What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Central Coast Bears - Stand Aside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
it's written by the same douche who wrote this a few months ago

http://www.theroar.com.au/2010/08/23/central-coast-support-manly-not-the-bears/

no facts, no source, no credibility and he chooses to quote questions but not the answers. He ignores everything but what he wants to pick out. What a sad merkin writing tripe like this on Christmas..
Interesting with that August article he states the Coast supports Manly... I was at the Bluetongue game and I could've sworn two things - the Bears weren't playing, so it would be impossible to gauge that, and the other thing - the Tigers were far more popular that day :lol:
Anyone out there who doesn't like the idea of Central Coast Bears...??

What you'll get is the Central Coast Dolphins or the Central Coast Pelicans..!!..I mean, do these people think..??

The Bears were always coming up to the Central Coast..You know that nice new stadium that soccer call home..??..It was actually built for the North Sydney Bears to relocate to the Coast before the Bears were sacrificed/Executed for the Murdoch empire..
Correct. Many forget if you look at the seating, every bay contains the words "Go Bears" written into the seating:

Northpower_Stadium_3.jpg

dgsfan

Juniors
Interesting with that August article he states the Coast supports Manly... I was at the Bluetongue game and I could've sworn two things - the Bears weren't playing, so it would be impossible to gauge that, and the other thing - the Tigers were far more popular that day :lol:

Correct. Many forget if you look at the seating, every bay contains the words "Go Bears" written into the seating:

Northpower_Stadium_3.jpg

I can read "Bears" in the seating but what is it supposed to say above it? It doesn't look like "Go", it looks like it says "EAR BEARS"

Goddo

Bench
Wow, that article is a load of crap.

I am against the Bears for a number of reasons (mainly the effect the club will have on the overall NRL position, esp in relation to TV rights, long term growth, over-saturation in NSW, et cetera), but trying to claim the Manly thing and memberships are a bad thing is rediculous.

I can read "Bears" in the seating but what is it supposed to say above it? It doesn't look like "Go", it looks like it says "EAR BEARS"

i think someone is having a laugh, it looks like it says EXPL BEARS...but how can you expel somthing that is already goooorrrrrnnee :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
haha what a rubbish article. People seem to realise that other than the CC Bears, there has not and will not in the forseeable future be another realistic option for the Central Coast. More selfish whinging from some people who want it all their way or nothing at all.

dgsfan

Juniors
i think someone is having a laugh, it looks like it says EXPL BEARS...but how can you expel somthing that is already goooorrrrrnnee :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not having a laugh. Seriously looks like "EAR"!

Attachments

• Northpower_Stadium_3.jpg
    Northpower_Stadium_3.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Northpower_Stadium_31.jpg
    Northpower_Stadium_31.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 6

BunniesMan

Immortal
Umm no. Just wondering what it's supposed to say. As a Bears fan can you tell me?
If you're going to troll at least be better at it. The person who put the pic up explained what is written on the seats in the very same post. If you saw the pic, you saw that.

BDGS

Bench
It says "GO Bears" because the it was built for the Bears because there was always going to be a relocation of the Bears to the Coast.

WOW. Didn't think i would be left to explain that one.

dgsfan

Juniors
What it says above "BEARS". Did they even finish building the stadium? There is that gaping hole at one end with no seats.

bobmar28

Bench
Anyone out there who doesn't like the idea of Central Coast Bears...??

What you'll get is the Central Coast Dolphins or the Central Coast Pelicans..!!..I mean, do these people think..??

The Bears were always coming up to the Central Coast..You know that nice new stadium that soccer call home..??..It was actually built for the North Sydney Bears to relocate to the Coast before the Bears were sacrificed/Executed for the Murdoch empire..

Now having said that, it IS going to be very very difficult for the NRL to install the Bears to an 18 team comp when pretty much media and most fans think there's enough teams in NSW as it is and the game is calling out for expansion into Central QLD, Perth and the like..

If the Bears are to be included in a 18 team comp in 2013, there is only 1 solution and it does make sense.

This is what the NRL need to do..

Include Perth and 2nd QLD team to make 18..

Include for the Central Coast Bears to make 19

Drop the Sharks - Makes 18 again..

Sharks merge with Roosters = Eastern Sharks.

Status
Not open for further replies.