What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cap disaster: Eels have no room to rebuild

He was and still is a fine coach.

However, complacency was starting to become a problem. It probably was time for him to go.

And perhaps you should give one Daniel Anderson as much esteem as you have for Smithy...I am sure he'll surprise many people.

Have nothing against DA and do think he will be good for us. I was just wondering how many of the tards who said smithy was a bad coach would like to still have him now.

I do however think this rubbish about him being stale odr past his date is pure rubbish. you can coach or you cant. just because we had one rough year means nothing. The guy is a genius and there were morons who rallied to get rid of him who now should be ashamed.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Have nothing against DA and do think he will be good for us. I was just wondering how many of the tards who said smithy was a bad coach would like to still have him now.

I do however think this rubbish about him being stale odr past his date is pure rubbish. you can coach or you cant. just because we had one rough year means nothing. The guy is a genius and there were morons who rallied to get rid of him who now should be ashamed.

He can definitely coach.

But complacency was starting to settle in - much the same as with Hagan. The difference being Smithy was a much better coach and had far more character and it didn't affect us quite as badly.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
craig fitzgibbon is the latest name linked to us in the papers.

and this one could work imo. the rooters have struggled to fit fitzy in for years, and will probably do a clear out.

fitzy could play for a season whilst we wait for cayless to expire.

cayless
keating
fui fui
fitzy
hindy
mateo

i like it :D

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't mind Fitzy, actually. I laughed inwardly when he was chosen to play at prop at Origin level but he did a good job imo.

Not a flashy player but he gets the job done. He and Hindy have worked well together at rep level, so why not at club level?

Not my ideal choice of a signing, mind you, but I feel we could do far worse.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
a bit old and past it

prefer money spent on someone else

i didn't say that i don't.

just being realistic about who we can get. if poore give us the a, there ain't too much left, so why not use a very good top-gap for the 1 season we've crippled thanks to cayless, and then hit the market hard the year after?

Craig Johnston

First Grade
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...e/justin-poore-ready-to-pull-pin/1513625.aspx

Buckingham said negotiations with his client had broken down.

"It's at a standstill - they've put an offer in and we're not happy with that," Buckingham said.

"They've (the Dragons) had an offer on the table for a couple of weeks now and we've met them on Tuesday and they haven't budged."

Cronulla and Parramatta are vying for the 24 year-old's signature, with Brisbane also an outside chance of snaring Poore's services.
The Sharks have room under their salary cap and are in the market for a front-rower after Ben Ross suffered a potentially career-ending neck injury earlier this season.

Ross, off-contract at the end of this season, was one of the highest paid props in the game and it has allowed the Sharks to make a considerable offer to Poore - and it appears the Dragons aren't willing to compete.

"Without going into depth with the other offers, the offer from St George is substantially lower than his market value and we won't be accepting the offer. We've explained that to them," Buckingham said.
"It's a big difference. We've explained at those levels that we won't be staying at the Dragons."

he's a real chance :D

SDM

First Grade
I like Fitzgibbon, as long as the deal was only a year, I'd be all for it.

Gronk

Staff member
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...e/justin-poore-ready-to-pull-pin/1513625.aspx

Buckingham said negotiations with his client had broken down.

"It's at a standstill - they've put an offer in and we're not happy with that," Buckingham said.

"They've (the Dragons) had an offer on the table for a couple of weeks now and we've met them on Tuesday and they haven't budged."

Cronulla and Parramatta are vying for the 24 year-old's signature, with Brisbane also an outside chance of snaring Poore's services.
The Sharks have room under their salary cap and are in the market for a front-rower after Ben Ross suffered a potentially career-ending neck injury earlier this season.

Ross, off-contract at the end of this season, was one of the highest paid props in the game and it has allowed the Sharks to make a considerable offer to Poore - and it appears the Dragons aren't willing to compete.

"Without going into depth with the other offers, the offer from St George is substantially lower than his market value and we won't be accepting the offer. We've explained that to them," Buckingham said.
"It's a big difference. We've explained at those levels that we won't be staying at the Dragons."

he's a real chance :D

<uses Jedi mind trick> Justin, you WILL sign for Parramatta.
jedi.gif

SDM

First Grade
Hopefully the sharks are bigger financial deadbeats then we are, and he chooses us.

Stagger eel

Staff member
He'll sign with the Sharks because of their offer, no more no less.....

well, Poore and his mangement are going to have to demand an iron clad contract that will guarantee every cent of his contract to be paid to him, are cronulla in a position to do that?

Avenger

Immortal
well, Poore and his mangement are going to have to demand an iron clad contract that will guarantee every cent of his contract to be paid to him, are cronulla in a position to do that?

No. The St George Bank are the only secured creditors.