What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

flippikat

Bench
It'd be a winner in New Zealand if we could get something like the Best & Less range of gear sold over here, something to get NRL clothing out on the streets everywhere & have the profile of the game out there more - couple that with decent FTA coverage as well.

It's Been Done

Juniors
Per 9 News;
The Broncos will pay tribute to the Warriors' sacrifice on their jerseys.
349132200_793649675693927_3819546058383898337_n.jpg

Source

wazdog

Juniors
Didn’t the Storm get around this by just having Crown Resorts Foundation under the Crown logo when they played there?

Interesting to see what the Bunnies do in June.

yakstorm

First Grade
Didn’t the Storm get around this by just having Crown Resorts Foundation under the Crown logo when they played there?
Generally the Storm replaced the Crown logo.

Shane Warne Foundation replaced Crown in 2012
Starlight Children's Foundation replaced Crown in 2013
Ovarian Cancer Australia replaced Crown in 2011, 2014 & 2015
PSC Insurance Brokers replaced Crown 2016 & 2018

2017 is the only time I'm aware Storm wore Crown Resorts Foundation.

greenBV4

Bench
Last edited:

It's Been Done

Juniors
Also worth noting 90% of this year's supporter gear is mostly dark grey

Why
I don't personally care too much about the off the field stuff, it's the match day jerseys that I care about more
2. Why would you wear Victoria's state colours in a game in SA
It was like the NSWRL wanted to annoy the Croweaters (the nickname for South Australians), as South Australia is to Victoria what Queensland is to New South Wales

Saint Doc

Coach
Whilst better late than never, this jersey was released about 4-5 months ago, why have NRL only just realised Navy blue doesn’t contrast well with maroon? Amateur all round.

That said whoever came up with the alternate in the first place needs to be sacked, why would you want to take the iconic sky blue vs maroon game to a new market like Adelaide and then change the branding anyway?

Nuke

Staff member
The concept of alternative jerseys in Origin angered me in 2019 when Origin was finally taken to Perth (where surely the simple and recognisable sky blue vs maroon was a better choice), it annoyed me when they did it in Adelaide in 2020, and I was equally as bemused and annoyed at the fact they were trying to do it again this year again.

It's not needed, and to honest, I think I've only ever seen maybe 1 or 2 supporters wearing them since. Sky Blue is very clearly the favourite and should always be.
And the plainer, the better, in my opinion. The iconic one from, basically, day 1 up until the early 2000's. Even the latter 'Johns era' NSW 'Wizard' jerseys were okay (bar the chest sponsors, by then in vogue), but not as good as the plain sky blue.

All these other variants are fine as 'training jerseys' or supporters shirts, but I'm not so keen on them being the on-field ones. Especially the navy ones!

MugaB

Coach
Personally i don't mind the reverse navy V one they had in Perth, but really its unnecessary to have anyways, they should hace the sky blue one ready anyways as they were meant to have it for game 2