What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears release new logo, aiming for 2012 inclusion

Nuke

Staff member
That logo is absolute wank.

What is wrong with their current one?

Reminds of when Canterbury for no apparent reason changed their logo from a Bulldog to a squinting cat.
I'll admit I prefer the older logo (the one from 1997 onwards - the one in the sheild-shaped badge as opposed to the round one), however I know they're trying to make a clean start from the Central Coast instead of trying to come across as a relocated former Sydney team, so I understand them going for a new logo.

Luckily for 'Follow Me To Carlton', Canterbury are changing their logo for 2010, so the squinty dog logo will be put to sleep soon!

Loudstrat

Coach
This is a slur and an untruth i cannot continue to let pass.
If you have any idea, a lot of my posts are tongue and cheek, laden with sarcasm.
My signature does not suggest in any way my wish for Sydney clubs to die but rather it explains why Melbourne are a target by Sydney clubs who through misinformation by the Sydney media continue to cast aspersions on our club which only has good intentions of spreading the NRL message to new territories.

I request you withdraw your remark an make an unfettered apology to all Melbourne fans who only have good intentions for the game of rugby league

It is you Loudmouth who have NFI.

Bullsh*t. Your signature is nothing but 'Blame Sydney".

Smith was suspended ofer a horrible tackle on Thaiday for Brisbane. Yet you blame Sydney.

The biggest enemy you have in media is at AFL biased Melbourne sports journalism and their cohorts in radio and tv. Yet you blame Sydney.

Your average home crowd last year was worse than all but one Sydney team - yet you want to punish Sydney.

Last week Storm fans bagged Cronulla's poor crowd against Penrith as an example of why Sydney should be decimated - yet you ignore good crowds drawn to home games from Souths, Canterbury, Manly and Penrith - and a pretty good MNF crowd last night. You ignore Canberra's crowds being in the same ballpark - something I am not concerned with because of the collossal amount that Canberra brings to our game in terms of cultural capital.

And now you selfishly wish to deny the Bears and the CC an opportunity to combine to produce a product that will only benefit and strengthen the code - what's it to you wether the Bears exist or not? Apart from the fact that you would lose your only junior supplier - because you can't organise one from Victoria - but it doesn't stop Sydneysiders from accepting your team as part of the NRL tapestry.

Many times Sydney has forgone an Origin match so Melbourne could have one.

But still, it's all Sydney's fault.

We even accepted you even though your first CEO was responsible for decimating all the great expansion or our game outside Sydney into every major population centre between Townsville, Perth and Auckland. The same CEO who wrought the loss of the identity of SEVEN Sydney teams, with only Manly and Souths, after long battles lasting multiple years, regaining their place in the game.

Sydney fans, despite the rampant decimation of 7 of our clubs, and the genocide of 5 expansion clubs by your CEO, welcomed you.

Our reward?

Blame Sydney.

Calling you a rampant brainless f*cktard is being generous!

Re-admit the Bears, split up Wests/Balmain and Dragons/Illawarra. Make them all stand alone from 2011.

Then just leave it to survival of the fittest. Don't vote them out, breed them out.

Knightmare

Coach
I'll admit I prefer the older logo (the one from 1997 onwards - the one in the sheild-shaped badge as opposed to the round one), however I know they're trying to make a clean start from the Central Coast instead of trying to come across as a relocated former Sydney team, so I understand them going for a new logo.

Luckily for 'Follow Me To Carlton', Canterbury are changing their logo for 2010, so the squinty dog logo will be put to sleep soon!

The Bulldogs are changing their logo next year? How do you know this?

The game is just regaining the pre SL War stability, why would you want to do that?

Easiest way to clear the air on teams moving or merging or shouldn't have been forced to merge by the evil News Ltd etc etc is to just tell the teams that from 2011 they can go back to whatever they want.

If that's stay together as West Tigers fine, if it's split into Wests and Balmain, fine. Just let it all happen. Welcome back Bears, hello Adelaide, good to see you again Reds. Screw political posturing and lobbying , just let them all in.

Then, stand back and let it all sort itself out, but on their own merits, crowds and cash flow.

If by 2020 all the teams still survive, well done. If 4-5 have died, that's because they aren't sustainable. Leave it all to them. If after a year or 2 Wests and Balmain are sinking and want to go back to being in bed together, let em.

