What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips, Sponsors, Logos etc

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think if there was no lime anywhere on it the fans would kick up a stink.

I personally think every team should have the V for their design like the Bulldogs or Dragons, using their two primary colours, and then reverse it for their away strip.

JMO :sarcasm:

beave

Coach
'ken oath, the new dogs logo is excellent. If I were them the "V" version would be the goer. And yep, whoever designed it should be given the bears job, the logo they trotted out look's stupid, the bear looks like it has the flu and is about to sneeze!!!!

Those Raiders jerseys look woeful.

Timmah

Staff member
I did some mock ups of our jerseys with all types and both sponsors for next year...

bul2010home-strath-vee.jpg

bul2010home-cq-vee.jpg

bul2010home-strath-stripes.jpg

bul2010home-cq-stripes.jpg

BrisVegas

Juniors
I can't understand why they don't use a jersey made up of blue and gold, the minor colours on their home jersey, instead of black.

Home jersey = Green + white trim
Away jersey = Blue + gold trim.

It's not like they're going to wear their away jersey against the GC or Parra.

Agreed about the Raiders clash strip, although a predominantly blue and white strip with green trim may be better, so not to completely rip off Parramatta.

The jersey enthusiast over at Gazzzaf Designs created a terrific alternate Raiders strip last year:

http://gazzzaf.com/

raiders08.jpg

Much better than the cluttered black mess they are proposing.

I prefer the V-Badge to the hooped badge for Canterbury.

Also would like to see them being called Canterbury-Bankstown again, but it won't probably happen. I'll still call them Canterbury though!

Nuke

Staff member
Hhmmm. Those Canterbury logos don't do an awful lot for me. They're good, but I think they just lack ... something.

Like I said (I think it was) in this thread a couple of months ago, I was told of some of the specifications that Canterbury requested of the designers (the logo to be in a badge, the dog to not look vicious (almost smug), ect), but I dunno, it just doesn't look exciting to me I suppose is what's off.

As for those alternative Canberra jerseys: Horrible. Completely horrible. I would hate to be a team's supporter that has crap like that as a jersey. Seriously, what possible problems could their current white alternative jersey have now? Clashing with Souths 'white' away jersey? It doesn't take much initiative ... when Souths and Canberra are playing eachother, Souths are to wear their 'black' home jersey and Canberra are to wear their white alternative jersey.

Easy peasy.

Nuke

Staff member
Oh, and out of those two Canterbury logos, I vote the 'V' one. It's less cluttered and just looks better in my opinion.

Agreed about the Raiders clash strip, although a predominantly blue and white strip with green trim may be better, so not to completely rip off Parramatta.

The jersey enthusiast over at Gazzzaf Designs created a terrific alternate Raiders strip last year:

http://gazzzaf.com/

raiders08.jpg

Much better than the cluttered black mess they are proposing.
That blue alternate is ugly as hell. Whilst it still isn't at the same level as the current Penrith alternate or that Brisbane aqua alternate in the earlier this decade, it still looks horrid. I actually really like their current away strip, very simple and effective.

Timmah

Staff member
Having done those mockups, I imagine we'll have a new jersey to go with it, probably more in line with the 1960's-1990's style Vee hopefully. The SL graded Vee should go.

Nuke

Staff member
Have a look on the previous page.
The two possibilities are there.

Hideous.

The Tank

Bench
The thing I like about the Bulldogs logos is that they incorporate icons of the club such as the jersies, the Bulldog (similar to their old logo) and the 'CB' (another old logo). I would have preferred a shield with points to those designs and the name 'Canterbury Bankstown' instead of 'Bulldogs' but they are great!

Latest posts