What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

Lambretta

First Grade
Why do people here have the need to keep bringing up AFL?

I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Mainly because they didnt start membership drives until the 1980's and in 25 years have secured the financial future of their league.

Members mean a constant cash flow for clubs and higher attendance averages because if people have already bought a ticket they dont have an excuse to not attend.

We need to diversify our income streams, just as the AFL did. We might not like the way they're trying to strangle our game by their never ending expansion into our traditional supporter bases, but we can look to them to see how they're able to afford to plan long term and not over a 3 to 5 year period.

We dont want to copy them per se, but dont ignore every good idea that someone else has.

bazza

Immortal
It remains to be seen. I remain cautiously optimistic of another increase in crowds this season but I would not immediately equate a higher percentage of memberships to the same percentage crowd increase.

A lot of people that are regularly going to games would now be the ones taking up memberships as it is cost effective. So I anticipate another increase but not to amazingly high levels.

However, I could be entirely wrong about this and we could have a result that surprises us all.

The membership drive is a fantastic thing. I'm mentioning it now to every footy fan I know and you can see deep contemplation about getting on board. All of us who are members of a footy club need now to create a situation where becoming a member is the done thing.

As someone said earlier - I think with increased memberships, the lowest crowds won't be as low - so when a team is coming last and/or its raining the crowd might be around 9k rather than 7k

yobbo84

Coach
RACE TO 10,000 IS ON!!!

22 Feb 2010

2010MembershipCounterBlackoutDetail-f99de80a-b092-4ab0-aee8-211759ce6e6d.jpg

The Race to 10,000 Ticketed Members is on in earnest this week with both the Rabbitohs and Dragons less than 500 Ticketed Memberships away from the magical milestone.

The NRL has asked Clubs to black out their Membership numbers from their websites so that an audit can be conducted this week to ensure all counted Memberships are legitimate Ticketed Memberships as per the NRL guidelines.

NOW IS THE TIME FOR ALL OF OUR SUPPORTERS WHO ARE CONSIDERING PURCHASING A TICKETED MEMBERSHIP FOR SEASON 2010 TO DO SO!

The Rabbitohs Ticketed Membership sat at 9,552 as of Friday afternoon before the team played the Titans in Coffs Harbour. The Membership Team were on site in the Club’s home-away-from-home, speaking to many supporters and Members about the importance of Membership to the Club, even though they live over 500km away from Rabbitohs home games.

The Dragons, who were on 9,443 as of Friday afternoon, played against the Bulldogs in Wollongong on Saturday night, one of their two key home bases. The Rabbitohs Membership Team is certain the Dragons would have sold quite a lot of Ticketed Memberships throughout the night.

THIS SATURDAY NIGHT THE RABBITOHS TAKE ON THE DRAGONS IN THE 27TH CHARITY SHIELD AT ANZ STADIUM AT 8PM.

The Rabbitohs hope to have reached the 10,000 Ticketed Member mark before the game, so now is the time for all supporters to stand and be counted and join the 9,552 Ticketed Members who have already shown their true allegiance to the Rabbitohs by having already signed up for a Ticketed Membership.

DON’T FORGET: ALL RABBITOHS TICKETED MEMBERSHIP PACKAGES INCLUDE ENTRY TO THE CHARITY SHIELD THIS SATUDAY NIGHT! IF YOU PURCHASE A RESERVED RED AND GREEN MEMBERSHIP YOU WILL HAVE THE BEST SEATS IN THE HOUSE FOR THIS PRE-SEASON BLOCKBUSTER AGAINST LAST YEAR’S MINOR PREMIERS!

If you’re a supporter of the Club who is yet to purchase a Ticketed Membership, you can do so quickly and easily by clicking here.

If you were a Member in 2009 and wish to renew as a Ticketed Member for 2010, you can do so right now by clicking here and using your Rabbitohs Username and Password to log in.

If you’re a non-Ticketed Member of the Rabbitohs and wish to upgrade to a Ticketed Membership, you can do so quickly and easily by clicking here and using your Rabbitohs Username and Password to log in.

If you’re already a Ticketed Member but know of family, friends, work colleagues and associates who wish to join up as a Ticketed Member, help them out by signing them up by clicking here, or send them this link so they can sign up today – https://www.clubsonline.com.au/registrationclubportal/index.cfm?fuseaction=display_custom_data_image_listing&CategoryID=4706&itemLayout=1&headerselector=3&OrgID=3677

If you live 100km outside of Sydney and wish to purchase a Regional Membership which gives you entry to any five Rabbitohs home games throughout the season, please click here.

Alternatively, you can call the Rabbitohs Membership Team on (02) 8306 9922 to join or renew your Membership. You can also visit the Rabbitohs Membership Office at 104 George St in Redfern.

NOW IS THE TIME TO STAND AND BE COUNTED RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS. SIGN UP FOR A TICKETED MEMBERSHIP TODAY

Source: http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/News/Club-News/RACE-TO-10000-IS-ON.html

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Blackouts? No blackout on the 'Dogs site, although it hasn't been updated this week yet.

do the sharks have to black out?

seriously were not in the race so...

anyway. whatever.

interesting about that harvey norman.

buys a bay. allows sharks to sell discount memberships there. they sell out. buy another bay.

sharks are selling seats twice?

hmm.

Timmah

Staff member
Given Cronulla and HN are two different entities, the answer is no.

Good initiative if you ask me. Hope the Sharks can crack 4k!

Fein

First Grade
I had to laugh at this.

The NRL has asked Clubs to black out their Membership numbers from their websites so that an audit can be conducted this week to ensure all counted Memberships are legitimate Ticketed Memberships as per the NRL guidelines.

Look out for The Rorters to make a late surge.

Timmah

Staff member
Interesting to see what is defined as a ticketed membership and how that changes the numbers...

adamkungl

Immortal
Souths on the other hand count each one of their members' teeth towards their total. Their actual membership number is only around 8000

Latest posts