Avg: 12,325 (8 matches)
2007 - Total 52,744 Avg 8,790 (6 matches)
2006 - Total 74,112 Avg 10,587 (7 matches)
2005 - Total 122,089 Avg 17,441 (7 matches)
BELOW TOTALS DO NOT INCLUDE REP MATCHES

Season

TOTAL 1,542,693
AVERAGE 16,411 (94 matches @ 7.23 match/rnd)
After 13 rounds in 2007 - Total 1,581,399 Avg 16,137 (98mts @ 7.54m/rnd)
After 13 rounds in 2006 - Total 1,432,298 Avg 15,914 (90mts @ 6.92m/rnd)
After 13 rounds in 2005 - Total 1,514,089 Avg 16,823 (90mts @ 6.92m/rnd)

just extending a cheers for your efforts in this thread, appreciated.[/quote]
I would also like to extend my thanks.

Now we've fallen behind ouy 2005 average. How the hell did 2005 get a 17.5 round average this time of year?!

Timmah

Staff member
Round 13, 2005

Sydney Roosters v Manly @ S.F.S 19,787
Bulldogs v Souths @ Showground 8,911
St George Illawarra v New Zealand @ WIN 14,479
North Queensland v Cronulla @ DFS 20,843
Penrith v Parramatta @ CUA 18,519
Wests Tigers v Melbourne @ Leichhardt 17,127
Newcastle v Brisbane @ EAS 22,423
Canberra Bye

Teddyboy

First Grade
Mate, you know nothing about my club, my city and the dynamics of either. Stfu.

I know that 32000 went to the SFS for the semi-final,so i know a move to the SFS would not work with the Sea Eagles.

The Northern Beaches need a Rugby team.

c_eagle

Juniors
I know that 32000 went to the SFS for the semi-final,so i know a move to the SFS would not work with the Sea Eagles.

The Northern Beaches need a Rugby team.
Don't throw around the word 'know'. You don't know much. A couple of visits to stats.rleague.com and google maps doesn't make you an expert. Quiet down kids, the grown ups are trying to talk.

Teddyboy

First Grade
I like Manly but the fans don't travel.

Anyway nice to see Newcastle Knights crowds back up,But it seems the West-Tigers crowds are down while Parra's seem to be ok.

Don't throw around the word 'know'. You don't know much. A couple of visits to stats.rleague.com and google maps doesn't make you an expert. Quiet down kids, the grown ups are trying to talk.

hes actually talking a whole lot of sense.

if manly has no future at brookvale then you might as well go to queensland now because the SFS would be suicide.

c_eagle

Juniors
If Brookvale was 15 minutes away from the SFS then it would be a perfectly viable option. That's the reality of a tunnel from the peninsula to the CBD. Manly will outgrow Brookvale very soon. We'll either move to the SFS full time or part time at the very least within the next 20-30 years.

Teddyboy, please don't bother responding to my post. If I want an opinion on the Newcastle Falcons, you're my man.

If Brookvale was 15 minutes away from the SFS then it would be a perfectly viable option. That's the reality of a tunnel from the peninsula to the CBD. Manly will outgrow Brookvale very soon. We'll either move to the SFS full time or part time at the very least within the next 20-30 years.

Teddyboy, please don't bother responding to my post. If I want an opinion on the Newcastle Falcons, you're my man.

so a $300 million tunnel is more viable than another $20 million or so for brookie.

please?

the raod works you are talking about are a pipe dream.

Teddyboy

First Grade

So the tunnel will just be for NRL games:roll:

c_eagle

Juniors
Yeh, that's exactly what I meant. In fact, the tunnel will only be open on game days. The rest of the week it'll be a hangout for graffiti artists and buskers.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
so a $300 million tunnel is more viable than another $20 million or so for brookie.

please?

the raod works you are talking about are a pipe dream.

They're building a bloody 'metro' line out to the Hills District aren't they? I'd assume that with the Northern Beaches poor PT that there'd be a line planned to go up there sometime down the track.

Brutus

Referee
Origin must NOT be on a standalone weekend.

Split rounds MUST return

Origin MUST stay on Wednesday night

Status
Not open for further replies.