What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos General Discussion

Big Pete

Referee
KFFL wasn't even considered in the Big League rookie special.

I was shocked, easily in the top 5 for me and probably one of the best wingers in the game.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Okay Pete here's one for ya.
Why haven't the Broncos ever received the recognition/respect they deserve for the amazing record they have achieved since entering the competition? No other team even comes close.

Big Pete

Referee
Too many bitter Rugby League supporters who have hated the club since McAuliffe's bid didn't succeed.

Factor in our naive retaliation song at an innocent St. George side, Super League and other capers and there's enough issues there. For the most part though, fans are just intimidated by our brand which is by far the most succesful in Rugby League.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Okay Pete here's one for ya.
Why haven't the Broncos ever received the recognition/respect they deserve for the amazing record they have achieved since entering the competition? No other team even comes close.

Why?

Bitterness, resentment and jealousy.......of course.

hellteam

First Grade
I know the colours didn't match (cause they were PNG), but how much better did we look the other night with yellow socks! They need to make a comeback, much better. The all maroon ones sucks.

00026575-Photo.jpg

user_nat

Coach
Not really a Broncos related question..

Is Lockyer the last super league era player still in the game or is there someone else?

user_nat

Coach
I did say era, so MacDougall is one I missed.

If Hicks counts, may as well throw in Mat Rogers since they have played about the same number of (NRL) games this year.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I thought maybe Civo but looked it up and his debut was in 1998 and superleague was 1997. I guess you could say he was in the "era", depends on how loosely one defines "era"...

Wiki said he began his NRL career as a centre! I guess that big step he did for the Panthers didn't come out of nowhere.

user_nat

Coach
Must have been the second slowest centre ever, after Jack Reed obviously (right Pete? :p).

I guess era is a little ambiguous. Maybe should have asked for players who played for either comp in 1997.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Must have been the second slowest centre ever, after Jack Reed obviously (right Pete? :p).

Hey now, I don't think Reed is THAT slow, he'll never play prop or be as awesome as Civo. But then again? Who is as smooth as Civo?

The Crane

Juniors
Speaking of Super League generation players - Joe Galuvao comes sooo close to scraping in - he debuted in 1998.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Now I know that Gallen being available is great for most supercoaches. But can someone pls tell me how the f**k Gallen gets off that striking charge? Even Joey Johns gave up hope on him escaping the charge.

Latest posts