What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Crowd Watch

adamkungl

Immortal
Calling rubbish on this, Roosters-Titans Sat 3pm at Allianz would've drawn sub-10k, easily.

2017 round 13 v Broncos at SFS, Saturday. 12k
2017 round 21 v Cows at SFS, Saturday. 9.5k
2017 round 26 v Titans at SFS, Saturday. 11k.

carcharias

Immortal
Haha what

If ANZ isn't central to the Tigers and Dogs then Olympic Park should be replaced with unit blocks as it's completely pointless.
But plenty of people on here and in the media are convinced that it's the future because it's the geographical centre of Sydney bla bla.

Anyway. I went to Gosford on Saturday and ANZ on Sunday.

Gosford crowd disappointing after last year, back to the norm. 2 Sydney teams obviously helps but I don't see how "we don't want to watch the Titans" is really much of an excuse for an area supposedly crying out for a team. Perfect weather too.
Hope the council is paying us a tidy sum coz we sure aren't getting a better crowd by taking it up the F3.

ANZ. 18k between 2 supposedly popular Western Sydney teams. Meh.
@Raiderdave is right, Sydney (and most of the non-Sydney clubs to be fair) is full of self-proclaimed superfans who don't actually go to games unless the planets are aligned. The reasons for this are obviously complicated, but the clubs and NRL have done what they can with free transport and $20 tickets. You can take 4 children FOR FREE with 1 $20 adult ticket.

The fan experience is dead flat at ANZ. I'd love to see them close the north, south and upper bowls for crowds under 20k and push everyone between the try lines. It would do wonders for the crowd experience and look a shitload better.

As for Tigers. Hopefully they make Parra their main home ground as soon as possible.
Central was probably not the right word

Inviting or appealing would’ve been better
It is in the middle of nowhere
There is nothing else out there.

It is not any of those 3 teams actual areas .

Good for huge crowds but not for normal rounds of footy.

adamkungl

Immortal
Central was probably not the right word

Inviting or appealing would’ve been better
It is in the middle of nowhere
There is nothing else out there.

It is not any of those 3 teams actual areas .

Good for huge crowds but not for normal rounds of footy.

Ok fair points.
It is in the middle of nowhere despite being "Sydney's geographical centre".
Cultural dead zone. Tedious transport.

carcharias

Immortal
I do wonder what people in Sydney do on a weekend, do they just sit at home for fear of travelling too far?

Well I usually spend most Saturdays traveling to kids sport
I go to all home games
I play in a band all over Sydney on fri and Sat nights and arvos
So when I get a bit of free time I’ll do stuff around the house ,or go for a ride or bush walk with the family.

adamkungl

Immortal
Why do you guys take comments on Sydney as a whole as a personal attack?

PR is correct as usual. Our attendance culture is hopeless. Most people who claim to be BIG NRL fans don't attend games regularly, and if the thought even occurs to them they look for an excuse not to.

This is not an attack on individuals who work on weekends or live 2.5 hrs from the nearest stadium.

In my social circles I regularly talk footy with 15-20 odd people in their 20s and 30s. These are all people who are lifelong fans of a club, talk footy daily, keep up to date with news, etc. Most live locally to their club.
Maybe 3 of them go to more than 1-2 games a season.

adamkungl

Immortal
Yes
The entire population of Sydney should be attending every game that’s played.

If half the mongs who slurped up Buzz Rothfield's shit about the NRL being broke attended games instead of licking their keyboards every club would be drawing 20k+

carcharias

Immortal
Why do you guys take comments on Sydney as a whole as a personal attack?

PR is correct as usual. Our attendance culture is hopeless. Most people who claim to be BIG NRL fans don't attend games regularly, and if the thought even occurs to them they look for an excuse not to.

This is not an attack on individuals who work on weekends or live 2.5 hrs from the nearest stadium.

In my social circles I regularly talk footy with 15-20 odd people in their 20s and 30s. These are all people who are lifelong fans of a club, talk footy daily, keep up to date with news, etc. Most live locally to their club.
Maybe 3 of them go to more than 1-2 games a season.