Just let survival and good business and crowds decide, rather than suits and accountants voting them in or out based on a MS Excel spreadsheet.

babyg

Juniors
I must admit that I am a sydney basher but I do think that the Bears would be a great inclusion for the NRL. THe NRL needs more presence from North Sydney through to CC.

My top 3 and I'll be content.
Bring back the Bears.
Bring back the Western Reds
Cronulla adopt Adelaide.

A National comp. If Adelaide and Perth started getting TV coverage then the NRL is on its way.

Brycey

Juniors
Mate, your reply is hilarious. I would have pulled your pants down but you've just done it with your own reply.

You come out with this massive anti-Sydney stance but as soon as the blowtorch is applied to your beloved Roosters your stance does a 180 degree u-turn. It's the classical "lets kick Sydney teams out unless it's my team" arguement.

Teams that rely heavily on juniors? Hmmm... let's see:

St. George Ilawarra
NZ Warriors
Parramatta
Penrith
Wests Tigers
Canberra (if you also include soutern NSW)
Newcastle
Brisbane
North Queensland
South Sydney

You look through those rosters and you'll find plenty of local juniors there.

How ISN'T juniors important? Without juniors there is no game! And the Roosters are not pulling their weight in developing juniors. But of course, you would expect a Roosters supporter to dismiss juniors as not important for any team's criteria for admission to the NRL and that's sort of, well, an inconvenient and awkward arguement for Roosters fans.

As for the overall expansion plan and the fact that NSW has too many teams, I am not anti-expansion to Adelaide, Perth or anywhere else. All I am saying is the Central Coast deserve a team of their own. A vast league-mad area from the Harbour Bridge to Lake Maquarie with a ready made stadium, fans, and an abundance of juniors with a population of approx 1 million people is not to be sneezed at.

Whether you think they should take priority over Adelaide, or Perth is your opinion and you are entitled to it. We can agree to disageree on the priority of order for teams to be admitted.

As for relocating a Sydney team, would you be able to accept the Sydney Roosters relocating to Central Coast? If you can't accept that, then you are the biggest hypocrite going around. Your pants aint down, they're totally off!

And like I said you need to look at a map, because the people of the Central Coast would be offended if you called them 'Sydney-centric' because THE CENTRAL COAST IS NOT SYDNEY. A bit of a grammatical lesson ... maybe you meant 'NSW-centric'?

It's a bit like me caling Gold Coast 'Brisbane-centric'.
lol at some of the teams you have listed, Broncos recruit most of theirs outside of Brisbane, South Sydney have 60-70% of their top squad from imports, Newcastle have bought imports the last few years. Most promising juniors come from areas without RL teams.

LOL at the pants off comment, I have never endorsed any Sydney team getting kicked out...only stated that they should either relocate and that another Sydney team should not be brough back in...and seeing as the Bears would be playing 2 games in Sydney they will be dilluting the market even more. For the record if my team had to relocate for the greater good of the game I would be all for it, but to say we should get kicked out for the fact we have no juniors is laughable.

And I have never claimed that CC is apart of Sydney you douche, all I have stated is that it is Sydney-centric minded, which it is.

And I think you need a larger vocabulary...the word you were looking for is geographical, not grammatical lol. Whose pants are down again?

And no I stand by the Sydney-centric comment, it is too close to Sydney and a team that close is not warranted.

Keep jumping to conclusions mate, put words in my mouth and claim that my 'pants are down'.

Your a clown who can't even put a sentence together, the Bears are dead and for good reason.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
lol at some of the teams you have listed, Broncos recruit most of theirs outside of Brisbane, South Sydney have 60-70% of their top squad from imports, Newcastle have bought imports the last few years. Most promising juniors come from areas without RL teams.

LOL at the pants off comment, I have never endorsed any Sydney team getting kicked out...only stated that they should either relocate and that another Sydney team should not be brough back in...and seeing as the Bears would be playing 2 games in Sydney they will be dilluting the market even more. For the record if my team had to relocate for the greater good of the game I would be all for it, but to say we should get kicked out for the fact we have no juniors is laughable.

And I have never claimed that CC is apart of Sydney you douche, all I have stated is that it is Sydney-centric minded, which it is.

And I think you need a larger vocabulary...the word you were looking for is geographical, not grammatical lol. Whose pants are down again?

And no I stand by the Sydney-centric comment, it is too close to Sydney and a team that close is not warranted.

Keep jumping to conclusions mate, put words in my mouth and claim that my 'pants are down'.

