What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 T20 World Cup in India

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Your argument is that the Big 3 are scared of China and making cricket an Olympic sport.

My argument is why would they care when China has had very minor success at any Olympic team sport.

I think the opposite would occur and they would welcome China.

Not my argument at all.

If you think so, then you are illiterate.

My argument for the ICC running interference to cricket in the Olympics was written expressly in plain and simple terms. The Big 3 do not want any further disruption to their home schedules. It is about money.

Fear of China was not spelled out, but is not fear of China's success at the Olympics, if any, it is fear of China establishing further T20 franchise cricket if the game becomes popular there.

And as for you thinking that the ICC cares about China's possible success at the Olympics, when the ICC does not even want to take cricket to the Olympics, is ridiculous. I seriously question your critical reasoning skills as well your comprehension.

The ICC is not a nation state, nor representing a single nation. Who wins cricket glory at a world cup or olympics is irrelevant to them.

The ICC members with BIG 3 governance has a vested financial interest short term to not grow the game further and distribute existing funds and Indian tours. India has a vested interest not to let a bigger economy into the game of cricket because of its IPL and the existing international scheduling. It is about money and scheduling. Not immediate success, or some success here and there. Money.

Last edited:

BuffaloRules

Coach
Personally, I would like to see limited overs cricket in the Olympics, and then it almost certainly would be in China because they'll fund the persuit of any gold medal at the summer games. It is being blocked by the Big 3 - who do not want Olympic disruption to their home scheduling. And are probably scared of what bringing cricket into China will bring for the game. With its population and resources, China would take to the game far quicker than the Afghans have. With their popualtion, and demonstrable sporting propensity as demonstrated by Olympic sports, I expect they'll find super star freaks in little time flat.

So what are you really saying here then?

BuffaloRules

Coach
You set the male paradigm.

Australia has 138 golds and 486 medals.

China has 201 golds and 473 medals.

China will continue to dominate Australia in Olympics.

Olympic domination is recent thing for the Chinese.

Some nice side stepping here.

You accept my "paradigm" on male sports, but not TEAM sports...

:lol:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Some nice side stepping here.

You accept my "paradigm" on male sports, but not TEAM sports...

:lol:

Just opening it up to all medals seeing you wished to further open up your own paradigm from men to include women.

Last edited:

BuffaloRules

Coach
It is about money.

The ICC do not care who wins a medal nor a tournament here or there.

They're not representative of a single nation with a 'dog in the fight'.

You accused me of being illiterate...

I pretty much quoted what you said verbatim...:crazy:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Yes.. But it doesn't help your Team Sports argument does it though??

My team sports argument? I couldn't care less. The issue for me is not China's likely success of x amount gold medals in 50 years time. Which I gather will continue to be a lot.

The issue for me is the ICC preventing cricket from being at the games.

You seem to support cricket not being an Olympic sport. Why?

And if you do want it to be an Olympic sport, are you unhappy with the way the ICC is running things at present to stop it?

Chinese people possibly liking and demanding T20 cricket, or its players getting good enough to compete for Olympic medals in it, is a side issue which while may be delighting you, was not the original discussion in the least.

Last edited:

BuffaloRules

Coach
I would love cricket to be an Olympic sport.

Just calling out your bullshit excuses about anyone being scared of China..

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I would love cricket to be an Olympic sport.

Just calling out your bullshit excuses about anyone being scared of China..

Sinophobia.

There is even a word for it.

Why would they create a word that noone needed?

But it is simple business economics and a manifestation of rational self interest. The Big 3 do not want Olympic disruption to their home schedules. India has a vested interest not to have competition to the IPL in the same existing international scheduling, and the big 3 would not want another huge franchise cricket interruption at another point in the already crowded scheduling. The IPL already crashes with the start of the English home summer and that is bad enough for them.

Last edited:

BuffaloRules

Coach
Jesus.. 30 minutes later You are still editing your post where you called me illiterate for quoting what you said...

BuffaloRules

Coach
Sinophobia.

There is even a word for it.

Why would they create a word that noone needed?

But it is simple business economics and a manifestation of rational self interest. China is a huge population and economy afterall.

Another simple business theory is that every sport wants to get into China...

Except according to you cricket.

Because they are scared.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Another simple business theory is that every sport wants to get into China...

Except according to you cricket.

Because they are scared.

Of another world populace powerhouse establishing franchise cricket?

Absolutely!

India is even scared of another ICL type being established in India at anytime! Let alone exporting the product seeds to a nation as big as China.