What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R5 Sat - Brisbane 46-12 Wests Tigers @ Suncorp

Round 5: Brisbane v Wests Tigers

• Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wests Tigers actually won under my new scoring system

The Away Team can deduct the points conceded in their worst half

Plus

The Away Team's points scored are doubled i.e the old days where the away goal was worth 2.

So Brisbane 46 less Wests Tigers being able to deduct the points conceded in their worst half ( 28) - So Brisbane are 18

Wests Tigers scored 12 which is doubled so 24

Final Score then is

Wests Tigers 24 - Brisbane Broncos 18

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Wests Tigers actually won under my new scoring system

The Away Team can deduct the points conceded in their worst half

Plus

The Away Team's points scored are doubled i.e the old days where the away goal was worth 2.

So Brisbane 46 less Wests Tigers being able to deduct the points conceded in their worst half ( 28) - So Brisbane are 18

Wests Tigers scored 12 which is doubled so 24

Final Score then is

Wests Tigers 24 - Brisbane Broncos 18

pepe_silvia_meme_banner.jpg

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Sheens is kidding himself in this presser. WHERE is the light at the end of the tunnel for the Tigers at the moment? The squad sucks, their best players like Api made it clear in the off season they don't even wanna be there (and are playing like it too), and they can't sign anyone decent without blowing up their cap. And it boggles the mind how Luke Brooks is immune from being dropped. He is pus. There is no cohesion, their confidence is shot and the culture is so shite they are being sighted in the airports munching on beers and frosted donuts before tough games. It's not good enough.

The problem is at the top, the same blokes who hit the panic button and re-appointed a has-been like Sheens in the first place. Pascoe and co must be turfed out and the reset button smashed on the whole joint. And Benji? A massive unknown. You would have to be one optimistic fan to convince yourself he is the answer to your problems. Wayne Bennett would be battling to get this mob up and about every week.

They need some hope to cling on to and fast, not staring down the barrel of another spoon.

Exsilium

First Grade
As sad as it is, I can’t see the Tigers beating any side this year.

They are so far off the mark, it’s painful to watch as a neutral.

some11

Referee
I can’t see anyone challenging us for the spoon
Its one of those situations where winning the spoon twice in a row might actually do some good.

That and hope some rich merkin comes in and clears the joint out and starts over.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
451365ba8c326ee10d8e6c475995f5fd.gif

I'm sorry Tiggers. I truly wish it wasn't you.

This is all in our forward and bench rotation. They're just unstoppable at the moment, and when you're giving the likes of Adam Reynolds and Reece Walsh that sort of platform, you're gonna be having nightmares in defence no matter who you are, nevermind the Tigers.
Chuck this in the Raiders forum

THE CHAMP

First Grade
That's some quality condescension from a fan of team who have conceded 50+ more than a few others in the last few years ...

So far beaten the Panthers by 1 (so too have my mob who are currently last on the table), Ordinary Cows, shitty Dragons and the Phins who aforementioned team put near 40 on...

Considering the god awful collapse your team produced from Round 19 last year, I would have thought a modicum of modesty wouldn't go astray....
Not going to happen mate.
Gotta feeling about this season

King hit

Coach
Sheens is kidding himself in this presser. WHERE is the light at the end of the tunnel for the Tigers at the moment? The squad sucks, their best players like Api made it clear in the off season they don't even wanna be there (and are playing like it too), and they can't sign anyone decent without blowing up their cap. And it boggles the mind how Luke Brooks is immune from being dropped. He is pus. There is no cohesion, their confidence is shot and the culture is so shite they are being sighted in the airports munching on beers and frosted donuts before tough games. It's not good enough.

The problem is at the top, the same blokes who hit the panic button and re-appointed a has-been like Sheens in the first place. Pascoe and co must be turfed out and the reset button smashed on the whole joint. And Benji? A massive unknown. You would have to be one optimistic fan to convince yourself he is the answer to your problems. Wayne Bennett would be battling to get this mob up and about every week.

They need some hope to cling on to and fast, not staring down the barrel of another spoon.
It's really jarring how many players arrive at the Tigers only to decline yet when players leave them they get better. They are a total rabble that has made no improvement whatsoever. I also believe that Benji is doing most of the coaching. Every time they show the Tigers coaching box Sheens is in the back of the room with Benji/Robbie front and centre.

Sphagnum

Coach
The tiger’s defensive commitment is non existent. Talking about and changing your spine every week isn’t going to fix that.