Your a clown who can't even put a sentence together, the Bears are dead and for good reason.

Learn some history, you arrogant twat.

You crap on about the good of the game - but you're happy to have an establishment club cheated - having been the only club to genuinely relocate based on NRL guarantee of a licence. Then, you list all the reasons why the CC Bears should have been there in the first place.

I have no doubt that Easts would jump at flicking their fans and moving to Gosford because you are now a marginalised suburban club with no juniors whose backers will soon give it away - just like Delmege at Manly.

the CC bears reinstatement is the right and business savvy move. Only backroom deals will stop this - again.

Navjot

Juniors
I say good luck to the bears if they can get back in at the c.coast, as an old magpies supporter i have embraced the wests tigers from the start and wouldnt want to go back as stand alone, im sure stgeorge illa fans are probably the same,ive seen my team win a comp which i thought i never would so i wouldnt change a thing.So Timmah dont pass comment on things you have no idea about.

Loudstrat

Coach
The logo doesn't grab me either, but maybe it will warm on me. It's better than some - Dogs, Sharks and even our logo can do with some major refurbishment. Yet, gone are the days of the front on angry look (thankfully Wests and Raiders stuck to it - and still love the Souths bunny that has been spared the need to look like a killer).

Still to see that logo on the breast of 17 NRL players will be a Godsend. And I love the momentum that is building - I cannot wait for it to happen!

t-ba

Post Whore
Good luck Bears!!!

I look forward to laughing at your mediocrity once more!

No it isn't. You go to Gosford and tell someone there that they are Sydney-centric. You would be lucky to leave alive!

Norths were about to do what the NRL has been crying about - a Sydney team relocating to the Central Coast. It may have taken over a decade, but I really hope they finally do get their chance to play out of Gosford.

Bluebags1908

Juniors

Re: your juniors comment. Why don't you open your eyes and check out the number of juniors in each 25 man squad? And not just for this year, but historically for the past 10 years? All those teams I listed regularly have local juniors in their squads, and not only that, they have thriving junior leagues so they develop players not just for their team but for other teams to sign which is can only be for the overall good of the game. All teams pull their weight and contribute to the talent pool through their junior leagues - except the Roosters (and Melbourne, but their case is understandable). Unfortunately the Roosters have a smaller junior league than most and rarely have a local junior in their first grade line-up.

In brushing aside my comments by merely saying "but to say we should get kicked out for the fact we have no juniors is laughable" is a typical answer from a typical Roosters fan. Go say that comment to a Penrith fan and see what answer you would get. What else would you expect a Roosters fan to say? Again, I repeat: WITHOUT JUNIORS THERE IS NO GAME. If every club had a junior League like the Roosters there would be no game!

Re: your 'Sydney-centric' comments. Again, for the mentally and geographically deficient - CENTRAL COAST IS NOT A PART OF SYDNEY AND SO IS NOT SYDNEY-CENTRIC. If you said to anyone of the Central Coast that they are Sydney-centric you would get a smack in the head. I acknowledge that the Bears would be a revived Sydney team but if they relocate to the Central Coast I can't see anything but a tremendous boost and do only good for the game to see a return of one of the foundation clubs. All your previous posts up until the latest one (where a light bulb was turned on in your head and you correct yourself) talk as if Central Coast is a part of Sydney. If you think the Central Coast don't warrant a team (other than a relocated existing Sydney team) because it's geographically too close to Sydney then fine that's your opinion but there are many that disagree with you. Don't forget you started this debate with a completely different argument by commenting along the lines that "there is no push from the Central Coast for a team" because "they don't fill their stadium when they get games there"... your initial gripe implies that the Central Coast shouldn't get a team full-stop because the people don't support it in numbers.

Re: "I have never endorsed any Sydney team getting kicked out...". Well under your criteria, if a Sydney team doesn't end up relocating and a Sydney team doesn't get kicked out then how will Central Coast get a team?

Re: Grammatical/geographical error - well done shakesphere, if that's the best you can do to get back at me then it's pretty weak and just shows you've lost the argument. I think most forum posters on here can see that it's your grammar and geography that needs a brush-up, not mine.

Your problem is that you started by raising aspersions on Central Coast people and Bears fans by saying comments along the lines of "where's the push from the Central Coast for a franchise" because "they don't fill their stadium when the NRL takes games there", yet your creditibility was laid bare when we found out that your claim to fame was that "I lived in Newcastle for 12 years and visited the Central Coast from time to time".

