What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R8 Thu - Souths 20-18 Penrith @ Accor

Round 8: Souths v Penrith

• South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Penrith Panthers

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
Broncs can go 4 points clear in the lead now if the Scum beat the Warriors.

Cheers Souffs, I hope your next dental appointment isn't as painful as usual.
The worse we will be after this round is 4th place when Manly win, and if Warriors jag a surprise in Melbourne.

F/A is going to be crucial more then ever this season.

Different players on the Panther right side would have balded that last attacking manoeuvre by the bunnies.

It was chaos.

I’m not sure if the Panther defence formation was planned, seemed to me it was a bit ad hoc and they got a bit baffled.

But split second stuff.

Souths were clutch though, speed and accuracy was tremendous.

These sides could play again next week with a completely different outcome.

Someone2

Juniors
Cleary is the highest paid player in the game he should of been able to close the game out up by 8 with 5mins on the clock

Cleary is the highest paid player in the game he should of been able to close the game out up by 8 with 5mins on the clock

He’s still the best half in the game and probably a future immortal.

He can’t piggyback his befuddled players to their positions and push them into attackers to stop them.

Then again…

GongPanther

Referee
Watched the replay. Some game, that.

Disagree with me all you like, but come the pointy end of the season, these clubs were the best 2 teams in 2021 and 2022 (who just ended up on the same side of the draw last year), and only injury/suspension will stop that again in 2023.

See you in the finals.
Likewise Yobbs. Too bad both sides were not full strength which would have made it a better spectacle.

GongPanther

Referee
Different players on the Panther right side would have balded that last attacking manoeuvre by the bunnies.

It was chaos.

I’m not sure if the Panther defence formation was planned, seemed to me it was a bit ad hoc and they got a bit baffled.

But split second stuff.

Souths were clutch though, speed and accuracy was tremendous.

These sides could play again next week with a completely different outcome.
Looked like ballroom dancing for the Souths last try. They were caught bludging on the blindside

Looked like ballroom dancing for the Souths last try. They were caught bludging on the blindside

I also think there was an obvious hesitation and reluctance by the panthers not to give away a penalty. We’ve seen plenty of players make the ultimate sacrifice to frustrate speedy attack, get the line in order. That was noble.

He’s still the best half in the game and probably a future immortal.

He can’t piggyback his befuddled players to their positions and push them into attackers to stop them.

Then again…
I know which half I'd prefer & it certainly isn't the overated, over payed tanking down hill skiing cat Parra have. Hopefully he gets buried tonight with a season ending injury. Can't stand the bloke after what he did when he was with us.

Maroon4life

Juniors
Salary cap doing its job in punishing success.

Whilst that starting 8-13 remains youthful with with Cleary they’ll command a top 4 spot they just won’t run roughshod over the competition.

Premiership favourites just more susceptible if they are off their game this year.

Cleary is tenacious, able and extremely skilful, but probably his biggest asset is his footy IQ.

Other players have blind spots in their game, he can handle and manage just about everything.

Even his last kick off last night, not his pin point best, but even then, as dodgy and suss as it was, it caused complete chaos!

I’m not commenting on his personal character and his undying love his perverted sex criminal bastard mate, just his footy.

And his game is of the highest quality and always great to watch. It’s footy poetry.

He is unmatched as a half. No one comes close. He’s probably underpaid @soc123_au

Ben Hunt is my fave half but he’s not as good.

Anyone who thinks he’s not the best half in the game, I’m sorry but you can’t be taken seriously and should reassess your life.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
Would rather watch a game with 8k at CP than 20k at Accor! Sht stadium.
Went to the first ever league game there when a double header was being played in front of a 120,000 crowd. Wish I took a camera. From where were where, we were located 100 meteres from the corner post. Could hardly see Jack shit with the sun in the eyes.

Salary cap doing its job in punishing success.

Whilst that starting 8-13 remains youthful with with Cleary they’ll command a top 4 spot they just won’t run roughshod over the competition.

Premiership favourites just more susceptible if they are off their game this year.
It’s really early. The season will get into a groove and (barring injuries) cream rises to the top.