What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Bulldogs

Blair

Coach
3. Charnze - those Burton bombs were horrific, I was there and felt like closing my eyes at times. If he dropped two or three of those it would've been a different game.

2. AFB - I looked at him, and I looked at Pangai Junior, and I realised our guy's the better player. That former Bronco gets more hype though.

1. Harris, our man, everywhere. Calmness, leadership, skill, power.

DM the ground announcer. I haven't been to a game in so long and I can report these guys haven't bloody improved one bit. He needed his noise level lowered and he needed to shut it for a minute or two.

sup42

Juniors
You could fairly make a case for half a dozen players in different ways, especially if you are looking at them based on effort over ability.

3. Harris
2. SJ
1 Montoya.

I thought AFB was excellent although we should fairly expect that, he is our biggest signing and an NRL Star Prop so...I have no problem with people giving him the MOM though.

Our whole back three plus Pompey were monsters on the kick returns and defusing kicks.

I went Harris first after I saw him fall and stay down, my heart sank as he lay in the back field while twelve Warriors were scrambling against one of many moments where the Dogs showed excellent roll on down field.

I just thought this is typical, we lose our most important forward this season again....and it happens during a momentum swing.... then he got up....stumbled back into the Frey....and did what Harris does.

CNK deserves it.

I went Montoya because he is a Bulldog killer. And we needed a Bulldog killer for our top eight chances twice this year.

Johnson I think was unbelievable with the confidence with the boot, I complained with the telegraphed second kick to DWZ, but then I told myself...hang on mate, is this not the SJ you always dreamed of? a half that tries on stuff and takes the risk of it not coming off?

Happy days....

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
With Pompey finding his niche, RTS on the way and Montoya now in the mix as a centre as well as a winger I’m pretty confident our backline is looking good for next year. Could still do with a bit more pace but we’ve got depth across every position from 1-7.

Blair

Coach
...Johnson I think was unbelievable with the confidence with the boot, I complained with the telegraphed second kick to DWZ, but then I told myself...hang on mate, is this not the SJ you always dreamed of? a half that tries on stuff and takes the risk of it not coming off?

Happy days....
They sure are and you know what? He'll have the defence suckered next time.

Keep it a secret but Dallin will be waiting out there on the wing, Johnson will shape to kick, the opposition will all move in that direction, then Johnson will do a little right foot step to score near the posts.

Blair

Coach
Metcalf will make a difference here and on any break, real speed.

Along with Vailea, the problem child. Let's break this down with a comparison to Kevin Locke. There's a problem who was a successful first grader. Vailea sounds like an issue with little more than five minutes in first grade.

Pull ya bloody head in, son.

GoSouths

Juniors
Pompey should have been in the Super League years ago where he would be doing fine. Hes a mediocre NRL centre at best. Has zero speed, makes poor decisions but occasionally will front up and have a good game. Averages out to Mediocre by seasons end. But it is what it is when theres nothing coming up from the lower comps. Centre is the one area the Warriors are truly lacking. Pompey is without a contract after this year so I guess RTS slots in there. The other side really needed Vaelea to use this year to polish his game but theres zero indication that is happening.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Pompey should have been in the Super League years ago where he would be doing fine. Hes a mediocre NRL centre at best. Has zero speed, makes poor decisions but occasionally will front up and have a good game. Averages out to Mediocre by seasons end. But it is what it is when theres nothing coming up from the lower comps. Centre is the one area the Warriors are truly lacking. Pompey is without a contract after this year so I guess RTS slots in there. The other side really needed Vaelea to use this year to polish his game but theres zero indication that is happening.
Pompey will never be quick but he’s strong and there’s signs that the decision making side of things has improved under Webster. IMO he’s the kind of player a Bellamy or Cleary could mould into something quite good and maybe Webster’s doing that.
Vailea seems to be more of an attitude issue. Berry also has potential.

GoSouths

Juniors
i guess the other option is Brayden Wiliame but hes 31, so his best years are behind him and it seems NRL teams release him after about a year. Hes been with Eels, Sea Eagles and Dragons.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
i guess the other option is Brayden Wiliame but hes 31, so his best years are behind him and it seems NRL teams release him after about a year. Hes been with Eels, Sea Eagles and Dragons.
Yeah he’s a depth signing I think. Would rather get something out of the others.

Meth

Staff member
Congratulations Addin Fonua Blake

Fonua Blake 41
Nicoll-Klokstad 30
Johnson 17

Harris 14
Montoya 3
Watene-Zelezniak 2
Lussick 1

18 voted

DM the ground announcer. I haven't been to a game in so long and I can report these guys haven't bloody improved one bit. He needed his noise level lowered and he needed to shut it for a minute or two.
I don't think any of the ground announcers are that good. Surely one club could get it right. Hire someone that has that charisma and knows how to read the game. Some announcers come off too try hard or forced.