If you don't think Central Coast shouldn’t get a team because it's too close to Sydney then fair enough but why didn't you just say that at the beginning? Your initial argument had nothing to do with geography and being close to Sydney - it was to do with Bears fans and the people of the Central Coast not being desperate enough in pushing for a team and therefore don't deserve one.

Don't push your agenda by directly bagging people that want a team in their district or want their team back. If you think the Bears shouldn't get in because it's too close to Sydney then just say that without offending the people that want a team there or want their team back. The tables were turned on you when I bagged the Roosters about relocating because of their lack of juniors and you didn't like it!

I was merely pointing out that if the same criterion was applied to Adelaide and Perth then they wouldn't get a franchise either because the majority of people in Perth or Adelaide aren’t pushing for a team either (although I acknowledge the excellent work the WA Reds are doing). You are entitled to your opinion and I am all for expansion to Perth and Adelaide, but let's just have the NRL decide which 2 teams are the best candidates shall we?

Nothing wrong with my vocabulary mate! I'll send you an Atlas for Xmas.

Last edited:
I support the re-admission of this great and noble club 100%

lets examine the words great and noble when they are connected with the dead bears

great - hahahahaha!!!!!!! how can this club be great when they won SFA since 1922 and got smashed all over the park

noble - they would not know the meaning of the word, they were broke when Manly merged with them......and then what did they do, they tried to knife the manly half of the JV to steal the licence

MayMoo

Juniors
lets examine the words great and noble when they are connected with the dead bears

great - hahahahaha!!!!!!! how can this club be great when they won SFA since 1922 and got smashed all over the park

noble - they would not know the meaning of the word, they were broke when Manly merged with them......and then what did they do, they tried to knife the manly half of the JV to steal the licence

We would never have merged with you clowns if we'd had a say.

You on the other hand voted to merge to fleece 8 million and then steal back to Brookvale, where you never really left anyway.

Don't try and re-write history jizzer.

Hope you hang around long enough to get smashed over the park, which the Bears have accomplished many times against the Delmeagles.

RL1908

Bench
Looks like the CC Bears v Knights local rivalry is getting off to an early start...

KNIGHTS CLAIM CENTRAL COAST
Stephen Mount - Newcastle Knights

Tuesday, March 24, 2009
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=4179

The Newcastle Knights will increase their presence on the Central Coast ahead of this weekend’s Knights v Rabbitohs clash at Bluetongue Stadium.

This Thursday the entire First Grade squad will set up camp in Wyong where a full training session will be conducted for local schools and sporting clubs.

Former club Captain, Tony Butterfield says Newcastle’s stranglehold has traditionally stretched to the northern banks of the Hawkesbury River and any push to claim the turf will be met with a challenge from the Knights.

“We are one of the most supported teams on the Central Coast, and many of the coast juniors have been through our system right up to NRL level. So we’re going to do whatever it takes moving forward to give value back to our fans.”

Thursday’s training session will be followed by a meet and greet for the local community where junior footballers and sporting groups will have the opportunity to spend some personal time with the Knights.

CEO, Steve Burraston said the Central Coast has always been an important region for the Knights, but is now a major focus in the club’s future strategy to attract 10,000 ticketed members by 2010.

“The Storm, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Manly and Norths have all moved in on different occasions but no-one has committed to the region on any scale.”

“I’m first to recognise the Knights have not concentrated on this vital region to the degree we should have but we can’t dwell on the past.

“What matters is what effort we put into the region moving forward.

“To just sit back and let other clubs move into one of our traditional heartlands without a challenge is not going to happen.”

“This is a great opportunity for the Central Coast community to interact with the Knights up close and there will be more in the future” he added.

Thursday’s fan day will kick off at 9.45 am at Morrie Breen Oval with autograph and photo opportunities before a team skills session at 10.30am.

We would never have merged with you clowns if we'd had a say.

You on the other hand voted to merge to fleece 8 million and then steal back to Brookvale, where you never really left anyway.

Don't try and re-write history jizzer.

Hope you hang around long enough to get smashed over the park, which the Bears have accomplished many times against the Delmeagles.

hahahaha!!!!!, if we fleeced 8 million out of you how come we were were almost broke.
if we had your phantom 8 million,dont you think we would have been better off financially and the dead bears would have taken us to court for their phantom 8 million......take your own advice and dont rewrite history

Latest posts