What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 3 - Vs Roosters

The one guy that should feel dudded is big Shaq. He played really well in the minutes given. Maybe they weren’t happy with his conditioning being he didn’t get many 2nd half minutes.

But I agree with you Callmack, excited to see how Davy handles the starting role, great reward for a solid effort last week

I dont get shaq being dropped im sure he would love to put one on the rorters he is a big body and his game has advanced unlike ilias who has never advanced ..

You must be Ilias dad!
He has had 3 years to prove himself.
Can't kick and doesn't run to the line.
Need to get rid of Cody Walker next.

Hi pauly1 i just want to see if Jack wighton @#6 can help cody play far better at #7 like reyno did for Cody's game even though cody played at #6, anyway I think hawkins kicking game will help cody a far lot better than ilias did but as you already know a wighton/walker combo is a must ilias + hawkins both cant match what Jack wighton will bring to the halves. Let's see how hawkins goes if he is a flop like ilias then come on down Jack wighton where you ought to be in the first place why use hawkins when Jack is also available for the halves pairing with cody? Both are available I would had thrown Jack in @#6 then put chee kam at left centre for Friday nights game.why shaq is dropped for moale or host amazes me shaq is going well and is a big body whom can rival Hargreaves in size and im sure shaq would love to had got one back on the rorters.

Pauly1

Juniors
If you watch Moale, he walks around the field on his tip toes.
I remember when he 1st came in to grade, he used to run hard and straight into the defensive line.
Now that he has a couple of games under his belt, he tip toes around the field as if he is a seasoned pro.
Rather prefer Shaq or Chee K to Moale

What has david moale ever done that shaq can't do? I'd be using shaq im very very surprised shaq aint in i am looking forward to see if hawkins can orchestrate the boys in attack unlike ilias who has nothing to offer except for tackling around the ankles which is not enough strings in your bow to be a top line #7.i remember the parra game hawkins kicking game that day was top notch he also is as cool as a cucumber in attack and he based his game off reyno's game he is cool calm + collected lets see shall we on fri..

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Listen.

The squad has conceeded OVER 30 ppg in its last 7-8 games. With Ilias there! When most teams hit the mid 30s they basically stop there anyway not wanting to leave themselves knackered for the next match. So quit this nonsense re Hawkins making the defense worse...its ALREADY pathetic!!
Hawkins will however give us a far better KICKING game. Allow he and Jack to dominate the kicking game and remove Walker from any kicking save one here or there under duress. Walker's KICKS are a WEAPON for every opponent. This is rarely mentioned by you lot but it is a major problem!!
As for the centre position. What is wrong with Braidon Burns? He is far more athletic than Kennar [who isn't?] plays more aggressively, he can offload in traffic and can score from anywhere. Why dopey Demetriou rates Kennar above Burns is a complete mystery.
Braidon Burns?
This is funnier than laughing gas.
The guy is no good.
And I'm being kind.
It's been proven over and over again.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors

Team list Tuesday babyyyyyy!!! And finally, for the first time this Season, it's one I'm sure we can all be pretty happy with and it's one we can get excited about.

That is a pretty good side, certainly the best we've been able to name so far this year. Wighton in to make his debut is the obvious big one. I can't wait to see him rip in and rep the Red and Green!! It will make the world of difference and I hope he can lift us.

Obviously, Hawkins in is the other massive change, but we already knew that.

Then in the pack, I'm happy to see Davvy start as I'm not sure the impact role fully suits him right now. Huge night in his career that's for sure, starting in a derby game in front of a packed Allianz. Wow. We also see Hosty come in which I don't mind. Genuine edge and if he can play like he did in the Charity Shield, then that would be great.

These changes see Kep go to the bench, so it will be interesting to see his impact from there. Tallis retains his spot which I'm happy to see, surely, we use him on an edge in this one?

Very happy with the side!!! I'm feeling good about it and if we can hold the ball, we can beat the scum.

I'm firing up!! Really feeling it this week!!! Hurry up please Friday!!
Host is garbage.
He adds nothing

Thumper

Juniors
I enjoy our chats I been waiting for ilias to be sacked but please explain what ilias adds to being our #7 even Craig coleman and Craig field whom I know very very well came out and said ilias aint up to first grade standard im glad you know and they don't ? remember jaxson paulo there ain't much difference when they play in each of their positions both are not capable of playing first grade today they are both second grade reggies at best. I know ilias + hawkins aint the answer to be our long term #7 but wighton/walker is with jye gray as cover in the halves.hopefully dudmetriou gets cut adrift into the sunset with ilias and kennar asap
This bloke knows everyone. Tugga, Craig wing, jye grays coach who never coached him.

wittyfan

Referee
You must be Hawkins' brother!

I have not been waiting for this day, not one iota. In fact, I dread it as Hawkins is crap and that view is based on watching him for a long time.

Don't care how many times you say you want Walker at half, that one has also been tried before and without success as well.

Ilias is lightyears ahead of Hawkins as a footballer.

I thought with Keary out we had a good shot at Easts, but not now with Hawkins.
Well said!!!

Nobody has hailed Dean Hawkins as a messiah or anything particularly special. Why make a big deal about it? However, he may provide two key ingredients the squad is severely parched in: 1. A far better kicking game & 2. A smoother attacking unit. Leaving Walker with ilias together will simply place an anchor around the squad's throat. Let Hawkins and Jack W dominate the kicking game and end Walker's marsh mallow punts that only help every opponent. Plus Demetriou has to make changes because his tenure as a Head Coach is likely nearing an abrupt end.
Hawkins did win a season or so ago starting as #7 against I believe Parramatta in their house [26-0?] and he is a more seasoned player now. I say he is well worth a gamble.

Smart post