What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

franklin2323

Immortal
I’m only a member at Campbelltown aswell. Easiest ground for me to get to, I do get to the others if no work commitments etc tho

I get that. It is funny these guys from outside Sydney have no idea how this city actually works... Lets clump all Tigers members in the same boat

Raiderdave

First Grade
I get that. It is funny these guys from outside Sydney have no idea how this city actually works... Lets clump all Tigers members in the same boat
I know how Sydney works

theres a word in Clifferds post which sums Sydneysiders up to a tee

easiest !!
everything has to be easy for them
or don't bother

LOL

franklin2323

Immortal
I know how Sydney works

theres a word in Clifferds post which sums them up to a tee

easiest !!
or don't bother

LOL

Cambelltown is 44km from Homebush
Atleast an hour to get there and back. That would be a 7.30pm return home with School and work the next day.
I assume CS members need to pay to go to ANZ games? not so much as a lower grade game on before. Nothing else at ANZ.

You are literally driving/Train to for 2 hours to attend an event which goes for 90mins... Or you watch it on TV

Clifferd

Coach
I know how Sydney works

theres a word in Clifferds post which sums Sydneysiders up to a tee

easiest !!
or don't bother

LOL

No. You literally don’t

For starters it takes me 2 and a half hours to get to ANZ stadium (try far south wollongong) so making the all round trip adds up to 5 hours. That doesn’t include traffic in and around the area (usually it’s ok on the way there, but if there is a crowd in excess of 20k it’s a nightmare to get out of..then the ground itself, I find myself looking at the big screen rather then the actual field because you’re so far away from the action the players look like ants..

Raiderdave

First Grade
No. You literally don’t

For starters it takes me 2 and a half hours to get to ANZ stadium (try far south wollongong) so making the all round trip adds up to 5 hours. That doesn’t include traffic in and around the area (usually it’s ok on the way there, but if there is a crowd in excess of 20k it’s a nightmare to get out of..then the ground itself, I find myself looking at the big screen rather then the actual field because you’re so far away from the action the players look like ants..

south Wollongong ?
you're not a Sydneysider then ?

franklin2323

Immortal
No. You literally don’t

ANZ is the biggest dump of a ground. Big events it's fine for but plenty of chances to go to better grounds in Sydney then that hole.

Raiderdave

First Grade
ANZ is the biggest dump of a ground. Big events it's fine for but plenty of chances to go to better grounds in Sydney then that hole.
if ANZ is where your team is playing
ANZ is where you go
again
this Sydney thing about .. oh oh theres no atmosphere , so I'm not going
is hilarious
because , they contribure further to it by not going
30K at ANZ is fine , its a bowl shaped venue , the noise echos , its perfectly ok.

franklin2323

Immortal
if ANZ is where your team is playing
ANZ is where you go
again
this Sydney thing about .. oh oh theres no atmosphere , so I'm not going
is hilarious
because , they contribure further to it by not going
30K at ANZ is fine , its a bowl shaped venue , the noise echos , its perfectly ok.

Every week more people attend games in Sydney then any other city... Maybe the others can pull their weight

There is a reason not a single person is sad ANZ is being demolished... It needs to be rectangle

Raiderdave

First Grade
the Tigers play about 4 games a year at ANZ
a 2-2.5 hr round trip from anywhere , once every 6 weeks is not asking the impossible
Its not every week afterall.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah but People are not going to go to watch teams they don’t follow.
Why would they?

This is the thing others forget. I have 20 times this year to see Panthers I will prob see 15. Family shit and work will stop the others let alone other teams games.

carcharias

Immortal
This is the thing others forget. I have 20 times this year to see Panthers I will prob see 15. Family shit and work will stop the others let alone other teams games.

Not forgetting that a very large percentage of Sydney are from countries that don’t even follow footy.
Asian
Italian
South American
African

The real question is what teams have the most members with the smallest crowds.

Clifferd

Coach
Why would they?

Wait you’re telling me you’re not gonna fork out $100+ to watch Roosters play the Titans at the SFS?!?

If the nrl could do a deal with members of all Sydney clubs, it might attract more neutrals tbh. Like cheaper tickets for starters with those that are members of surrounding clubs

taipan

Referee
Sydney has 9 times the sides & 10 to 12 times the population too
they're hardly pulling their weight

And 12 times the distance,traffic and transport infrastructure problems than most cities in this country have.
Keep guessing mate.

franklin2323

Immortal
Not forgetting that a very large percentage of Sydney are from countries that don’t even follow footy.
Asian
Italian
South American
African

The real question is what teams have the most members with the smallest crowds.

It must be great to live in a bubble where statistics alone tell the story

Raiderdave

First Grade
Why would they?
It was 2 Sydney sides yesterday with maybe 1 million people living in their catchments theres a lot to draw on , even if you just looked at the membership numbers of both teams combined yesterday
38,000 approx. , reciprocal rights yesterday
then those who aren't members , & stadium members & the fact tickets were as cheap as chips anyway & the weather was pretty good , plus all the under sub plots for yesterdays encounter

they expected 25K & that should have been easy to achieve under the circumstances
something is horribly wrong with our games attendance culture in its biggest market & it needs to be addressed.

Latest posts