Because he is wanker.
Simple.

carcharias

Immortal
If half the mongs who slurped up Buzz Rothfield's shit about the NRL being broke attended games instead of licking their keyboards every club would be drawing 20k+

It is easier to watch it on TV
To be honest sometimes I find it a bit of a chore to go to the game.
I’d much rather stay home and have a few beers than driving out there and going through the whole thing of parking and traffic etc.
I always go but during those very lean years when it also happened to rain every single game... I did question what the f**king point was.

Only game I pulled out of was the hurricane against Souths.
I was dressed ready to go when my mate called it.
That’s was ridiculous, not to mention dangerous to drive a car in.

franklin2323

Immortal

Crowds mean nothing. TV is the money. ANZ pays clubs $200k no matter who turns up. Thurs night and Fri 6 pm wouldn't exist if the NRL cared about crowds.
It is always nice to get crowds but it is a bit rich people with no idea what people should do in their free time. Assuming they have free time with kids and stuff you rarely get free time.

I'd love to watch every minute of footy each each (including lower grades on Fox) reality is I am on the train when the 6pm Friday game starts and usually have kids crap on a Sat or Sunday. I make time to sit and watch Panthers. I live 10 mins from Penrith Stadium so is easy but not every weekend can I spend half a day at footy

adamkungl

Immortal
It is easier to watch it on TV
To be honest sometimes I find it a bit of a chore to go to the game.
I’d much rather stay home and have a few beers than driving out there and going through the whole thing of parking and traffic etc.
I always go but during those very lean years when it also happened to rain every single game... I did question what the f**king point was.

Only game I pulled out of was the hurricane against Souths.
I was dressed ready to go when my mate called it.
That’s was ridiculous, not to mention dangerous to drive a car in.

But you go. Even when it's shit. Because you're a fan. And it's worth it for times like 2016. That's the whole fan experience.

So why stick up for the people who spend their entire week talking footy and acting like the biggest fan out, probably bagging the NRL for poor crowds too, and then the weekend comes around and they're nowhere to be seen?

adamkungl

Immortal
Crowds mean nothing. TV is the money. ANZ pays clubs $200k no matter who turns up. Thurs night and Fri 6 pm wouldn't exist if the NRL cared about crowds.
It is always nice to get crowds but it is a bit rich people with no idea what people should do in their free time. Assuming they have free time with kids and stuff you rarely get free time.

I'd love to watch every minute of footy each each (including lower grades on Fox) reality is I am on the train when the 6pm Friday game starts and usually have kids crap on a Sat or Sunday. I make time to sit and watch Panthers. I live 10 mins from Penrith Stadium so is easy but not every weekend can I spend half a day at footy

Again, this isn't a criticism of individuals. It's a culture issue. You think there weren't more than 18k Wests and Dogs fans with free time yesterday arvo? Or more than 10k combined Roosters fans and Central Coast NRL fans on a perfect Saturday?

How many of your mates spend their entire week talking footy VS how many actually show up on the weekend?

carcharias

Immortal
But you go. Even when it's shit. Because you're a fan. And it's worth it for times like 2016. That's the whole fan experience.

So why stick up for the people who spend their entire week talking footy and acting like the biggest fan out, probably bagging the NRL for poor crowds too, and then the weekend comes around and they're nowhere to be seen?
I’m
Not sticking up for anyone.
I will bag hypocrites like Raiderdave and Perth Red who have an egenda against any Sydney based club .
They will then use the exact same excuse as other fans do for poor crowds at their clubs games.

franklin2323

Immortal
Again, this isn't a criticism of individuals. It's a culture issue. You think there weren't more than 18k Wests and Dogs fans with free time yesterday arvo? Or more than 10k combined Roosters fans and Central Coast NRL fans on a perfect Saturday?

How many of your mates spend their entire week talking footy VS how many actually show up on the weekend?

Talking footy while at a kids party or sport is different then having time to go to it

Sydney isn't set up for quickly moving people around. If the game was at Campbelltown. How many that went wouldn't of? 18k is a good crowd

Latest posts