What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone here get into MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiznit

Coach
has anyone heard of a rumour going around that the UFC are wanting to do a PPV in Brazil... with the Co-Main Events being Machida V Rampage & BJ Penn V Demien Maia at welterweight.

a workmate of mine told me he heard that... ive trawled everywhere and found nothing...

shiznit

Coach
Maia V Penn makes no f**king sense at all... other than they both have kick arse BJJ.

but BJ found GSP's size advantage too much to overcome so ive got no idea how he will handle an even larger Maia.

Mind you... ive heard hes actually fought Machida... so hes got some balls...

what happens to the winner?? fight GSP?? im not all that keen to see GSP V Penn again... and Maia V GSP is hardly blockbuster

quite frankly... as Sliva should ease past Sonnen i would pencil in Silva V GSP in Brazil.... then if its a close fight they can have the re-match in Canada..

Last edited:

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
I love the bloke and hes one of the reasons i started watching ufc.... but enough is enough he should be retired.... what happened to dana saying he wasn't going to let him fight again

Last edited:

tokerShark

Juniors
the first the fight on the ppv rory mcdonald vs carlos condit was sick, Cro Crop starting to look good again, pat barry could of finished him in the first if he jumped on him the 2nd time he knocked him down, but he didnt and cro crop kept getting better as the fight went longer.
How tough is rich franklin, i watched the fight a 2nd time and he throws and lands a few punches with that broken arm.
TUF 11 finale should be good next week, Noke gets a fight on the undercard.

Stonecutter

First Grade
the first the fight on the ppv rory mcdonald vs carlos condit was sick, Cro Crop starting to look good again, pat barry could of finished him in the first if he jumped on him the 2nd time he knocked him down, but he didnt and cro crop kept getting better as the fight went longer.
How tough is rich franklin, i watched the fight a 2nd time and he throws and lands a few punches with that broken arm.
TUF 11 finale should be good next week, Noke gets a fight on the undercard.

Who won between Carlos and Rory? I missed the first hour or so.

tokerShark

Juniors
rory was winning the first 2 rounds IMO, but carlos scored a tko with 8 seconds left in the third. if it didnt get stopped rory probably would of got the nod from the judges.
Dont forget 11am sunday the ultimate finale live on fuel.

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
My mystar is full of UFC at the moment. UFC unleashed & UFC 110 was on One. Ultimate Fighter series 1 on Fuel and counting down till Sunday. Should be a good card. Looking forward to Hamill v Jardine. Couple of ultimate fighters from early seasons. Court to dominate in the final though.

Carnifex

Juniors
Hope Mccray gets KO'ed. Hope Attonito crushes Yagers face in aswell. And ofcourse hope Noke gets a win over Bryant.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Was never a big MMA fan. Then I got UFC Undisputed 2010, and I LOVE it. I watched the videos in the game (the Brock Lesnar-Frank Mir fight for the title was intense, what with Brock refusing to touch gloves with Mir at the start and all), and now I am really getting into MMA. I am not an expert by any means, but I really appreciate the sport now.

How does Lashley go? I am a pro wrestling fan, and when Brock went to MMA many people laughed, but I personally felt he could go well because he's a freakish athlete. Lashley is similar but with better wrestling skills, so he'll be more of a threat on the mat than Lesnar IMO.

Favourite fighter would have to be Frank Mir.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Have Carwin and Lesnar fought yet? Who do you guys like? I like Lesnar, but I have to say I am very impressed with Shane Carwin.

Jono078

Referee
Lasley is pretty similar to Lesbar really.

Both have good power, big athletic guys. Good wrestling background buy both have suspect chins and average standup.

I think based on what I said above Carwin will KO Lesnar in the 1st round. Although it will be Interesting what happens if Lesnar catches Carwin first.

Their fight is coming up in 11 days, the following Sunday I think. Can't wait :D

You picked a poor fav fighter, Mir is a c**k. He wanted to Kill lesnar in the ring he said himself.

Also if you can google don frye vs hong man choi. Classic mma fight also hilarious.

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
From what I know of Lashley's wrestling background, I think he will turn out to be a better prospect than Lesnar - and Lesnar is doing OK!

But neither one will offer that much resistance if they get taken down. They rely heavily on power.

What impressed me was how composed Lesnar was when he crushed Mir - Mir is my favourite fighter (I've read up on him and watched videos and he's my guy now), and Lesnar was calm, collected and once the fight went to the ground, he simply dominated Mir.

But Shane Carwin is a beast - probably the only guy who can match Lesnar for sheer power. I am very interested to see how this fight pans out.

Jono078

Referee
Don't know if you read the edit but yeh you should reconsider your fav fighter, Mir is an overated douche.

It's funny though, MMA has exploded recently, I got into it through UFC undisputed 2009 lol.

Also if you can find on the net, UFC did a show with the top 100 fights countdown. Must watch really it's great and gets you up to speed with some of the history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts