What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Panthers

Fangs

Coach
Nathan Cleary playing 9 or 6 is absolutely ludicrous.

He is potentially the 7 the game has ever seen.

He would probably be an ok 9, but seriously.

You can rest easy he isn't moving anywhere. The 7 is sacrosanct in Rugby League.

Original Name

Juniors
Regarding Cleary playing five eight because of the gf. Think about how often over the years Broncos and their QLD players have trained against someone pretending to be Yeo at first receiver. Studying Yeo and trying to copy his movements as much as possible. Now think about how much the guy studying to copy Cogger at first receiver is taking it watching all his year old footage that doesn't apply to this year because the NSW reserve grade lock is usually at first receiver and think about how much Cogger is learning about squaring up defences and getting better in that with year with us and how about the guy mimicking Cogger is probably spending time split between positions like hooker and five eight.

It's like if a boxer did all his training against a south paw (lefty) out fighter then fought an orthodox (righty), in fighter with addition to Broncos being far more tired by that stage in the game. With respect to the awesome job Cogger did. Yeo essentially plays first receiver anyway which usually pushes Nath to second receiver so I don't understand what making him an actual five eight would do unless we get rid of Yeo's position in attacking structure. Second receiver is five eight which is what Nath is playing on like 70% of his plays.
Anyone see Cole and Jesse Mclean bursting onto the scene this season?
Cole will be a back up across different positions so probably will get games but might end up in a most of his games off the bench if this is for SC or Fantasy. Mclean if there's an injury or two for a stretch might make it might for however long people above him are injured. Ivan loves his experience so he'd probably play say Garner ahead of him though. If Henry gets the minutes he'll get a lot of Fantasy/SC points relative to how cheap he is because of his big motor he has. That's if though. Ivan loves experience and proven players so he'd minimize his minutes at first if he plays much at all.

Last edited:

Original Name

Juniors
Such a nothing story.

Give me some footy news for f$&ks sake
Dean Rich quite literally only has a job because his brother is high up there. Expect nothing less from one of Murdock's most trash mouth pieces. He can only write nothing stories and failed hit jobs that are incoherent rambling.

Is Lisati a chance to get into the 17 earlier in the season? Is he the man to provide impact off the bench like Leniu?

For those who have seen him regularly in Cup, what’s your opinions on the fella?

Iamback

Coach
Is Lisati a chance to get into the 17 earlier in the season? Is he the man to provide impact off the bench like Leniu?

For those who have seen him regularly in Cup, what’s your opinions on the fella?

I watch almost every game.

He is always injured, Head knocks especially I rate him and think he'd be perfect for that role.

Needs gametime 1st though

I watch almost every game.

He is always injured, Head knocks especially I rate him and think he'd be perfect for that role.

Needs gametime 1st though
That’s a shame about the injuries.
I googled his age. He will be 23 this year. Only signed until the end of 2024. I suspect this season is make or break at the club for him. Fair assessment?