What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broderick Gone

stuke

Bench
Royal was no chance of coming here while we had Hagan in charge (I use that phrase lightly).

Delboy

First Grade
By Parra Management you mean supercoach, what agood judge he was, giving him full control has come back to hammer us , and cost DF a lot of support

Rumour today was that he was simply not offered anything by the eels..:crazy:

That is incorrect,

I and a few other fans spoke with Brod at the Wenty game. Gave everyone the low down, I am not going to repeat it as I also spent time talking to his Mum about other things.

Disappointing for sure, but one of the things Brod said was it was a goal to come back.

Quigs

Immortal
sorry wrong post - I am old.

Can he come to us with bags full of money?

Cheers
Quigs

Last edited:

mickdo

Coach
That is incorrect,

I and a few other fans spoke with Brod at the Wenty game. Gave everyone the low down, I am not going to repeat it as I also spent time talking to his Mum about other things.

Disappointing for sure, but one of the things Brod said was it was a goal to come back.

So Mark, I take that to mean that he was made an offer but it just wasn't good enough for him?

Redback71

First Grade
lol..what if the sky falls??

we've spoken about this a million times Redback but you continue to harp on depth fact remains that there are players out there like Matt White and Jesse Royal that have played more games than Brod and are performing better than cayless and you're worried about depth.

I've said it a million times and I'll say it again, our problem wasn't depth ot was balancing the squad, Brod is very very replaceable infact someone like mitchel Johnston can probably do what Brod is doing this year.

That maybe so but unlike you Sydney folk who get to see all games live every week, most of us dont and therefor have no idea what quality players are coming thru the grades, all I know is for most of this year our teams have be loosing or struggling thru all grades (except Matthews and s.g), which has not happened for a while.

Redback71

First Grade
As if he will come back, if he excells at the sharks they will do what ever to keep him and where not about to pay big sums to bring him back.

Stagger eel

Staff member
That maybe so but unlike you Sydney folk who get to see all games live every week, most of us dont and therefor have no idea what quality players are coming thru the grades, all I know is for most of this year our teams have be loosing or struggling thru all grades (except Matthews and s.g), which has not happened for a while.

are you on drugs? we've won 4 reserve grade premierships in a row and our NYC/Flegg side has been in the playoffs every year for god knows how long...:lol:

rambo1

Juniors
I'm old on good authority that this is the maths Brod had to to consider. Parra $25,000 Sharks $65,000 Difference $40,000 per season.

Good luck to you Brod.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm old on good authority that this is the maths Brod had to to consider. Parra $25,000 Sharks $65,000 Difference $40,000 per season.

Good luck to you Brod.

so basically, stay as a part time player as opposed to playing in the fulltime squad at the sharks..

no brainer really...this would tell me that Ando has much bigger fish to fry.

Delboy

First Grade
As per Stagger, I don't believe we are signing fringe players until we have reviewed all options re proven NRL grade signings etc, I believe he could well have been offered a base rate NRL contract but we weren't prepared to let him know immediately.

Brod is doing the right thing and looking after himself, by the ay I think the offer from Parra was a little higher than 425k

caylo

Bench
so basically, stay as a part time player as opposed to playing in the fulltime squad at the sharks..

no brainer really...this would tell me that Ando has much bigger fish to fry.

Well i hope so because we will be short on forwards otherwise. We probably need atleast 11 players who can play frontrow or backrow. We will have;

Signed next year
Cayless
Fuifui
Hindmarsh
Mateo
Hauraki

Hopfully staying
Paulo
Mannah

That is 7 players in top 25, so we probably need 4 forwards and probably atleast to quality proven players. If we don't it may be a very long season next year aswell.

Pazza

First Grade
if the money we saved on him and some other guys like Finch, lowrie, tautai etc can be used to sign a quality forward then im happy

Jodeci

Bench
Good Luck to the kid

They are in this business for about 10 yrs and need to make the most of every opportunity and if it means going to another club then he needs to do it.

You cant blame him if he has been told that at some stage he will be given an opportunity and we not doubt we would of given him a lazy offer

Good Luck Champ

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You can't blame a bloke for taking over double of what he would be getting here. But it looks as though DA has already got a plan in place for next year, lets hope he weeds out most of the deadwood.

Avenger

Immortal
We need a halfback, the sharks need a frontrower. Why cannot we just do a swap now ? Blake Green for Wright.

Parra Guru

Coach
He had to do what was best for him. Sad to see him go, they'd better be planning something good to make up for it!

Good luck Brod.

bartman

Immortal
Brod is doing the right thing and looking after himself, by the ay I think the offer from Parra was a little higher than 425k
That's Cayless type of money... :shock: !!!

Don't worry Delboy, I know what you meant, and I hit wrong keys all the time. Just couldn't resist making the joke.

If Brod was only offered part-time squad at Parra, despite playing better than Mannah in his first grade games this year, then a) good on him for shoring up his future for next year, b) DA must be being pretty harsh in his judgements when re-signing players, and c) glad to heard Brod might want to prove himself and come back in the future.

It's a hard gap for young front rowers, once they are tpoo old for NYC... the career path will most times lead to a Wenty-type role, before the automatic promotion to first grade/full-time that many might hope for, since props generally tend to mature later than other players.

Latest posts