What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips, Sponsors, Logos etc

macavity

Referee
00000899-image.jpg

i would hit that
(with a shovel. damn manly merkins.)

hellteam

First Grade
Ah don't know what you're trying to prove from that photo but thats's the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles jersey from last year.

So is that white jersey the Tigers permanent home jersey this year ?

hellteam

First Grade
Saw the NSW jersey properly yesterday at Amart.... terrible

If theres one thing I was jealous of NSW for it was that their State of Origin jersey was always all blue... then they changed it about 2005 and it's gotten gradually worse since then.

choc_soldier

Coach
Nepean Motor Group is no longer the sleeve sponsor of the Panthers, hence the black tape on Saturday night.

panthers5_gallery__323x400.jpg

I think they've gone into administration or something like that.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Has it got the new Aussie sponsorship on it yet?

Timmah

Staff member
Nepean Motor Group is no longer the sleeve sponsor of the Panthers, hence the black tape on Saturday night - I think they've gone into administration or something like that

Noticed that. Any word if Penrith are after a replacement?

Timmah

Staff member
The Knights jersey? They've been wearing it for over a year now... :?

Nuke

Staff member
Regarding the NSW Origin jerseys: I was always a fan of the plain sky-blue jersey (with dark blue and white on the collar, cuffs of the sleeve, and CCC logo and number on the back and sleeve). However when they altered it for the 2005 season, I quite liked that one. Since then, however, the past few years have brought new alterations and designs every year and they are, in my opinion, getting worse. This years looks a shocker from what I've seen online (I hate those body-lines things). I can't see me wanting to buy one in all honesty.

Regarding the Newcastle jerseys, I am surprised I like them as much as I do. I have always thought a 60:40 or 50:50 blue:red ratios on Newcastle jerseys would be best, but I do like the current designs (main and alternate). I am eagerly awaiting the heritage jersey to be worn and available to buy this year though. I can't wait!

Timmah

Staff member
Strathfield will be our new front-of-jersey sponsor for 2009. Camp Quality will remain on the back:

Bulldogs Media Release - Strathfield

Thursday, April 09, 2009

The Strathfield Group, Australia’s largest serving car audio retailer, has today signed on as the Bulldogs front of jersey sponsor in a three year, multi-million dollar deal.
Bulldogs Chief Executive Mr Todd Greenberg says the sponsorship is a natural fit for both organisations.

“We’re both in the process of adopting a new way of doing business, they understand what we’re trying to achieve as an organisation and they want to be a part of the journey,” Mr Greenberg said.

“Strathfield is an iconic brand with strong public awareness, they have big plans for the future and we’re delighted that they’ve decided to invest in the Bulldogs.
“Over the past twelve months we’ve been working tirelessly to implement a comprehensive business strategy and we’re starting to see it take shape.

“This sponsorship deal comes at a time when we are also celebrating a 50% growth in membership and with merchandise sales ahead of budget by more than 20%. This positive vibe extends to our junior leagues where we are anticipating increases in junior registration numbers.

“We are now in a great position to move forward with Strathfield and provide a strong return on their investment.”

With the Bulldogs boasting a large and passionate supporter base and an influential connection to the community, Strathfield Group expects the sponsorship to deliver significant increased traffic through its stores.

“The Bulldogs provide us with an excellent opportunity to align our brand with one of the most successful, dynamic and progressive teams in Australian sport,” said Chairman Mr Vaz Hovanessian.

“This sponsorship is part of an aggressive campaign to see Strathfield regain its position as the number one place to shop for car audio and also become a one-stop shop for mobile communications, entertainment devices and home office equipment,” he added.

As a further sign of a strong developing partnership, and in recognition of the Bulldogs ongoing work with Camp Quality, Strathfield Group will relinquish their commercial rights to the top of the back of the jersey and will give this space to Camp Quality for the duration of the 2009 season.

“We respect the way the Bulldogs have embraced the community and their partnership with Camp Quality really resonated with our staff and board members.
“They have sound plans for the future and we look forward to assisting the Club in their partnership with such a wonderful charity organisation.

“We are also particularly impressed with the Bulldogs’ strict and disciplined approach to behavior on and off the field, which is strongly sanctioned by the players.”

The sponsorship deal is effective immediately with players to run out in jerseys with the new Strathfield brand for Monday night’s blockbuster against the Rabbitohs at ANZ Stadium.

Strathfield opened its first store in 1980 and in that time have consistently grown to become one of Australia’s most well known retailers.

With over 60 stores across the country the Strathfield Group has grand plans for expansion in the coming years.

http://bulldogs.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=15488

Latest posts