What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone still want to sack Flanno?

snout

First Grade
Hasler
Taylor
Maguire
Daley
Duds the lot.

Matt Elliott
Rick Stone
Sacked from every club they've coached.

Could scour the assistant coaching ranks for guys like Potter.

The Walker bros...hhmm.
Innovative And at least they think deeply about the game and leave no stone unturned to find a solution to something not working.

Anyway. Flanno is going nowwhere.

Last edited:

shaggs

Coach
I want him gone, not because of the last game and not because of this season... the bloke can't coach. He is a man manager.

Agree with most of this. All except the last line.
I reckon he has lost the dressing room. The control he once had over the squad who looked like they wanted to rip in every game, has gone.

Craigshark

First Grade
It does seem like the players aren’t listening to him anymore? Maybe they realise Flano ball doesn’t work in 2018, but the coach has nothing else? How is it possible for us to be still playing the same style of football as what we were in 2015?

Weaponhead

Coach
Suddenly greeny can’t coach too ey?
Green is an interesting one. Very conservative game plan. Almost Flanno ball but has the talent of Thurston and Morgan and the power of Taumololo to provide points.

This season they have really lost their edge. Key players going ordinary. Coote out hurts them (although he played against the dogs).

Greens test will be transitioning the team post Thurston. Can he get Morgan back to 17 form.

Weaponhead

Coach
Maybe it’s a case of teams full of World Cup players are still rooted from it.
Possibly. Big name squads largely not aiming up yet.

In good news for the Sharks we probably won't have any origin reps.

Just need to hang in until mid season then could go on a run. It's a strange comp this one

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I don't see you offering the same leeway with Braily, who is clearly playing Flannoball.

And since we're in a thread about wanting to sack the coach.... Yes.

I want him gone, not because of the last game and not because of this season... the bloke can't coach. He is a man manager.

That would be fine if he wasn't so pig headed and willing to accept help however he is constantly looking over his shoulder at people who could potentially replace him.

James Shepherd was a big loss. He seems to be doing a great job at Newy with Brownie.

However the buck stops with the coach, so if he's not willing bring credentialed staff on to help coach and he's not able to coach then he should go.

What do I mean by not able to coach? He won a premiership...

He can get players up for a game, he can get them ready, however if there isn't a player with the ability to read, control and play the game, he's not going to be able to teach them.

Ennis, Barber and Maloney were all pieces he needed to win the premiership and all of them fell into his lap by being kicked out of their teams. Now without them, Gal is running the team and Flanno's not righting the ship.

We won't see the team grow or evolve unless we sign a player who can do that for us out on the field. Flanno hoped Moylan would be that player, he wasn't.

I'd have gone for Nathan Brown but that ship has sailed. Now I'm not sure what to do.

I'll put my hand up and say while I want him gone, I don't know if there's anyone better on the open market that can replace him.

Context. He wasn’t the subject matter. What do you wanna know? I’m happy to help you understand things.

How good was Dugans pass for the try assist huh? HUH? Who would of thought

Ads

First Grade
I’d like to see the walker brothers for sure. I’m bored of the way we play and at a minimum they would definitely spice up the attack. Saying that I have zero knowledge on how they have been going, assuming after their team got picked apart they’ve had to rebuild.

Chimp

Bench
Wade grahams attitude and form are a concern.
It speaks of something other than whats happening on the field.
Wade looks like he's put on too much timber to me - he looks bigger than he has ever been and appears to have lost some athleticism.