What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prometheus

Juniors
The Dragons jersey is looking excellent with the new green logo. Now that '"Always" and "Jeep" are on there (with transparent backgrounds, not a large block stuck on) it looks really good.

The spot where "Jeep" is didn't have anything there in 2012 and the Southern Cross Projects logo on the sleeve in 2012 was smaller than the "Always" on the new jersey.

ShaneO85

Juniors
Just for interests sake for anyone who's never seen one, as it came up in another forum on here. a very rare jersey from the initial titans bid before they chose the titans moncker.

on these forums (my post count is still too low)showthread.php?t=145238&page=59

I did see one of these for sale on ebay earlier in the year. not sure how someone got hold of lachlan murdochs jersey but none the less...

Prometheus

Juniors
Here-

Ummmm,yeah.

He was just bulllshitting ya!!!

I bought a new jersey today, get a load of this

gold-coast-chargers-home-rugby-shirt-2004-s_920_1.jpg

That last bit was a blatant lie....

Pierced Soul

First Grade
It looks like an increasing number of clubs are having third "clash strips" lately. NFI why.

$$$ they can make em for $5 in china then sell them for $160-$180 in australia to die hard fans who want every jersey. that black jersey is an abomination. surely clubs actually ahve the opportunity to tell the designers their designs suck and to come up with something better

Version 6

Staff member
Those Dogs jerseys are junk.

You'd have to be proper geniused to take a simple design concept like a double V, and monumentally f**k it up the way they have.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
NRL Store actually posts it. NRL Gossip just wants likes on a page. Nothing wrong with sourcing the actual source.

I've been told LU isn't a source before, so why should we indulge facebook pages run by over-eager fans?

GAZF

First Grade
Bulldogs fans need to petition the club to dump CCC. Those jerseys are beyond a joke. All the CCC-designed Bulldogs jerseys have been crap, except for the 2012 heritage one (mainly because the teardrop was barely noticeable on it).

The heritage was bad as well, piping and zero sleeve striping.

I really wish CCC had got together with the Bulldogs back when they weren't completely shit at makings jerseys. They were easily my favourite manufacturer back in the day.

They used to be great because they kept things simple. Now they are obsessed with keeping up with other companies and their product, though technologically superior, looks far worse for it.

They still make awesome jerseys, just no-one wants to wear traditional cotton jerseys anymore.

This is the Doggies 2012 training jersey. Compare that to their playing strip above...
978.jpg

No idea why this wasn't done instead.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I imagine the apparel suppliers want a say in design more these days and as a result the clubs have to reach a compromise.

GAZF

First Grade
Which is fine, if the supplier suggests something of quality, the problem is that most aren't. I've had to compromise on designs before but have also had clubs compromise for the betterment of the design.

Which is fine, if the supplier suggests something of quality, the problem is that most aren't. I've had to compromise on designs before but have also had clubs compromise for the betterment of the design.

Exactly. Its in the best interest of both the club and supplier to produce a design that will sell well, so why suppliers would "push" a rubbish design on the clubs is beyond me.

Craegus

Juniors
Just for interests sake for anyone who's never seen one, as it came up in another forum on here. a very rare jersey from the initial titans bid before they chose the titans moncker.

on these forums (my post count is still too low)showthread.php?t=145238&page=59

I did see one of these for sale on ebay earlier in the year. not sure how someone got hold of lachlan murdochs jersey but none the less...

Yeah that was the design they were going to go with until Redcliffe threatened legal action over the use of the name Dolphins.

I actually have one of those jerseys, they were put on sale during the early days of the bid, and is a great piece of unused league history.

Prometheus

Juniors
Manly's "V" doesn't extend onto the shoulders like that, doesn't have a collar and has a butchers stripe on the sleeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts