What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barba the merkin

GONZO72

Juniors
Jealousy is a curse. Just cause you have watched the Bulldogs win more comps than your team has while you have been alive. Suck it up princess. You going to have to get used to it, cause it's what the Bulldogs do.

As for Barba, let him go to Brisbane, and get it done now so that he is happy knowing he leaves at the end of the season, and we may get some of his best footy out of him with his head in the right place.

Jealous of what , you fool ? The dogs have won one premiership in almost 20 years.
They were disgraced in 2002, for cheating the salary cap. That was so funny.
Involved in a scandal at Coffs Harbour, which brought the game into disrepute.
Got the dirty wooden spoon in 2008.
Have gone from being "the family club" to the toxic club, where players are bending over backwards to leave.
Again in 2013, the toxic club have had to deny rumours of player dysfunction, brawls at training, innuendo of what Barba gets up to etc etc
And speaking of Barba, how sad was it, to see him basically tell his club to piss off on live TV last night.
To top it off, your rubbish club have won just over 50% of matches this season, and have Buckley's chance of winning the premiership.

Is that enough for you Dogs of War, or do you wish to become another statistic like Bulldog Force ?

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
A transfer fee would work for some clubs but not for others. The Donks have a bottomless pit of cash, but a lot of clubs struggle in that department

Still goes against the salary cap mate. If Barba wants to go that badly, the Broncos pay the Dogs one year of his contract, which essentially means he's playing one year up there short of his his Bulldogs coin.

Say for example he's on 300k & the Broncs say 400k, then he only gets 100k of it. 300k in cash for the Doggies. Thats good money for facilities, staff etc

Lets see how much he really needs to leave on compassionate grounds then.

Bulldogs get cash and cap space at the worst.

Packy

Bench
With players wanting out, why aren't clubs wising up to the fact that the players contract with them is collateral to be used in bargaining?

Do Brisbane have a player the Dogs would want? Trade.

Do they not have a player they would want? Transfer fee.

Makes the Roosters and SBW look smarter and smarter doesn't it... merkins.

Sleep

Juniors
The writing was on the wall for him very early in the season. He was never staying. Even if the Bulldogs denied it all this time it was blatantly obvious when they made a move to try and pick up Dugan.

Mick111

Juniors
Jealous of what , you fool ? The dogs have won one premiership in almost 20 years.

One premership in 20 years?? they have one two in the last 18. I have listed the premerships in the last 20 years so you can see how they stack up against the rest of the teams

* Brisbane - 4
* Manly - 3
* Bulldogs - 2
* Newcastle - 2
* Melbourne - 2
* Dragons - 1
* Tigers - 1
* Penrith - 1
* Roosters - 1
* Sharks, Titans, Cowboys, Souths, Parra, NZ, raiders

ek999

First Grade
Still goes against the salary cap mate. If Barba wants to go that badly, the Broncos pay the Dogs one year of his contract, which essentially means he's playing one year up there short of his his Bulldogs coin.

Say for example he's on 300k & the Broncs say 400k, then he only gets 100k of it. 300k in cash for the Doggies. Thats good money for facilities, staff etc

Let the new club pay him as much as they want to pay him. But make a condition of his release that the Bronco's (or whoever he signs with) need to contribute $200k of his replacements salary for the remaining 2 years of his Bulldogs contract out of their salary cap. Let's see how deperate clubs are to get players out of existing contracts if they lose cap space to do so.

Just an idea

Bulldog Force

Referee

I actually like that idea - very much so. But here's the problem - it's logical and makes perfect sense, so you can beat your bottom dollar the NRL won't allow it!

magpie4ever

First Grade
Interest point - if his ex was moving herself (where her family resides) and the kids back to Mackay, would Barba be as keen to follow and play for the local Mackay side? Or make the XXXhours round trip to Townsville every day. I think not.

Seems like a ruse to get the super big dollars from the Broncos; who are obviously willing to pay.

God-King Dean

Immortal
462994-ben-barba.jpg

Apey

Staff member
This much was obvious as soon he started sporting that androtrop haircut.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I actually like that idea - very much so. But here's the problem - it's logical and makes perfect sense, so you can beat your bottom dollar the NRL won't allow it!

I think you'll find they will - just not right now.

The game has been stuck in the mud for years with the Gallop puppet regime in place simply to keep costs down so News could pocket the profits.

Now the game is free. But and its a big But -

There is a lot of shit to undo before they can move forward.

If you look at what they're doing now, well, IMO, they're following everything the NFL does.

To me, that is fantatsic. The NFL is the biggest and best run sporting business in the world. Thats not say they are anywhere near perfect, but with the new management teams business acumen, we'll see a much freer market when it comes to the cap and how teams that lose players mid contract can actually negotiate so that they can benefit either by Cash, players, or both.

Long way to go & would probably require a better junior set up not run by the clubs on order to introduce a Draft to work best, but I believe we're heading in the right direction.

The downside is that one club players who aren't superstars are a thing of the past & that clubs are being driven towards a franchise, rather than a community model.

So be it, I say. Its a revolution.

Bring it on.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I wonder if his kids had moved to Perth or Adelaide if he would be asking for a release to move near them?

Fire

First Grade
I have enough trouble keeping my own life in order, than to have time to give a shit about Barba's personal life.

Awesome player, would take him in a heart-beat.

Oh, that's right right, we've got Dugan.

As youse were.

Latest posts