What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Knights

Leber

Bench
I'd go..

1 CNK
2 DWZ
3 Berry
4 Pompey
5 Montoya
6 TMM
7 SJ
8 AFB
9 Egan
10 Barnett
11 Ford
12 Niukore
13 Harris

14 Walker
15 Tevaga
16 Curran
17 Ale

Tough on Siro but from last week it showed we need a prop on the bench over a hooker that plays 10 minutes.

Blair

Coach
Yes, let's keep the bald bros on as super subs. It killed the vibe this week with Walker starting.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If SJ plays we can absolutely win this. Newy took 90 minutes to get over the Raiders who frankly aren’t very good, at home. We’ll have home advantage and a day more prep time and haven’t gone 10 min of extra time. No excuses.

If SJ plays we can absolutely win this. Newy took 90 minutes to get over the Raiders who frankly aren’t very good, at home. We’ll have home advantage and a day more prep time and haven’t gone 10 min of extra time. No excuses.
SJ calf will be most watched muscle in NZ this week!

Did we fly out last night or this morning?

Knight hopefully feeling that game, but obviously a week is a long time in sport and they had rested players as well the week before.
Their attack down their right was impressive when it clicked and it matches to our poor left edge defense.

Last edited:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Big news that it's at Mt Smart. Kinda gutted in a way because it lessens my chances of getting tickets, but gives us an advantage.

Don't be fooled, the Knights are a real threat. They shipped some weak points to the Raiders and almost lost, but they were brutal for 20 mins

I don't see Webster changing the side unless SJ is back in. He believes in the side he put out, even if some of us don't

Izz

Bench
Tough on Siro but from last week it showed we need a prop on the bench over a hooker that plays 10 minutes.
Doubt Webster will change his thinking, unfortunately. Our golden period this season, when we beat up Canberra on Croker's 300th, shutdown the Dolphins when they were still going well, and put 48 on the Dragons while still scratchy after the bye, we had at least 1 prop on the bench. The only big win where we didn't was against the Sharks, but Ale started that game and then Barnett moved to prop when Ale came off.

Then we had our golden point win against the Raiders (with Bunty on the bench and Barnett starting at prop), where we dominated that game for 75 minutes before a little panic at the end. A bye followed and after that Webster changed to this ridiculous little man bench and seems determined that it's right. Reminds me of some of Tim Sheens ridiculous benches in his last years coaching Benji.

nswarrior

Juniors
Doubt Webster will change his thinking, unfortunately. Our golden period this season, when we beat up Canberra on Croker's 300th, shutdown the Dolphins when they were still going well, and put 48 on the Dragons while still scratchy after the bye, we had at least 1 prop on the bench. The only big win where we didn't was against the Sharks, but Ale started that game and then Barnett moved to prop when Ale came off.

Then we had our golden point win against the Raiders (with Bunty on the bench and Barnett starting at prop), where we dominated that game for 75 minutes before a little panic at the end. A bye followed and after that Webster changed to this ridiculous little man bench and seems determined that it's right. Reminds me of some of Tim Sheens ridiculous benches in his last years coaching Benji.
Yeah - I don’t get it. Our 1st sub against Panthers where our forwards held their own was Sirro. I thought we needed Ale or Bunty

nswarrior

Juniors
The other tricky call is whether to play Volkman/TMM or TMM/ Walker in halves if SJ doesn’t play. Maybe protecting Volkman by not throwing him in the deep end

vvvrulz

Coach
With Johnson I'm pretty confident we can seal this one.

Without Johnson we're going to have to rely on fortress defence and winning a low-scoring grind.
Walker is wasted in the halves - remember when Tohu played at six?

Leber

Bench
Really pissed off. Just tried to book tickets for the same season tickets we have had for 16 years, and they have already sold them.

Only been open for one hour. I thought members could choose their usual seats! So annoying.

Benek

Juniors
Yep I'm peeved about the tickets too. I ended having to split my family of four in two different sections, neither nearly as good as our normal seats. They haven't taken care of members well at all in the way this presale was setup.

Really pissed off. Just tried to book tickets for the same season tickets we have had for 16 years, and they have already sold them.

Only been open for one hour. I thought members could choose their usual seats! So annoying.
Yep I'm peeved about the tickets too. I ended having to split my family of four in two different sections, neither nearly as good as our normal seats. They haven't taken care of members well at all in the way this presale was setup.
That's really poor form if that's the case, ticketed members should be sent a link to purchase their normal seats before it goes on sale to others at 1pm

Matua

Bench
As I said on the other thread we need to go Volkman, TMM and Walker back to his usual spot. But did I read another poster who said Walker has already committed to TMM and Walker?

Also, more than two props.

Also, sucks that the Warriors didn't look after their season ticket holders, that's B/S. Or is it due to the NRL (as they run these games?)

Apey

Staff member
As I said on the other thread we need to go Volkman, TMM and Walker back to his usual spot. But did I read another poster who said Walker has already committed to TMM and Walker?

Also, more than two props.

Also, sucks that the Warriors didn't look after their season ticket holders, that's B/S. Or is it due to the NRL (as they run these games?)
Knights fan here, seems to be a Ticketek/Ticketmaster thing. For our home final you couldn't pick your seats, you just have to refresh the best available until you get ones you're happy with. Shit system.

Matua

Bench
Knights fan here, seems to be a Ticketek/Ticketmaster thing. For our home final you couldn't pick your seats, you just have to refresh the best available until you get ones you're happy with. Shit system.
So that's likely on the NRL then as they give direction to the ticket sellers I'd guess. Agree, it's a shit system.

Latest posts