What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Te'o cleared by police

gUt

Coach
To be fair the number of people who were definitely anti-woman from the get go was pretty close to the number who declared Te'o should be stomped to paste. Most of us were wanting to wait and see.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
The tweets, which were removed soon after, referred to the woman as a ?psycho? and claimed she had the friend of the cricketer being sent to jail for two months.
So she has a track record of being involved in altercations and has pursued court orders previously. Interesting. The truth will come out eventually. I'd like to see Norman come out with his side of the story.

unbreaK

Juniors
Chris Lynn's tweet confirms my suspicions that she's a trouble maker just looking for attention and publicity.

And this occurs almost everytime a player is in the media, fans take the footballer's side everytime.
Disturbing to say the least.
People should be impartial.

Fans might take the players side , but the media and other people all too often take the victims side.

Honestly I think a lot of the fans are simply reacting to the bias showed by the media.

If the media genuinely came out and took a more impartial view , there would be a different reaction from many fans IMO.

Fans might take the players side , but the media and other people all too often take the victims side.

Honestly I think a lot of the fans are simply reacting to the bias showed by the media.

If the media genuinely came out and took a more impartial view , there would be a different reaction from many fans IMO.

I was going to say the same thing when I saw Shorty's post.

If you only listen to 9 and the telegraph on this incident, then Te'o is up there with Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer.

Nowhere in what has come from those outlets, do you see the other side of the story.

What most people here seem to be saying is that on the evidence presented, both stories look a little sketchy. The police investigated at the time and nothing came of that so perhaps we should put away the torches and stay the mob for a few days until we hear and see some more evidence either way.

magpie4ever

First Grade
He's trolling, but he creates hits for the site so the powers that be won't ban him.

You goose, if having and expressing an opinion (answering or asking a question) is trolling then everyone on this site is a troll.

The problem with your crew of dipsticks is if someone has a different or varied opinion, they are immediately a troll.

You want a vanilla gaylord convention where everyone agrees with everyone else. Pissing in each others pockets.

My opinion of this supposed incident.

Ben Teo has every right to continue playing.

The NRL integrity commission has every right to investigation the matter and hand down a finding.

Maximus

Coach
That cricketers tweet changes my opinion a bit.

Why? We don't know anything about that situation. All we have is that the police thought that there was enough evidence to charge his mate, and that the courts thought there was sufficient evidence to throw him in jail. Oh and Lynn's opinion that his mate did nothing wrong. We don't know if Lynn was present at the time of the alleged crime, or if he is just taking his mate's version of events (everyone in jail is innocent, just ask them). His tweet means nothing in this situation until we find out more information on those events.

caspersparks

Juniors
She is from my small country town in NSW, I've only spoken to her a couple of times, and yeah, lets just say i would not be taking anything she says as gospel. Who knows what really happened though.

Someone gets on twitter and says she's bad news and people believe that shit without any evidence :lol:

She might be bad news but what are you basing your opinion off? Just looking for a reason not to believe her that's all.

As someone else says hopefully there are charges laid purely to find out what happened otherwise this will be s murky 'he said, she said' saga dragging the game through the mud.

Maximus

Coach
Nowhere in what has come from those outlets, do you see the other side of the story.

There is very little anywhere on the other side because nobody on the other side is talking. Teo's statement that he acted appropriately means nothing as it says nothing about the events, and the smh story is rather light on details as to how she ended up with a black eye. It just skips that whole part and says he left.

natheel

Coach
Has Teo actually denied hitting her? And I guess its possible he was going off at Boyd but I seriously doubt it lol.

It could of happened I guess but so could of a thousand other things and to me her side of the story sounds likely since Ben doesnt seem to want to tell his side.

Ive seen drunk girls do stupid things but why would this chick get picked up by three footy players, go back to their house then start going so crazy that Teo had to smack her in the face for no reason?? These are three big men we are talking about.

Thing is they only met atthe taxi. Firstly it was Norman and teo together and Boyd and the girl showed up and went with eachother

Another story could be teo wanted her but Boyd got in first..so many things could've happened

He has probably been instructed not to tell his side. Probably let it ride see what happens and the truth will come out eventually. Or it'll just go away. He obviously doesn't want anything to come of it and neither did she originally

Last edited:

big country

Juniors
I think I knows the full story : after he said "no shoom shumming for you" she was trying to hitting him very hardly on the head with the high heeled shoe and he pushdid her away and very sad she fell over no? :cool: