What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye bye Spagnolo...

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm an innocent until proven guilty man. You know, an Aussie fair go. That's just me though. Happy for justice to take its course.

Suitty

IFR33K

Coach
I'm an innocent until proven guilty man. You know, an Aussie fair go. That's just me though. Happy for justice to take its course.

Suitty

Was thinking the same. Roy sure does have bad luck. The director of eight companies sent in liquidation, ripping creditors off millions, and now these allegations.

I've said it since mid 2010, Roy is the worst thing to ever happen to our club. A f**king terminal cancer, the quicker he's f**ked off, the quicker we can put this matter to rest.

Well, clearly the big ticket allegations here are those relating to the apparently free memberships and whether the bonuses paid to Bentley were within the terms of the contract and the remuneration committee's powers. Interesting to see how that plays out. With the bonuses thing it will be hard to separate the club's appalling governance structure from the decisions made by individuals who wish to exploit it for their personal purposes.

The 'claiming expenses without proper documentation' thing seems a little weird to me. Surely any irregularity to would relate to any approval to pay such expenses in the absence of necessary evidence. And the media on which an invoice is submitted (allegedly a beer coaster) is basically irrelevant...it is the accompanying documentation (receipts etc) that matter.

Jodeci

Bench
Well, clearly the big ticket allegations here are those relating to the apparently free memberships and whether the bonuses paid to Bentley were within the terms of the contract and the remuneration committee's powers. Interesting to see how that plays out. With the bonuses thing it will be hard to separate the club's appalling governance structure from the decisions made by individuals who wish to exploit it for their personal purposes.

The 'claiming expenses without proper documentation' thing seems a little weird to me. Surely any irregularity to would relate to any approval to pay such expenses in the absence of necessary evidence. And the media on which an invoice is submitted (allegedly a beer coaster) is basically irrelevant...it is the accompanying documentation (receipts etc) that matter.

He didn't have to answer to those complained as sufficient evidence was proven at the meeting in Monday and had no case to answer

He didn't have to answer to those complained as sufficient evidence was proven at the meeting in Monday and had no case to answer

Are you talking about the expenses claim? If so, that makes sense to me....I don't actually see what the big issue was with respect to that.

emjaycee

Coach
This Roy guy sounds like a really nice bloke. Very generous with his cash and seems hard done by. We should keep him involved.
:sarcasm:

Jodeci

Bench
Are you talking about the expenses claim? If so, that makes sense to me....I don't actually see what the big issue was with respect to that.

You need to remember, the report covers a wider range of discussion points like why Catterick was sacked and then the relevant info about his case of unfair dismissal and that he successfully won his case against the club and other various things like this.

It wasn't all about Roy.

Jodeci

Bench
This Roy guy sounds like a really nice bloke. Very generous with his cash and seems hard done by. We should keep him involved.
:sarcasm:

Why don't you speak to Stagger, I'm sure he will tell u the same things as what I'm saying.

I know your not a fan of him and we all have opinions and relevant thoughts on the mater.

You should know better from speaking to people like Sid Kèlly OAM on the type of person who he is.

duck_dodgers

Juniors
don't know what the fuss is about

15k for a Ford might've been slight overs

but

90k for a Bentley

sounds ok

however the question is ...

would you buy a used car from

Spagnolo Motors ?

strider

Post Whore
clearly we don't really think it is police worthy when all we've done is revoke his membership for 2 yrs

Avenger

Immortal

You seem like a decent bloke. One day I hope we can meet and have a chat because it's obvious you love the club as much as I do.

Jodeci

Bench
You seem like a decent bloke. One day I hope we can meet and have a chat because it's obvious you love the club as much as I do.

More than happy to.

Any reason why we can't have a Christmas get together?

Stagger, we can have it at your place.

Last edited:

Suitty

I think you will find it had to find people here that don't agree with Natural Justice.

However, let me say this, if someone is accused of financial improperly but have not been convicted, and they then advertise to you to run the finances for your organisation at a rate too good to be true, do you employ them?

Allegations, do some if the dopes on this forum no what the word means?

Lots of premature ejaculation from the usual suspects.

If anything is proven to be illegal then prove it. Until then it's just allegations.

If any if it is proven then throw the book at them.

I find it weird that Roy has only been banned for two tears. You'd think by some of the Allegations he'd be banned for longer, makes me think that club arn't able to prove much at all at the moment hence the weak punishment for alleged misconduct.

strider

Post Whore
i at least know what the word no means

i agree - the 2 yr ban pretty much says there is not alot of substance/proof/whatever to the more serious stuff