What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns - are you upset?

knaus

Juniors
on the radio they were saying he picked up a neck injury or something, and with a history of neck problems, wouldnt you be going straight down the tunnel to the doc?

yes, he could have handled it better, but i really dont think he would want to stand up there and recieve an individual award and say look how good i am after they just got smashed, it would be taking away from parras win.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
knaus said:
on the radio they were saying he picked up a neck injury or something, and with a history of neck problems, wouldnt you be going straight down the tunnel to the doc?

yes, he could have handled it better, but i really dont think he would want to stand up there and recieve an individual award and say look how good i am after they just got smashed, it would be taking away from parras win.

What a load of crap......

That was just disgusting....I've seen Johns throw his mouth guard in front of me at a match before....nothings changed in all these years.

I have to laugh everyone reckons Finchy is the biggest sook.......:roll:

I think that Trophy now awaits Andrew Johns also.......however, I don't expect him to collect it;-)

No apology changes what he did......he might be a champion on the field....but he ain't no champion off it.

Angry_eel

First Grade
he had sour grapes thats what it was. He wanted to say "To the parra boys, you gave us a good fight but we were just too good today" but it turned out to be "It was nice to break the record but unfortunately we weren't good enough" so he chickened out.

Bashman

Juniors
I think it confirmed that Andrew Johns, as great a player as he is, is a Bad Sport. In sport it is great to be a good winner, but you have to be a better loser. The presentation would have taken one minute to complete, hardly life-threatening in regard to his neck injury.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Someone send him a tape of the last minute of the Australia v Italy WC match, and then the 10 minutes after the game. Let him watch how Lucas Neill handled himself in a moment far bigger than that for Johns on Saturday. Neill shaking the officials hand because it was a "professional courtesy" in the toughest moment of his sporting career...

Johns acted like a goose (as opposed to a duck) for the entire second half, and it reflected in the way his team performed. Walking off with no respect was just the capping off of his terrible night (from a behaviour point of view)...

eelsta

Bench
ask yourselves this question woul hazem react the same way if it was him,

No he wouldnt WHY because he has class, johns let every one down on sat night, most of all the knights fans who were at the game!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Did the game in which Halligan broke the record end up a loss?

Angry_eel

First Grade
Timmah said:
Did the game in which Halligan broke the record end up a loss?
don't worry about other players mate. Not only didn't he have the courtesy for his own fans but no courtesy for parra fans, for parra club, for RL community, for Jason Taylor, the man who held the record for four years.

No Win ever felt better because the greatest player in the game acted like a sook.

IanG

Coach
While I'm sure that he appreciates the trouble that the Parramatta club went to I try to look at it from his perspective. Would you wanna hang around at the end of a match when your team has played like hairy goats? No, I'd wanna be out of there ASAP. Just like me as a spectator when we've gone like busteds I don't hang around

Johns is the fiercest competitor in the game.he wants to win every match he plays and a loss cuts deep.it was a thrashing..sure.But i think that at the moment of leaving the field and going back to the sheds..his mind was elsewhere rather than a personal goal.Its a team sport and he let the team down and each other down.

While it was a great jesture..and i wouldnt personally do it i think the competitor in him was bruised and battered and the team played poorly.I wouldnt do it personaly and i can understand peoples attitude,I also think that Johns,s pride was hurting and im sure it was abitter pill to swollow.

James_Hardie

Juniors
James_Hardie said:
Someone send him a tape of the last minute of the Australia v Italy WC match, and then the 10 minutes after the game. Let him watch how Lucas Neill handled himself in a moment far bigger than that for Johns on Saturday. Neill shaking the officials hand because it was a "professional courtesy" in the toughest moment of his sporting career...

Johns acted like a goose (as opposed to a duck) for the entire second half, and it reflected in the way his team performed. Walking off with no respect was just the capping off of his terrible night (from a behaviour point of view)...

I just got plagerised! I heard this word for word on 2SM?!

What's the go "David", whoever you are....!

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
If the Knights win he would be humble and accept the rewards. You have to take the good and the bad. If you lose the Grand Final you still have to make a speech....

Danish

Referee
If i were in Johns's position i really doubt i would be caring about a meaningless point scoring record after getting 40 put on you by one of the worst teams in the comp.

Good on him for actually showing some club passion. Frankly i would think less of him if he were to come out and be all smiles for the presentation. At least we know he geniunely cares about his club.

Afterall, no player is bigger than the game.

Snoop

Coach
Danish said:
If i were in Johns's position i really doubt i would be caring about a meaningless point scoring record after getting 40 put on you by one of the worst teams in the comp.

And what if Newcastle had put 40 on Parramatta? I guess it the point scoring would have been the icing on the cake huh?

And you wouldn't have cared that the opposing team, coached by the old record holder, had gone to great lengths to honour an player from another club?

Danish said:
Good on him for actually showing some club passion.

Club passion? He was being a spoilt, selfish brat.

Good on him for showing disrespect for JT, Parramatta and the fans as well I guess?

Danish said:
Frankly i would think less of him if he were to come out and be all smiles for the presentation. At least we know he geniunely cares about his club.

Why, because he didn't accept the game ball from the old record holder? How does that equate to caring about his club. He was licking his wounds and didn't want the world to see it.

Danish said:
Afterall, no player is bigger than the game.

Which is exactly why he should have shown some respect.

Just when you thought the Newcastle fans were fair minded along come this latest bunch of Joey tragics.

Snoop

Coach
Holla if ya hear me said:
your opinion snoopster77.you can make a case for both sides..

One case holds water while the other is a strainer. See if you can work out which is which.