What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Origin I - Wed 8 Jun - NSW 10-16 QLD @ Accor

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Queensland

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

some11

Referee
Liam Martin needs to go, he is pedestrian. 31 metres in 80 minutes.

He is a decent player but not what NSW needs
It's the same game Josh Jackson won a man of the match for.

One good tackle amongst a bunch of plod.

some11

Referee
Stephen Crichton with one of the worst debuts in origin you will see, can't really blame him though. That blame is squarely on Fittler's shoulders
He is not and never has been a utility.

I don't think he knew his role either, which probably explains the errors.

Qld played the better footy but I wonder what NSW did in camp all week. It took the best part of an hour for them to put together some decent cohesive attack. The DCE try was borderline but the defence off the scrum was abysmal. He jogged over running one out. Not excuse for that. The 6 point gift along with only playing 20 minutes of football was always going to be too much. Wouldn’t expect a lot of changes for game 2. Latrell in if he’s fit, and maybe 1-2 hard working forwards. Considering how poor we were tonight we probably should have lost by a lot more than we did. Some fine tuning and go again in a few weeks.

Generalzod

Immortal
Uncertain why everyone is blaming Penrith for the loss? After all, most of our players came out of SOO I unscathed from injury and ready for the normal business of the season.

Oh dear, mission accomplished…
Cleary went missing though, But really he wasn't the one who allowed DCE to score such a soft try, and that was the difference in the match...How the hell was Simms picked is beyond me.

Reflector

Juniors
Qld played the better footy but I wonder what NSW did in camp all week. It took the best part of an hour for them to put together some decent cohesive attack. The DCE try was borderline but the defence off the scrum was abysmal. He jogged over running one out. Not excuse for that. The 6 point gift along with only playing 20 minutes of football was always going to be too much. Wouldn’t expect a lot of changes for game 2. Latrell in if he’s fit, and maybe 1-2 hard working forwards. Considering how poor we were tonight we probably should have lost by a lot more than we did. Some fine tuning and go again in a few weeks.
That's the thing, isn't it?

Munster and Holmes were excellent, Cleary/ Luai were largely rudderless, Qld showed real grind in defence and NSW were pedestrian for at least 30 minutes of that game- especially after the DCE try.

Combine all this plus the tries allowed/ disallowed and it still came down to just 6 points with NSW right on their try line at the final hooter.

This isn't taking anything away from Qld. They showed grit (especially in defence) and there's a few young players in their squad who could become mainstays. But I'm actually feeling less concerned right now than I did after going 1-0 down in 2019, for whatever reason that may be. You could rarely accuse a Freddy coached NSW of lacking intensity or purpose, I'd be surprised to see it twice in the same series.

shear_joy9

Coach
He is not and never has been a utility.

I don't think he knew his role either, which probably explains the errors.
Not knowing the rules would explain the errors.
He just looked a deer in headlights completely overawed by the occasion

aqua_duck

Coach
It's the same game Josh Jackson won a man of the match for.

One good tackle amongst a bunch of plod.
The thing is Cam Murray can give you that and actually contribute in attack as well.
I believe Fittler completely stuffed up the forward rotation. Starting RCG and Martin over proven performers in Murray and Paulo was bizarre as was the decision to leave out Angus Crichton. Crichton was a genuine contributor off the bench for NSW last year and as an edge in 2020, he's a proven origin performer and can cover edge and middle.

This Year?

Immortal
I lasted the entire game at work without any spoilers, then with 5 minutes left of my shift a family of Blues supporters walks in looking like someone had killed their dog. I guess they saved me from getting angry at the TV for 2 hours and I got to miss what these shit merkins done to cause that family so much disappointment.
Funny how this happens more often than not. I can't remember the last time QLD lost when they were favourites.
I reckon we'll win in Perth then get gaped in the decider, again. Really needed to win this one but as usual selection politics plays its part and we don't put onto the field the best 17 available. We won't get another chance for 2 years to win a series.

Couple of three things …
Klein you are a disgrace
Nine coverage is deplorable,
interviewing coach’s during the game … terrible idea
Interviewing players as the run off the field …. Terruble man
Danicka and blondy were forced as f**k
Freddy’s game plan of “ just play like Penrith “ was rubbish
Freddy’s idea of getting the team walk a kilometre to the ground was nonsense , if you want to see it done right watch this
Teddy / wighton were amazing
Munster is ridiculously good

we had way too many passengers … Kotoni Staggs lol … one run ?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You're a good Labor supporter then.

That whole ASADA scandal was a political stunt by the ALP to take the heat off Juliar Gillard and her cronies over the Craig Thomson and Eddie Obeid scandals.

Where was that underworld involvement those wafflers Kate Lundy and that merkin Jason Clare were waffling on about?

If you read into it and not just the bs parroted by that late alcoholic Rebecca Wilson you'd know the whole thing was a Labor political witch hunt.
Lol what about when he was an 80KG skinny runt playing for Wenty??? and then Nek Minnet he was over 100kgs playing first grade with a chin that would make a Cleary moist??? His whole career should have an asterisk over it. Let alone when the hog stunk up origin year after year trying to play 6.

SBD82

Coach
Lol what about when he was an 80KG skinny runt playing for Wenty??? and then Nek Minnet he was over 100kgs playing first grade with a chin that would make a Cleary moist??? His whole career should have an asterisk over it. Let alone when the hog stunk up origin year after year trying to play 6.
Remember when Gal got those incredible stats playing prop for NSW?

And remember how he then got done as a drug cheat?

And remember how the commentators frothed over that game for ages then suddenly never spoke about it ever again?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

Canard

Immortal
Continuing to play a clearly concussed Yeo, in complete contravention of any HIA protocols, probably wasn't the master-stroke that Freddy thought it would be.

As for NSW top players, without the constant ref leg ups they get at club level, they struggle.

Generalzod

Immortal
Remember when Gal got those incredible stats playing prop for NSW?

And remember how he then got done as a drug cheat?

And remember how the commentators frothed over that game for ages then suddenly never spoke about it ever again?

Pepperidge farm remembers.
Aren’t peptides amino acids, you are making it sound like he was anabolic steroid user?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I don't get why we are so focused on the back five. I guess it's because of the controversy around jac not being picked. The nsw back 5 was good outside of staggs who didn't do much.

There is certainly an argument about jac and Mitchell because we looked rubbish in attack. Latrell in particular should be picked if possible because what nsw dished up in attack was woeful but I don't feel thats really on the back 5..

Nsw really did remind me of Canberra in attack. I will give the halves a bit of a break because the forwards got wrecked and the service from Cook was f**king atrocious. They still didn't do much even with this taken into account.

So yeah lots to think about for nsw